3DXChat Community

Frequent Crashes Build 430

SerenityWillow

Ok this is a really weird thing that is happening and it may take the wisdom of someone that knows how the Oculus Rift S works.

I had to reinstall everything in a new computer because my other had a catastrophic failure and lost all my data I owned.

So I had to freshly install windows and 3DXChat, my oculus , pretty much everything.

So to the issue I am having.

I installed 3DXChat and started to use it and I would log in and I would shut my oculus software off because if I try to run any oculus apps it won't let another start because it sees 3dxchat using it even tho it is not started through the oculus app and is not using it.

So to remedy this I restart the oculus app and it will work fine. When 3dxchat starts it loads up the oculus app so that it has access to the resources for VR support.

But when I turn the oculus app off it will crash 3dxchat. I have tested this theory and it happens very consistently, so I know it is the issue.

What could be causing this? Is there a way to make the 3dxchat client not start the oculus software? is there a setting somewhere I can change?

Is this an oculus issue or a 3dxchat issue, or possibly both. I have no way to troubleshoot this myself because it appears there is no 3dxchat log anywhere on my computer.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.