3DXChat Community

April Fool's?

On 4/20/2021 at 4:56 AM, Diana Prince said:

@Niblette

So I made a Times New Roman Font template in Inkscape like you see in the picture.
The svg file is in the DropBox link (it doesn't let me upload it here for some reason):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl62lfrvw7t1eec/Times New Roman Font.svg?dl=0

I would love to see what your editor can make of it, and what the world file would look like. If this works, we could make texts and logos for 3DXC in a few minutes! 😍

Times_New_Roman_Font.svg-text10-513.png

There were a number of bugs in my program with these paths but they are fixed now here is some output of that font. I included one with the object number set for 20 42 and 81 as well as a combined one I scaled and rotated but sadly missed the inside of the little e that's my fault and not a program bug though. I did notice though that it wants to divide straight lines into a bunch of lines with little difference in angle I'll liked add another optimization step that looks for small angle changes over a group of lines and combines then into one line or something like that.

font.png

20.world 42.world 81.world

Times New Roman Font.world

Edited by Niblette

7 hours ago, Niblette said:

There were a number of bugs in my program with these paths but they are fixed now here is some output of that font. I included one with the object number set for 20 42 and 81 as well as a combined one I scaled and rotated but sadly missed the inside of the little e that's my fault and not a program bug though. I did notice though that it wants to divide straight lines into a bunch of lines with little difference in angle I'll liked add another optimization step that looks for small angle changes over a group of lines and combines then into one line or something like that.

font.png

20.world 615.01 kB · 1 download 42.world 1.25 MB · 1 download 81.world 2.39 MB · 1 download

Times New Roman Font.world 1.56 MB · 1 download

omg, that's awesome! I'm really looking forward to your editor, it will help SO MUCH 😍
If you need something else to test with, I uploaded the Coca Cola logo here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5m9u78cmgu1kd7/Coca-Cola-logo.svg?dl=0

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2021 at 1:42 AM, JenC said:

Yeah, I entered a cute spring dress and a strapless sanguine, both were knocked back because they were below the knee. 😢

I wonder if there may not be a work around for this problem. Like adding a transparency to the legs to the length of the dress? 

The Curio Avi had no body under clothing which made making transparent clothing impossible, yet long dresses possible. There has to be a way to make sections of legs that would clip invisible.

As for clipping that would occur in chairs such wide meshes could encounter, it seems that the pros all expect some clipping to occur in even AAA games. It seems the answer is how much will you accept.  Even that could be worked around by having wider chair props that could accommodate those meshes.

As silly as I think marriage is in a game, I think it's even sillier to have that feature without wedding dresses.

kcSqK2B.png

ltziDAI.png

Edited by THX

2 hours ago, THX said:

I wonder if there may not be a work around for this problem. Like adding a transparency to the legs to the length of the dress? 

The Curio Avi had no body under clothing which made making transparent clothing impossible, yet long dresses possible. There has to be a way to make sections of legs that would clip invisible.

As for clipping that would occur in chairs such wide meshes could encounter, it seems that the pros all expect some clipping to occur in even AAA games. It seems the answer is how much will you accept.  Even that could be worked around by having wider chair props that could accommodate those meshes.

As silly as I think marriage is in a game, I think it's even sillier to have that feature without wedding dresses.

kcSqK2B.png

ltziDAI.png

unless you make the avatar walks with dress but not their leg, or the dress has it's rig, the answer will be :no :(

12 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

unless you make the avatar walks with dress but not their leg, or the dress has it's rig, the answer will be :no :(

Not sure how they did if (because you would still see shoes and exposed body The body not covered by a mesh -like that long dress with shoulder straps, but invisible under the straps themselves for example. Anything covered my a mesh was gone underneath.

Why couldn't you just make things "walk" normal but make invisible the legs where clipping would occur?

You have technical knowledge, I have only observation. However, it has been done.

That's why I posted the meshes, to provide support for what has been observed and show concretely that it has been. I could post at least another few long dress meshes. It was done somehow.

xau4HXN.png

OSvMCpD.png

Xk8CZSG.png

r28ivMz.png

Their Avi obviously had a body. I submit this as evidence.

4S32oW4.png

They seem to have solved the issue with not walking on yuor tip toes toes too. I submit this.

Flip Flops.

5WHNdKb.png

EcJ1sCw.png

*That project has been dead for over 2 years. So this isn't advertisement. Just proof of concept.

Edited by THX

On 4/2/2021 at 4:32 PM, Gizmo said:

Hi guys,

This is not an April Fool's joke. We want to add poses in the cage. And this will be part of our content update. At the moment, we are working on 3 updates to the game:
1) Content update
2) Collaboration with another company, this update will add a unique feature to the game, which is still not available on the market
3) Customizing the clothing update

And when? We have May, somewhere there was an anouncement for end of February 2021, wasn't it?

Edited by Feuermond

On 5/2/2021 at 5:31 AM, THX said:

Not sure how they did if (because you would still see shoes and exposed body The body not covered by a mesh -like that long dress with shoulder straps, but invisible under the straps themselves for example. Anything covered my a mesh was gone underneath.

Why couldn't you just make things "walk" normal but make invisible the legs where clipping would occur?

You have technical knowledge, I have only observation. However, it has been done.

That's why I posted the meshes, to provide support for what has been observed and show concretely that it has been. I could post at least another few long dress meshes. It was done somehow.

xau4HXN.png

OSvMCpD.png

Xk8CZSG.png

r28ivMz.png

Their Avi obviously had a body. I submit this as evidence.

4S32oW4.png

They seem to have solved the issue with not walking on yuor tip toes toes too. I submit this.

Flip Flops.

5WHNdKb.png

EcJ1sCw.png

*That project has been dead for over 2 years. So this isn't advertisement. Just proof of concept.

The problem on the devs side is more about how to rig long dresses to make them look good with current dances. I saw such problems in other projects and they haven`t been solved really.

ps: i forgot that our devs said about the verticles or poly limits for 3dxchat models/cloth items and stuff.

Edited by ☙𝔼𝕩❧
ps

3 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

Exactly. Instead of developing stuff that most people are asking for (clothes editor), they invest time in stuff hardly anybody will buy because it's expensive and the functionality is questionable.

It looks like they have another plan that is different with ours lol Lets see what will happens. 

On 5/7/2021 at 9:21 AM, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

The problem on the devs side is more about how to rig long dresses to make them look good with current dances. I saw such problems in other projects and they haven`t been solved really.

ps: i forgot that our devs said about the verticles or poly limits for 3dxchat models/cloth items and stuff.

Most likely, that is why the body was replaced there.

Now that you mention it, I do remember somewhat vaguely how it saved Poly's.

Edited by THX

On 5/7/2021 at 7:53 PM, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

It looks like they have another plan that is different with ours lol Lets see what will happens. 

They quite often have other plans than working on, and implementing features they themselves promised...

Edited by Tsela

On 4/2/2021 at 4:32 PM, Gizmo said:

Hi guys,

This is not an April Fool's joke. We want to add poses in the cage. And this will be part of our content update. At the moment, we are working on 3 updates to the game:
1) Content update
2) Collaboration with another company, this update will add a unique feature to the game, which is still not available on the market
3) Customizing the clothing update

So okay, let's check:

Content update: YES, but the cage poses cannot freely be assigned in the world editor. Back to old not flexible 3DX Style. Oh, yes, we can walk through the iron cage, it is really realistic if you assume the cage if from the phantome zone or such. And again no reall FF poses, it all needs a strap again.
Collaboration: YES (who has asked for this with higher priority than the pose editor?)

Customizing clothes update: NO, it's still just the colors and has nothing in common with this:

And the new skirt and new boots cannot even be colorized in white.

Conclusion: All in all it's disappointing again, nothing special.

By the way, we still do not have a pose editor:

Okay, but when will the pose editor be? It's all back since up to 3 years. Is there any timeline available now?

Edited by Feuermond