3DXChat Community

Can't open larger rooms any more

Since today I got a strange bug. Maybe @Gizmo , @Lisaor somebody else knows what's going on.
I can't open any room that is larger than about 5 MB any more (*).  It was working fine yesterday, but today it's loading longer than normal, but then I'm in the last room that was working fine, not in the room that was supposed to load.
I can open larger rooms in the editor fine.
It's the same on my laptop, not just on my PC. But when I sent a friend the large room file, he had no problems opening the room and inviting me.
I tried it with my different avis, same result.

It seems as if the space for my account on the 3DXC servers is not big enough to copy my room to them. Very strange.

(*) I know that's very large, but wasn't a problem before.

Hi Dianz,

Just a theory but might be worth a try...if there is some behind the scenes size limitation for the total size of the current room and the target next room, it might be worth trying to go to a small room as an intermediate step (I am of course assuming that the current room is also large).  If it works then it's not a solution but a workaround.

Thanks for your suggestion, Leopardus, but I already tried this. When I open a room <6 MB in the World Editor, then open this room, everything works fine.
When I try the same with the large room, I can open it in the WE, but when I then start the room, the last working / small room is activated 😞

Furthermore, a friend has no probs with my large room.

31 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

There is a 5 MB file size limit for the user's room.

Hi Gizmo, and thanks for your reply. I'm just wondering why other players can open my room and why it was working till yesterday. And I can still open some rooms that are 12 MB, hmmm.

Edited by Diana Prince

This is a server side limit for uploaded files only. You can open any size file in the editor.
Also please note that the game client compress world file when sending it to the server.

that's very strange, because I'm working on this room for over a year and never had this problem before. Three of my friends could load the room, open it and invite me to it without problems.
I can load it in the editor, but when I start the room, it loads the latest version that I was able to load.
So, everybody who wants can try to open the room and enter into it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6tny2wob7xa6txh/New Manhattan Fillers 2021_05_03_xxx_clean_xxx.world?dl=0

Hi all...I was having this issue months ago (before I took a significant amount of time off) and it's still around now. My rooms have been under 2MB in size (1500 -1800kb average) and I still have to try multiple times with multiple resaves to get the room to load. It usually takes saving the room after my changes, loading and selecting it again, and then trying again saving the room to a similar file name before it finally lets me load (long spinning time for the load). It also doesn't seem to happen on all of my rooms. Is it a file corrupted or something related to my profile? Is there a way to purge and start over without having to wipe out my entire ID? What are my options?

Thanks,

Laz

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

This is a server side limit for uploaded files only. You can open any size file in the editor.
Also please note that the game client compress world file when sending it to the server.

Can you give us the compress ratio?

4 hours ago, Fyrefly said:

Hi all...I was having this issue months ago (before I took a significant amount of time off) and it's still around now. My rooms have been under 2MB in size (1500 -1800kb average) and I still have to try multiple times with multiple resaves to get the room to load. It usually takes saving the room after my changes, loading and selecting it again, and then trying again saving the room to a similar file name before it finally lets me load (long spinning time for the load). It also doesn't seem to happen on all of my rooms. Is it a file corrupted or something related to my profile? Is there a way to purge and start over without having to wipe out my entire ID? What are my options?

Thanks,

Laz

It's interesting to hear that I'm not the only one. The same symptoms here: there are some large files that still work. Long loading times with the rooms that don't work, ...
I even bought a new account just for testing purposes to rule out that my userspace on the server is corrupted. But it's the same with a totally different, fresh account.
A friend logged in for testing purposes to this new dummy account and she was (of course) able to open the room. When I took over the account again, I could open the room finally, because it was transferred to the server at this point. But when I switched to another room and back to the large room -> same problem again of course 😞

Just to be clear here: I can open every room in the World Editor, because, as Gizmo said, this is only locally. I'm talking about opening the room itself.

I also tried using mobile connection with my iPhone as a hotspot. To rule out something with my connection or my router blocking some ports.
I tried rebooting my router. I tried to switch off the Windows anti virus software. Everything to no avail 😞
I tried it on my PC and my laptop, and I reinstalled 3DXC.

For me, it seems the server rejects larger rooms, but only from my devices. No idea what did change since early yesterday when everything was working fine. There were two MS antivirus updates since then, but I switched AV off and it didn't make a difference.

I'm gonna try today using a VPN and disassembling and assembling my room again step by step and see what and when the problems start.

-- just tried it again this morning, and it let me open my room ONCE! Thought everything was fine now, but as Firefly said, it was only this one time. When I loaded another room, could not open my larger room.

So @Gizmo, please have a look at this again as it seems NOT to be a file size issue. More like running into a timeout when the file gets uploaded to the server. Maybe there are some logs on the server with some kind of error message that would give us a clue. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Diana Prince

OK, so using a VPN did the trick! I was able to open every room again.
Anybody else here from Germany, having Deutsche Telekom as ISP and having these issues?

Gizmo, is there anything you can do about this on the server side? Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, CatKatW said:

It seems to be working fine this morning 🙂

11 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

I can confirm this! Loaded different rooms that didn't work the last 2 days and had no problems any more. 
So it looks like it was indeed a server issue.

confirmed, it works again, let´s see how long :D

• 2 weeks later...

Seems i have this issue too since yesterday
i can´t load any other rooms too, in the editor i can change the room, but if i enter, there is still the room i had before, i tried several file sizes but still load the room i had before

I had this problem just for 2 or 3 days, then it solved itself somehow. In the meantime it did work when I used a VPN.
You can try if this makes a difference for you, too. I used Hotspot Shield VPN. It has a free test version without the need to register anything.

🇫🇷 Oh, l'autre jour j'avais pris le fichier de Véronique, afin de l'essayer et ça a fonctionné pour moi. Cela a pris légèrement plus longtemps que d'habitude, mais la map s'est ouverte sans problème.
Je travail actuellement sur une map, que je modifie pour des besoins de rp et la map est à un peu plus de 4Mb et elle s'ouvre. Du moins, pour le moment. Je précise que j'ai une vieille machine. Mon ordi, qui est un ordinateur portable, n'est pas récent du tout. lol ;)

🇺🇸 Oh, the other day I took Veronique's file to try it and it worked for me. It took a little longer than usual, but the map opened without any problem.
I'm currently working on a map, which I'm modifying for rp purposes and the map is just over 4Mb and it opens. At least for the moment.
I have an old machine. My computer, which is a laptop, is not new at all. lol ;)