3DXChat Community

Better Controls

KayliMoon

I'd like to request we have WASD movement as an option, as well as Jumping. There's no reason we can't have it, no reason not to implement it, and no real reason anyone should object to the option. WASD controls are more user friendly, especially for those who are used to PC controls for games.

Note: I'm not asking to remove the old point and click movement, a lot of people prefer it and that's okay. I just want options to use a different movement style. It allows for better precision and avoids accidental clicking of things you don't wish to click.

--------------------------------------
FAQ:

What does this do for us in general?
-Precision movements: stopping where you wish, no more "walking into walls" or other players, etc.
-Attract more people who are used to playing PC games.
-Jumping would allow us to get on top of tables easier without glitching.
-Both controls would open new room idea opportunities, perhaps parkour maps with precision controls for fun. 

Why would they waste time doing this?
-This would give us more control options.
-There's no downside, keeping the old control scheme as an option means you don't have to use the new one if you don't want to.

This would take a while to rework the controls.
-It actually would not. We already have the framework for the controls in-game. The Free-Cam controls are already WASD, which means it can be done. They just need to assign cardinal movements to keypresses which is just a few lines of code.
-The only thing that could be argued would be jumping, but a universal animation for jumping up doesn't have to be complex. We already have "hopping" animations in some dances, so it probably wouldn't be hard to just tweak those. 
-In total, I'd say the most this kind of update would take if they started work on it now would be less than 24 hours in work time, that's being generous with break-times. Note: This is based off of my own experience with modelling and basic coding. I'm not even an expert in coding, and I could do this myself.

I reiterate, I'm not asking to remove the point and click style of gameplay, just give us another option. If you wish to keep using the clicking style, then it should stay as an option.

On 4/28/2021 at 7:49 PM, Leeloo said:

I wonder why everyone ask WASD and not the arrow keys, because trustme, playing a game with WASD in france is a real mess lol

You need in 3dx Just a Option to make costume controlls like in every normal *video game*.

And  WASD / Arrow Keys depends.

I mean if you are *Right hander* , You Play with the right Hand with the Mouse  and WASD Keys.

If you are Left hander.. or at least.. know much they Play with Arrow keys (and left hand).

Also must say.. you could improve some thing in 3dx.

Like Have more Options in general like:

1. Set off/on  that stranger peoples can friend you.

2. Set off/on that stranger  peoples can add you as partner.

3. Set off/on that stranger peoples can invite you to your Apartment

4. Set off/on that you can Private messages from Strangers.

5. Remove this *Delete Friend , if you click right click on the person .. sometimes you delete Peoples because of that. That you can delete peoples just in the Friendlist.

6. Deactive/Active that peoples can cuddle/kiss cheek you (Saw some they dont like it)

7.  Add Finally as By Interested in: Also more as this Men/Women thing..like add Transgender /Transsexual/Intersexual /Non Binary.. whatever peoples.. or  kinda something like this... Or At least.. Delete it. And Add your Sexuality .. maybe Better. Like Hetero,Bi,Lesbian,Gay,Pansexual,Demisexual, Asexual,Greysexual.. and kinda more exist.

8. Add like on your profile like.. you are Married, friend or Special peoples/subs/Dom.. something like this.

9. What fuck me Off, Really. If you got too much in Ignorelist (for different reason).. and you need to find 1 Specifc person.. you cant find the one. I mean like you could search the one.. in the ignorelist too, just in the friendlist work.

10.  That you can walk into peoples.. I mean like sinclub for example the best example. A lot of peoples on the entry.. you have to write every person move.. a bit.. or ignore the one.. that you can go into the club.

11. Give the General Locactions Beach/Sinclub/Loveisland and these one .. a little upgrade.. Like add  some couches in a back room or so.. even in Beach you could add like with stone design.. some couches.. or walls.. or something else.

12.  Roomeditor need also More Objects .. even what would really.. really Helpful. In a Game like 3dxchat .. it exist something like this: That you can Invite peoples to your room editor.. that peoples can train /show you.. how to make things.. or help make a costume room for you (if they like). Or you can train peoples.. how to built. A lot of peoples.. even me.. got problems to built with the editor.. to make a House/pool..or streets to make .. is not the problem.. but make  a good island.. decoration.. and these things.. are kinda hard as beginner.

13. Add a Real Friendlist.. i mean like every Plattform got it.. like Steam..battle.net..epic game launcher... and much much much more.

Like You  can change your Status to: AFK, BUSY/DND, FAKE OFFLINE.

14. In the Friendlist too what.. time the person in your list...was last time online.

Because the time different to peoples.. had it also a lot.. like this. Like i doesnt saw them online.. but they was online as i sleeped.. or they online.. as i sleeped. They deleted me.. i deleted them.. and we both thought.. we quitted 3dx. And than one day.. you see each other online.. and the other one get disapointed.. or wondered.

Edited by Jule1988

5 hours ago, Jule1988 said:

12.  Roomeditor need also More Objects .. even what would really.. really Helpful. In a Game like 3dxchat .. it exist something like this: That you can Invite peoples to your room editor.. that peoples can train /show you.. how to make things.. or help make a costume room for you (if they like). Or you can train peoples.. how to built. A lot of peoples.. even me.. got problems to built with the editor.. to make a House/pool..or streets to make .. is not the problem.. but make  a good island.. decoration.. and these things.. are kinda hard as beginner.

That's really needed! Even if the guest is just a passive observer.
I use Twitch to stream when I want to show something to someone in the editor. You can use any desktop sharing program, I guess. This is the best we can do right now sadly.
Yes, I'm looking at you, @Gizmo 😉

Talk about better contorls...

Need  plus one room opening type: "invite list"
If I want to invite certain people, be they friends or strangers, I can only apply the Group chat invitation. This would basically be a good option if you could use a different interface in the room for a smaller group conversation. That is, if I open the room to a Group, I can’t chat with a smaller group within the group, only locally.
The other problem with a group invitation is that they only see the room if they have just accepted the invitation ... that is, if they missed it for some reason, they don’t see the room they just opened, they have to wait for the next invitation.

The solution could be the "Invite List" option. By clicking on the selected person, I could select to add it to the "invite list" and he will be on it until I delete it. So when I want to open a room only to the selected people, I open that list.
Its advantage:
- It's easier for me to optimize who I'm inviting
- I can also invite offline or AFK people so they can join later
- I can invite not only friends, but also foreign players ... later, when I'm no longer in active contact with them.
- The group chat interface remains free to chat to break down the game into smaller groups within the room.

4 minutes ago, Angelqueen said:

That is, if I open the room to a Group, I can’t chat with a smaller group within the group, only locally.

This part right here, is possible. 
If you enter the room that is open to group, then Leave the group, you remain in the room. And thus you Can divide into smaller groups then. 

It is a hassle if you DC though, because you need to join the original Group again to see the room again. 

14 hours ago, Jule1988 said:

I mean if you are *Right hander* , You Play with the right Hand with the Mouse  and WASD Keys.

If you are Left hander.. or at least.. know much they Play with Arrow keys (and left hand).

I, myself, am right handed and generally i set the keys ZQSD that are placed, on eurpoean keyboards, at the same spot than WASD in US keyboards. But i also play games that uses only the arrow keys to move, and in both cases, i play with my left hand on the keyboard and my right hant on the mouse.