3DXChat Community

World Editor help needed please

AliceOfDan

23 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

This "walk - through" door was made with the flat curtain object.

2021-03-27 09-45-35_25970.png

Screenshot 2021-03-27 094625.png

Ive been using this since its inception with no issues at all, though I do remember someone else saying they would get caught on something when trying to walk through a door they made. I didnt get a chance to inspect it to see what the actual issue may have been.

The only advice I can offer at this stage is to do what ive always done, and that is resize the curtain close to the doorway size, even though you can easily clip it a long way through the floor/walls. Its a habit and ive always done it that way.

• 10 months later...
On 3/25/2021 at 5:07 PM, AliceEmilyM said:

Can anyone please tell me how to make an object that I can pass through. I have seen doors and even floors that you can walk through and I have made something I would like to be able to walk through. Thanks in advance

Like Diana said curtains. Making them into flat board will make them look like doors with added textures, which you can pass through. However is important to mention that the curtain need to be tall and broad enough for it to work, keep in mind if you want stuff like door handle you need to make sure it's broad enough for that. I made a video tutorial about it, however at time thought curtain had to be facing certain direction, which turns out to not be true it just need to be tall and broad enough. Otherwise video is correct and can be used as guide to make one. Links below:

EDIT: Btw would heavily suggest you try going through the curtain door once you flattened it, in order to assure it's high and broad enough to pass through before advancing to building up door frame and possibly adding door handle decor.

Edited by TashaTight

2 hours ago, Jannick said:

Beaming points are maybe a new option to pass objects ... small distance beaming through a wall or door in both directions ;) 

🇫🇷 Ce n'est pas bête du tout comme idée. C'est même très intéressant.
Par contre dans un lieu plus petit qu'un club, comme le couloir d'une maison, il faudrait que le couloir soit assez large, par exemple, si les portes des pièces sont fermées... Autrement on ne pourrait pas faire un pas dans le couloir sans être téléporté derrière la mauvaise porte. Mais ça reste tout de même une bonne observation. Il juste ne pas passer trop près des murs en marchant, mais bien au milieu.
Personnellement, j'avais fait cette porte avec l'objet rideaux, il y a quelques mois.

🇺🇸 It's not a stupid idea at all. It's even very interesting.
However, in a place smaller than a club, like the hallway of a house, the hallway would have to be quite wide, for example, if the doors of the rooms are closed... Otherwise you could not take a step in the corridor without being teleported behind the wrong door. But it is still a good observation. Just don't walk too close to the walls, but in the middle.
Personally, I had made this door with the curtains object, a few months ago.

2021-08-09 03-21-32_90868.png

2021-08-09 03-21-50_90976.png

2021-08-09 03-22-06_91077.png

Edited by Khallum Troy