3DXChat Community

Fix buggy MERGE feature in world editor

TashaTight

I can't go into exact specific on how it leave copies mostly have some experiences on working with merge items that sometimes almost 100% surely gonna leave copies, one is if you have item MERGED then wanna copy it but do so along with 1 or 2 items which are not merged, it will typically make copies equally to number of items selected. Which would look something like 3 copies onto each other of merged item maybe 2 on second selected items and 1-2 on last.

Another thing I noticed is if you wanna merged more items into a set, like say you made a closet and wanna select some items to merged together with it, seems to me using SHIFT to select other items along with the MERGED one sometimes also create copies for me. To work around it I sometimes group items into two seperate groups select them both with SHIFT, UNMERGE and REMERGE then then check that no copies happened by moving them and undo the move after.

But my personal opinion is you really need to have these things tested as they're frustrating and we shouldn't have to rely on workarounds or 3rd party programs to remove excess copies from buggy design mechanics. So encourage you to have someone check these things out a little closer @Lisa and @Gizmo so it can be fixed, so it makes for a more enjoyable and less frustrating experience worked with MERGED items.

Anyways just my personal opinion but I am sure others who used the editor must feel same way or to a degree so.