3DXChat Community

Getting disconnected often and more than acceptable

Schala

Hi there, sorry but this is becoming really not acceptable. I got disconnected more than once a day in the last 2 months, and not for my internet issues as i have another PC working daily and never being. Had been told that the staff is working on fixing issues on servers, but it seems nothing is changed. More, in 2019 we had updates monthly (more or less), but now it seems you are not interested anymore in developing anything (last update: December 3rd with dance poses - no server issues fixed as the disconnections are going on, no new poses, no textures - and God guard us from being able to load our own textures...  - no items to customize clothes (boring and boring!!!! and more, no formal dresses added... frustrating to be kind...and ofc no possibility to make our own clothes...). What are you waiting for? Your customers are PAYING, sometimes more than one account! We are paying but on the other hand we would like no issues on servers (not getting disconnected once a day.... once a week can be acceptable even not forever, not once a day!), new customizations and something new to be done. Oh and by the way, its impossible building anything and having the game going on crash anytime we copy an item for too many ppl are online! Please, fix and make things we are paying for acceptable as this way its really not fair to pay and play a good game "occasionally" when the server is able to manage the players.

Take care

I have stable internet, very fast at that and I still get disconnected once a day.

I doubt they are fixing anything, according to their road map they are adding new sex poses, dances and other clothing choices. no mention of optimization or stability improvements.

Plus they even claim we were to have this "huge update" since 2 or so months ago, but they are late with that as well.

Stability is the last thing on their minds it seems. 😐

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, SteveH said:

get used with it, this will never change......

Sorry, i wont. And if things will not change (and its up to US, to each one of us make that things change!!!), i will just dont renew my accounts and ofc my friends will follow me. I pay money, real money, not xgolds, but euros! and i want the service. To have something that i pay useless, tell me why sould I. They will do nothing again ofc, but without my more than 600 euros annually, as i buy Xgolds too. So they will have a few ppl less buying xgolds and paying fo useless accounts. 

Maybe they can play with lots of ppl. I am more than 30 years into the chats world, as a moderator too, and when i left on the one i was before i pulled lots of ppl with me...  and be sure that if they lose the most of the customers, they will just have 2 options: or to work or just close. Up to them choosing what they want to do. I am tired paying to someone that promises promises and DOESNT do ANYTHING to fix issues. And i am referring to the "FAKE GREAT UPDATE"... Lies can be told to kids believing to PapaNoel... not to grown up ppl that know their right. One year had beeen gifted them. They have that time. My 1st account will fade up into a month, my other 2 will fade into 6 months :D i am ready to find something else if i must... ofc this is not a pleasure, but i dont work to keep their asses up while i am earning each single euro sweating my blood to work and earn. Up to them. And if ppl will choose to pay useless their money, well free to do. I am not Onassis. I am one that works hard. and ofc i pay if things deserve. if not, will fidn something else :D

Have a good day

I replied to a similar topic a few months ago, but for convenience, pasted it down here.

To rule out the obvious: Do you experience the connection issues on both US and EU entry points?

A few months back, I had the same problem as you. But since patch 423 (released mid september) I've maybe experience 1 or 2 disconnects on a montly basis (and I am online... A LOT). Reading you still experience these connection issues, IT COULD be the case that it's on your end. Because a problem what is still current, is that 3DXChat needs a very stable internet connection, and it not able to "buffer". When you lose a few packets, the client will disconnect you. So this means that even when you can watch YouTube video's, play online games, download stuff, etc etc, doesn't mean your internet connection is stable enough for a issue-free 3DXChat experience. 

Things you can try to isolate the problem:

Colin is right, you should test the things he mentioned.

If there was a global connection issue with 3DXC, the uproar here would be much higher.
I myself luckily never experience a connection loss other than the server downtimes or when the DDOS attacks happened. But then everybody was affected.
What I conclude is:
If you have a stable Internet connection, beginning from how you connect (WiFi or cable), to the quality of your provider, all the way to the 3DXC servers, you likely will hardly experience any connection issues.
But of course it's a valid question why the devs can't make 3DXC more resilient against packet loss, like many other software and games are. And this is the criticism we can make.

Edited by Diana Prince

I get dc nearly every time i am in the game. I have cable and totaly stable internet connection and it doesnt matter if i log on over US or EU server, the same on both.

And this dont change since months, so i can imagine that people dont renew when membership runs out. (i am also thinking about) And no updates for stability and no updates with new poses or stuff for a long time. So what these guys (3DX employees) are doing? Only counting the money they got from us?

Getting regular disconnections is definitely not something we all experience.  Like Diana said above, I also only experienced it during the ddos attacks, at other times I have rarely experienced connection losses over several years of playing almost daily.  This does suggest the underlying cause is something that is variable between different users, such as packet loss occuring as a result of a drop of quality of connection somewhere in the end to end path.  One thing is for sure is that the Internet is a complex beast with many, many variables and potential failure points between each person's connection to the game servers.

There are free online packet loss tools which can help to show if there is a problem in the quality of a connection, but from what I have seen of them they only test the quality at the time of running a quick test, and only to/from a specfic node for the test.  I guess tools that provide constant background monitoring of a person's actual usage are the type that cost money.

It may appear that an internet connection is perfectly stable, but most websites and games are not highly sensitive to packet loss, so connection issues may not be apparant. I have read on these forums that the 3DX client is particularly susceptable to packet loss, although I'm not sure if this is fact or theory, but let's assume it is correct. Whilst causes of packet loss occuring somewhere in the connection path outside of 3DX's managed infrastructure are not their fault, I do agree with Diana that maybe 3DX could try make their software client less sensitive to packet losses that do occur for those that can't establish a really high quality end to end connection path every time, or even at any time.

Edited by Leopardus

Yes, if YouTube would be as sensitive to packet loss as 3DXC seems to be, Steve and Schala and many more would see that their internet connection is not as stable as it seems. The only thing you would see with YouTube is that it is buffering for a little while. But with 3DXC, it seems that after n packet losses, it's "game over"...