3DXChat Community

April Fool's?

12 hours ago, Tsela said:

It's gizmo who created the Suggestions section on the forums, and if the majority of the suggestions are only there to fill the garbage bag of the developers and this section doesn't affect development decisions, then probably there is no point of having a conversation on this subject. 

I'm certain you know that this is the case for the majority of suggestions, you only have to spend a little time going back through them to see they have only implemented a few ideas out of the thousands put forward over the years, but still, if you have time to waste, no harm in adding to the conversations here.

As for the rest? you're still missing the point and are coming to a conclusion from a single standpoint. The BDSM stuff always polls low in Noirs Polls but they are there, a segment of the 3DX users that really like this stuff. As for the the discord reactions, I think there were well over 220 likes for it, or don't they count because its not your cup of tea?

I'm glad Gizmo adds content for all types of users, and you should be too. 🙂

35 minutes ago, JenC said:

you're still missing the point and are coming to a conclusion from a single standpoint.

not from a single standpoint, but from over 440 standpoints which constitutes the majority of people who viewed it, downvoting that post and yes I drew my conclusion based on that. But you keep talking :))

And allow me to add my personal opinion also. Yeah I'm part of the majority too and I find that joke dissapointing and not what I was hoping for either. Basically I also think it's crap.

Edited by Tsela

52 minutes ago, Tsela said:

not from a single standpoint, but from over 440 standpoints which constitutes the majority of people who viewed it, downvoting that post and yes I drew my conclusion based on that. But you keep talking :))

And allow me to add my personal opinion also. Yeah I'm part of the majority too and I find that joke dissapointing and not what I was hoping for either. Basically I also think it's crap.

For what it's worth (if anything),

This update may not be much of anything many of us want. However, it's what the Devs think is best for the platform. Right or wrong choices doesn't matter. They are going to proceed as they think is best.

We can all want stuff. Builders want more building stuff (I am included in this group), many want sex poses, others want more specific things. Gizmo and Lisa may also want specific things. Who do you think will decide in the end?

I've gone on record as being "blah" to the cage stuff. The Lovense stuff, doesn't interest me at all. But it will require a huge amount of their time to make work and they seem committed to it. They are WAY to committed to back out now. I doubt they will stop at this point till it is realized. Would you? I wouldn't. I doubt they will.

Not busting your balls.

Edited by THX

10 minutes ago, THX said:

This update may not be much of anything many of us want. However, it's what the Devs think is best for the platform. Right or wrong choices doesn't matter. They are going to proceed as they think is best.

We can all want stuff. Builders want more building stuff (I am included in this group), many want sex poses, others want more specific things. Gizmo and Lisa may also want specific things. Who do you think will decide in the end?

I've gone on record as being "blah" to the cage stuff. The Lovense stuff, doesn't interest me at all. But it will require a huge amount of their time to make work and they seem committed to it. They are WAY to committed to back out now. I doubt they will stop at this point till it is realized. Would you? I wouldn't. I doubt they will.

Not busting your balls.

Yes. Fair enough. They want to do what's best for the platform, and also they opened the suggestions and development part of teh forum for us to discuss their decisions. and we are doing exactly that. I think it was a poor decision, personally I think there might be other priorities. And people voiced their opinion through a voting system and obviously here also.

It's not like I'm offended by any of these new updates. I do think it's a quite underwhelming addition, which has not many uses for most people, and it's a very situational thing.

And naturally these parts of the forums are there for us to discuss that.

I shared my opinion also about why it is the most poorly received update showcase on that page. if you scroll back you can't find worse. 

Most probably half of the people are over reacting also a bit since they were waiting for many months and possibly they were hoping for something more substantial. So we talked about it.

4 minutes ago, Tsela said:

Yes. Fair enough. They want to do what's best for the platform, and also they opened the suggestions and development part of teh forum for us to discuss their decisions. and we are doing exactly that. I think it was a poor decision, personally I think there might be other priorities. And people voiced their opinion through a voting system and obviously here also.

It's not like I'm offended by any of these new updates. I do think it's a quite underwhelming addition, which has not many uses for most people, and it's a very situational thing.

And naturally these parts of the forums are there for us to discuss that.

I shared my opinion also about why it is the most poorly received update showcase on that page. if you scroll back you can't find worse. 

Most probably half of the people are over reacting also a bit since they were waiting for many months and possibly they were hoping for something more substantial. So we talked about it.

I think your point is  logically valid.

'Why make a section for suggestions if they are rarely considered?' 

7 minutes ago, Angelqueen said:

Did it take four months to create these few poses and cages? It’s really an April Fool’s joke .... or worse .... rather worse

I'll bet you a "gift" we will be getting  whole new client.

(No, I have no inside info.)  But I'd make that bet.

Edited by THX

1 hour ago, THX said:

Not busting your balls.

Let's see this from a business point of view. What draws the most new customers, what keeps the existing customer base (means: what generates income).
If Gizmo develops what HE likes best, that might be stupid if it's not what his customers want.
Hey, I could develop and sell motorcycles, even if I don't have a driving license and wouldn't enjoy riding them. But they make money for me.

So, for me in short it is: "listen to your customers, this will make you the most money". 

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

Let's see this from a business point of view. What draws the most new customers, what keeps the existing customer base (means: what generates income).
If Gizmo develops what HE likes best, that might be stupid if it's not what his customers want.
Hey, I could develop and sell motorcycles, even if I don't have a driving license and wouldn't enjoy riding them. But they make money for me.

So, for me in short it is: "listen to your customers, this will make you the most money". 

Would imagine they feel currently customers base is somewhat okay with content in 3dxchat, so they're likely looking at branching out their game to more customers to grow their subscriber base would be my guess. Of course anything be really speculation unless developers come out in sorta sit down talk about their game, what they're aiming for their future plans etc..

Edited by TashaTight

I would not take the polls nor the forum as a fair representation of the player base.

The gold transfer on discord is massively downvoted while on forum, it is not really the case.

image.png.9316e54cead3fc098d74956f5b6b4953.png

Gizmo said the cage will be part of the content update, so it let me think that it will not be the only content added (maybe I am wrong, but I took it so). 

Everyone will have good arguments to explain why the content they want should be a priority. Builders want more props and tools, dancers more dances, BDSM lovers more things and so on...

As Tasha said, if I had to say what is the most dominant genre in game, would be bisexual female so dev should give priority to them? Then the straight and homosexual community would be loud ( they are already :x).

I think, they try to diversify more and more the type of public they can reach. All this at low speed indeed. Many times this game was said to be sinking, that players would leave massively and so far it didn't happen. I guess devs know their actual position on the market and that their players are quite "captive" because of the lack of competition and therefore they focus more on getting more players than on retention and pleasing the actual ones. I also believe we kinda overestimate what the dev team can do, in volume of work I mean. 

I still dont understand why they dont implement polls on log in page, once logged in, you have a survey appearing, that you can fill only once. This way, they would reach the player base and not only people on discord or forum.

What trouble me the most is that they are still not able to fix bugs like clothes staying on or people showing in location they arent. The synchronization had still issues and this is for me something they really need to fix.

We all have our interests in various things, but I dont think anyone of us does really know what is the exact situation about the game, what people wants, or even how many players we are actually...

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

Listening to your customers does not mean always cater only to the needs of majority. BDSM community also customers and also paying for this game. 

So yes, let's see this from a business point of view. 

Right now, when I am writing this post, video about new cage pose has 230 likes and 449 dislikes. Which is 33,9% and 66,1%. So basically, if we believe the poll, at least 3 out of 10 people playing 3dxchat has interest in BDSM. I don't know how much of them just has a light interest and for how much of them BDSM part is crucial to have fun, but to make it easier let's make it a third of this 33,9%, let's even make it 10% - just to make it easier for our example. So 1 out 10 peeps. 

Remember the poses we have in game? Now tell me, what percentage of poses in game are BDSM ones? Kneeling... choking... slapping... on all fours on the floor... tied to the stool... standing with hands behind the back... What else? Maybe I forgot couple, but it's still a very little percentage of the game poses, less than 10% for sure. 

Now let's say that we have 10 updates in a row. The period of time depends on how productive devs are, it may be 10 updates in a year, or half-year, or two years – but it's 10 updates.

Option one. Gizmo caters only to the needs of majority. All 10 updates has vanilla poses. Zero BDSM poses. How possible that a noticeable portion of 10% people for who BDSM is crucial will be displeased by the complete lack of updates catering to their needs to the point of leaving the game? Pretty high. Gizmo losing people. 

Option two. Gizmo caters to the needs of a whole community, still respecting the majority. He knows that he has 10/30% of people who needs/likes BDSM so 1-3 out of 10 updates has BDSM poses. Actually, considering the proportion of BDSM poses in game – its 1 out of 10 at best, even smaller. So, let's say we have 10 updates in a row, 9 with stuff for everyone and 1 with BDSM stuff. How possible that a noticeable portion of 10% people for who BDSM is crucial will be displeased by it to the point of leaving the game? Very low, most of BDSM community understand that they are not majority here and always will get less poses. Now, How possible that a noticeable portion of 70% people who are not interested in BDSM or who BDSM is something bad and filthy will leave the game because 1 of 10 updates was aimed to BDSM community? Almost impossible, why would someone leave when they already getting 90% of content. 

I understand that BDSM community is not the only "minority" (not sure is it right to use this word here though, considering how much people are into it) group in the 3dxchat. I was talking only about BDSM / no-BDSM folks only to make the example cleaner and more related to the current situation. 

Edited by Xizi

2 hours ago, Xizi said:

Right now, when I am writing this post, video about new cage pose has 230 likes and 449 dislikes. Which is 33,9% and 66,1%. So basically, if we believe the poll, at least 3 out of 10 people playing 3dxchat has interest in BDSM.

Wrong.

People aren't downvoting that thing to oblivion because "they don't like BDSM" It has NOTHING to do with it. scroll back on that page and check every other entry and the reactions to those. There are many things for all sort of taste and the reactions weren't that awful like it was now.

So nope. It has nothing to do with disliking or liking BDSM. It's more of a reaction to this people asking: "oh... and THAT is the best you were able to come up with after all these months?" They are simply unimpressed and the reactions show that.

Let's not pretend that people are haters here towards BDSM or anything. It's simply the most downvoted post, basically ripped to shreds by those who voted because they are unimpressed by the development efforts.

I don't mind bdsm or any fetish being added to the game either. By all means. But I'm also among those who aren't impressed. At all.

Feel free to scroll back and see if any other post was received as poorly as this one did. 

It's not because of the BDSM. It's because of the underwhelming effort they put in the development after all this time at a first glance.

We will see how the patch itself will look like though. Let's save it until then. 

Edited by Tsela

What Tsela said!
If I want to promote a new update, would I showcase a feature that only 10% want or would I promote it with something I know the majority asks for (ahem clothes editor, ahem poses editor)?

Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely not against BDSM poses. There needs to be something for everybody!
I would do it this way:
Have an official poll about requested features. The outcome is binding for 3DXC, and the roadmap will be according to the poll figures.
And there should be a clear communication: "We will work on the clothes editor, bc it had 90% requests, but of course it will take longer than the xxx pose that was requested with 75%, and so on..."
Then keep us customers INFORMED about the work in progress.

I mean, this is normal project management in every company. It's no rocket science.

Peoples are complaining because they think that there will be only the cage in the update, but (if i'm right) no devs said "hey guys, the next update will be only about the cage". All are complaining they want new poses instead of the cage, but who told that there will not be the cage AND new poses (not related to the cage) ?

I mean, in the last update there was (even if it start to be a long time ago) there was always some poses in the pack. We got new hair + some poses, then more body customisation (nipples) + new poses, etc... Probably this time it will be connected toys + the cage + new poses. 

Just wait and see :)

11 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

As long as I've tinkered in these worlds, it's always been about the Development teams vision first and foremost and consider customer requests which are widely varied second.

Lorna and those making poses are going to make what is in their interest first also. Lunarelf is going to make what interests them also. Maybe a request inspires them, but it is still made because they are interested enough to put the time and effort into it. Same with Devs.

I have a theory about why this update is taking awhile and I am looking forward to seeing how close I am.

I suspect that poses are being linked to the Lovense toys. It would really make no sense to release any new poses at this point. I suspect, if going by history, every new major update resulted in a new client. There would also need to be changes to the GUI if the Lovense toys are linked in game. I imagine they have run into many headaches and bugs and are fixing them. On the Lovense page they alluded to this.

Some say, 'you cannot know what most want.' I say bullshit. What most want is clothing and that seems to be an update also waiting in the pipe. That would also require major changes to the client interface I'd imagine. There seems to be a lot going on in Development. Major MAJOR changes. Like them or not.

People can bitch about poses all they want. They arnt going anywhere - anyway in any significant number. No more than those of us who like to build are going to leave only over because we haven't gotten new building content RIGHT NOW.

Edited by THX

1 hour ago, THX said:

Lorna and those making poses are going to make what is in their interest first also. Lunarelf is going to make what interests them also. Maybe a request inspires them, but it is still made because they are interested enough to put the time and effort into it. Same with Devs.

Well just to mention it I would also like to make poses aand such the way I want and I don't need any Lorna or anybody to make stuff few times a year based on their preference. And pose editor was also asked for and promised just like clothing editor is now.

I would not be happy with any Lornas making a few chairs every 5 months either, and thankfully we have the world editor.

Just to point that out. Another feature that was promised and never realised. So probably most people aren't happy with bread crumbs, and maybe a few lame cage poses will not make them jump out of their chair in awe

Anyway, it's empty talks and speculations at this point. Let's wait until the updates are arriving and we will see. I'm done with this topic for now.

Good night ya all

Edited by Tsela

Ain't our major problem should be "why" but not "what" ?

well... I'm not good at programming, so I'm not gonna say this is a easy work. but just a reminder: 4 non-interactive poses, without large body/hand movements, doesn't need 4 months to make, and the "cage" it's basically the most common thing that any player can make one in 10 minutes: the only difference will be the pose, but the cage pose is non-interactive anyway. so somehow this is actually "worse" than the player version. And then... we have a problem: why devs costs 4-month, just make 4 poses that need as maximum as 2 months to make, and every player can make a better version?

Yes, some players may not like the bdsm stuff, but how to keep a vanilla stays pure and sweet? just not putting any chocolates in it. they can totally ignore the update, doesn't install it in their room, or making this pose to some other use---such like sitting on the side of balcony/patio. but this should not be our major problem, what we need it's to know what costs them so long, and make just one pose object, and this pose is not necessary at all...

Edited by Lunarelf

17 hours ago, Tsela said:

Well just to mention it I would also like to make poses aand such the way I want and I don't need any Lorna or anybody to make stuff few times a year based on their preference. And pose editor was also asked for and promised just like clothing editor is now.

I would not be happy with any Lornas making a few chairs every 5 months either, and thankfully we have the world editor.

Just to point that out. Another feature that was promised and never realised. So probably most people aren't happy with bread crumbs, and maybe a few lame cage poses will not make them jump out of their chair in awe

Anyway, it's empty talks and speculations at this point. Let's wait until the updates are arriving and we will see. I'm done with this topic for now.

Good night ya all

I think you may be underestimating the complexity of what it would even take to create a simple enough Pose Creator most could even use. It's never been done yet in any of the major worlds. If it was easy, it would have been added in one by now.

Just be glad people like Loruna bother to even take the time to make them. Can you imagine how less frequent they would be without her?

15 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

Ain't our major problem should be "why" but not "what" ?

well... I'm not good at programming, so I'm not gonna say this is a easy work. but just a reminder: 4 non-interactive poses, without large body/hand movements, doesn't need 4 months to make, and the "cage" it's basically the most common thing that any player can make one in 10 minutes: the only difference will be the pose, but the cage pose is non-interactive anyway. so somehow this is actually "worse" than the player version. And then... we have a problem: why devs costs 4-month, just make 4 poses that need as maximum as 2 months to make, and every player can make a better version?

Yes, some players may not like the bdsm stuff, but how to keep a vanilla stays pure and sweet? just not putting any chocolates in it. they can totally ignore the update, doesn't install it in their room, or making this pose to some other use---such like sitting on the side of balcony/patio. but this should not be our major problem, what we need it's to know what costs them so long, and make just one pose object, and this pose is not necessary at all...

I could be wrong, but if you read the Lovense link (which has now been deleted) on the integration with 3DXChat poses, I'd think getting their teledonics to work with the poses is one of the hurdles that Gizmo and others are working on. 

If every or most poses where being linked, that is a lot of work in itself.

Edited by THX

7 minutes ago, THX said:

I think you may be underestimating the complexity of what it would even take to create a simple enough Pose Creator most could even use. It's never been done yet in any of the major worlds. If it was easy, it would have been added in one by now.

Just be glad people like Loruna bother to even take the time to make them. Can you imagine how less frequent they would be without her?

OMG, yes! If you think, the world editor is difficult to understand and use, don't even bother trying a pose editor... It's like the difference between using Excel and Access...
I played around with the pose editor in Sexvilla 3D a couple years ago. And boy, what a hussle to get the simplest of pose done! Hats off to Loruna and everybody who is able to do this.

there is so much to do. You can build, you can DJ, you can hang out with friends, you can listen to music or go to a club.
And all this right now, with no update. An update would be nice, but is not neccessary to play the game.

Of course, you can play the hundrets of other sex MMOs. Oh, wait, there are none...

There's also (an in my eyes) a major point to consider... 

A big part of the decision on what to make and what not to make depends on what's actually in their limited ability to make. 

It's what it is. They neither have the know how or the talent needed to make all our suggestion come true. 

The game code is a mess, and they don't know how to fix it. 

The servers are not well equipped to handle malicious attacks

Modeling, posing and 3d art... They are relaying on members of the community, either some who donate or some who get paid. 

Are they doing their best? I don't know. Should they hire more talent? I think they should but I don't know what their funds situation is like

But truth of the matter is 3dx is a home made game that's maintained by one developer and his sidekick... And we have to dream according to that.