3DXChat Community

April Fool's?

7 hours ago, Niblette said:

A different background color might help sometimes the random line color is to close to the background color, or the color of another line, but I do let you chance the color of each line manually. I might add a zoom value as well or maybe a scrollable window that's a good idea there are a bunch of little tweaks like that which I'll look into adding. 

Basically what the program does right now is it lets you load an SVG file, and it takes all the paths, and then creates optimized lines that approximate the shape of the path. That's what the object number is its the number of lines that that particular path will have, so you can make something that only has a specific number of objects in it. So, any detailed editing would be done in something like inkscape or adobe illustrator. 

The first version might end up being a bit experimental there are a bunch of little things that could be a tad better, but are tricky to address without the main part of it being completely tested.

OMG, this sounds even better 🤩    I think I just got an editgasm, hihi.
/me downloads Inkscape right now.

Thank you so much in advance! 🥰

@Niblette

So I made a Times New Roman Font template in Inkscape like you see in the picture.
The svg file is in the DropBox link (it doesn't let me upload it here for some reason):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vl62lfrvw7t1eec/Times New Roman Font.svg?dl=0

I would love to see what your editor can make of it, and what the world file would look like. If this works, we could make texts and logos for 3DXC in a few minutes! 😍

Times_New_Roman_Font.svg-text10-513.png

11 hours ago, JenC said:

Yeah, I entered a cute spring dress and a strapless sanguine, both were knocked back because they were below the knee. 😢

Thanks for that.

It kinda finally answers a question many of us had on why the Curio project never used a body under the clothes. The clothes meshes would replace covered body parts which made it impossible to make transparent clothes, but I guess would solve the long dress problems.

Hopefully, what Gizmo has planned for clothing customization isn't all just skin tight clothing and eventually you can get your long dresses in.

Edited by THX

8 hours ago, alex9110 said:

Is sad that april is almost over, another month without an update, and this topic will be named "April-May Fool's"

Maybe an example...

Have you never worked on something complicated... let's use a puzzle as an example, and someone asked you "how long till you're done?"

Where you ever right on if you told them when it would be done? I never was.

Edited by THX

1 hour ago, THX said:

Maybe an example...

Have you never worked on something complicated... let's use a puzzle as an example, and someone asked you "how long till you're done?"

Where you ever right on if you told them when it would be done? I never was.

"It's done when it's done!" 😉

But in my opinion in Gizmo's case his mistake is not taking his time and (hopefully) testing everything fully, but the lack of communication. If he would keep us up to date once in a while, people wouldn't be so angry. 
We just don't know, if he is working his ass off and run in some technical difficulties, is he waiting for the other company to get stuff done, or is he just lazy.

9 hours ago, THX said:

Thanks for that.

It kinda finally answers a question many of us had on why the Curio project never used a body under the clothes. The clothes meshes would replace covered body parts which made it impossible to make transparent clothes, but I guess would solve the long dress problems.

Hopefully, what Gizmo has planned for clothing customization isn't all just skin tight clothing and eventually you can get your long dresses in.

I've been looking far and wide among games for quite some time including ones from the billion+ dollar companies to see how they dealt with the clipping issues, and they do it in a number of ways, firstly by not making them at all(which is what most do), or making the lower area very wide, or huge leg cuts in them. The reality is, there is no way to make loose-long clothing react the way you want it to in every situation you're going to come across in an open world like this one. If you give it free reign, chances are it will end up flying all over the place as it collides with the various assets in the world, a few studios tried this method with varying success and failures depending on the lengths and types of applications used, much like ragdoll and other effects.

The scripting is used to control what happens when you sit, lay or crouch or whatever but almost impossible to cover all the variables in a world like 3dx when you think about all the seated and laying positions solo, then all of the poses which are continually growing, then add in all the dances and finally, the custom worlds we inhabit and now you have some really serious work involved in adding a single dress. Not only that, but the possible performance hit from all the scripting going on in a room full of people using those long dresses would be prohibitive for a lot of people.

Personally, id be happy to get them into 3DX, add in the basic scripts for walking seating embracing etc and a notice that they wont work with dancing or poses, even go so far as to block out the dance buttons.

2 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

But in my opinion in Gizmo's case his mistake is not taking his time and (hopefully) testing everything fully, but the lack of communication. If he would keep us up to date once in a while, people wouldn't be so angry. 
We just don't know, if he is working his ass off and run in some technical difficulties, is he waiting for the other company to get stuff done, or is he just lazy.

I think we would all like to know more. Every community does. Heard this plea many times in many forums.

IMO he has. I may be wrong, but I read things as "we are hoping to have it done by X."  As with finishing a puzzle, who knows how long?

4 minutes ago, JenC said:

I've been looking far and wide among games for quite some time including ones from the billion+ dollar companies to see how they dealt with the clipping issues, and they do it in a number of ways, firstly by not making them at all(which is what most do), or making the lower area very wide, or huge leg cuts in them. The reality is, there is no way to make loose-long clothing react the way you want it to in every situation you're going to come across in an open world like this one. If you give it free reign, chances are it will end up flying all over the place as it collides with the various assets in the world, a few studios tried this method with varying success and failures depending on the lengths and types of applications used, much like ragdoll and other effects.

The scripting is used to control what happens when you sit, lay or crouch or whatever but almost impossible to cover all the variables in a world like 3dx when you think about all the seated and laying positions solo, then all of the poses which are continually growing, then add in all the dances and finally, the custom worlds we inhabit and now you have some really serious work involved in adding a single dress. Not only that, but the possible performance hit from all the scripting going on in a room full of people using those long dresses would be prohibitive for a lot of people.

Personally, id be happy to get them into 3DX, add in the basic scripts for walking seating embracing etc and a notice that they wont work with dancing or poses, even go so far as to block out the dance buttons.

This sounds like the argument made to replace the body with clothing meshes -5-7 years ago. 

TY, I thought it complicated, but this is... far more.

46 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

Anyway, deadlines aren’t just to reassure customers ... it’s also about giving developers a motivating goal.

15 minutes ago, Angelqueen said:

Anyway, deadlines aren’t just to reassure customers ... it’s also about giving developers a motivating goal.

Of course, but unrealisticly set deadlines can lead to something like Cyberpunk 2077 😉
Assuming a product is not just vaporware, I would prefer an honest and open communication from the devs. 

I hope the wait for the next update(s) will be worth it. The longer the wait, the higher the expectations...

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

Assuming a product is not just vaporware, I would prefer an honest and open communication from the devs.

Something like a regular tweet every week or so. 

Here’s what we’re working on. 
Here’s our progress or lack of it. 
Etc. 

Even if it’s a message like “We haven’t done anything due to XYZ”

It would at least be communication. 

24 minutes ago, Twiggy said:

Yep, I can imagine what those messages would say. "Not much done this week sorry, got to pissed while partying with all the money we are making from you guys.

No argument there lol

it's sad to say... but it seems ppl are leaving this game now.

remember how many different large rooms(which is not club or dj room) we got last month? at least 5 I guess

how about now?

I saw 3 of these large rooms yesterday: 2 is dj rooms, and 1 is a simple sex room made from a lot of uploaded mods and room samples. I know it's unfair to say that, but ain't this means we doesn't have much people in this game?

4 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

it's sad to say... but it seems ppl are leaving this game now.

The player base has grown and shrunk a lot over the years.
People leaving now has another reason I think.
We saw a surge of new players from people stuck at home from the Covid Lockdowns.
Those are slowly being lifted in many places, so people are going out again. No need for an outlet like 3DX.

I would not worry to much about the number of players though.
Game's still vibrant and alive. Lack of updates notwithstanding.

1 hour ago, Derai said:

The player base has grown and shrunk a lot over the years.
People leaving now has another reason I think.
We saw a surge of new players from people stuck at home from the Covid Lockdowns.
Those are slowly being lifted in many places, so people are going out again. No need for an outlet like 3DX.

I would not worry to much about the number of players though.
Game's still vibrant and alive. Lack of updates notwithstanding.

it is true, but I'm afraid that it's not only because the corona it's gone... because the rooms, or builders,  are actually lesser before pandemic :(

Edited by Lunarelf

3 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

it is true, but I'm afraid that it's not only because the corona it's gone... because the rooms, or builders,  are actually lesser before pandemic :(

Some of the critical reviews you read about 3DX involve retention issues. Like, 'you join for the sex, it grows dull and then people move on or go back to the older worlds because there is more to do.'  I know I spend less and less time building in 3DX myself because it's a lot of the same old thing.

I know Gizmo isn't interested in economy here, but you cannot debate the worlds with economies where there is a daily constant stream of newly made clothes and such is made are more popular.  My point, there is more to do in general.

3DX really grew since the creation of the WE (and the pandemic) but many I've know for a very long time in other worlds who came over, seem to be spending more time in the older worlds again - even if they are outdated.  Women like their clothes.

There is no doubt the quality of 3DX is high in many areas. But when you have mainly women - who have wardrobes of HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of outfits in the old worlds, wearing the same cloths day after day in 3DX isn't incentive enough to stay for many. Never underestimate the power of the dress up fantasy and wearing clothing you never could in RL.  The attempts to have like "Superhero Night,"  "Leather and Lace Night" "Uniform Night"  or Formal Balls - to name a few are severely limited in 3DX because of the lack of clothing content.

It sounds like Gizmo is attempting to address this issue in an upcoming update.  I guess we will see how effective it is. 

Edited by THX

5 hours ago, THX said:

Some of the critical reviews you read about 3DX involve retention issues. Like, 'you join for the sex, it grows dull and then people move on or go back to the older worlds because there is more to do.'  I know I spend less and less time building in 3DX myself because it's a lot of the same old thing.

I know Gizmo isn't interested in economy here, but you cannot debate the worlds with economies where there is a daily constant stream of newly made clothes and such is made are more popular.  My point, there is more to do in general.

3DX really grew since the creation of the WE (and the pandemic) but many I've know for a very long time in other worlds who came over, seem to be spending more time in the older worlds again - even if they are outdated.  Women like their clothes.

There is no doubt the quality of 3DX is high in many areas. But when you have mainly women - who have wardrobes of HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of outfits in the old worlds, wearing the same cloths day after day in 3DX isn't incentive enough to stay for many. Never underestimate the power of the dress up fantasy and wearing clothing you never could in RL.  The attempts to have like "Superhero Night,"  "Leather and Lace Night" "Uniform Night"  or Formal Balls - to name a few are severely limited in 3DX because of the lack of clothing content.

It sounds like Gizmo is attempting to address this issue in an upcoming update.  I guess we will see how effective it is. 

Indeed, virtual bling is a billion dollar a year industry in and of itself.

5 hours ago, Neur said:

I know what would motivate the devs to add content!

They could offer a service in which users could send models of clothing to the devs and it would cost $$$ to add them in game.

Oh, so sending free stuff to devs is not good enough, better make users pay their money for the work they do? Sounds like a great plan. I wonder how low self-esteem of a person should be to to pay money just to let someone use what they made. 

49 minutes ago, Xizi said:

Oh, so sending free stuff to devs is not good enough, better make users pay their money for the work they do? Sounds like a great plan. I wonder how low self-esteem of a person should be to to pay money just to let someone use what they made. 

Yes, if that's what it takes to get more content to the game. I wasn't thinking large amounts of money. Maybe something like 3 for 5€... I don't know about you but I'm not very jealous of my creations and I would happily let others use them as well. I share a lot of content for free on deviantart etc.