3DXChat Community

rainy weather

Lunarelf

3 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

and how much it would affect the performance. I'm thinking about the smoke effect, that kills the CPU and GPU.

actually it's not really cost much--- you don't have to make the rain "touchable", but just a loop animation or picture on the sky box will be way better.

13 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

actually it's not really cost much--- you don't have to make the rain "touchable", but just a loop animation or picture on the sky box will be way better.

But "real" snow or rain would be cool to have... Imagine a Blade Runneresque room with rain 🙂
At least make the skybox rotatable, @Gizmo, pretty please 🙂

And I would LOVE to have a dynamic sky. In the Game W*ld L*fe you can accelerate the time and see the sun move at the sky. 
Imagine sitting in a beach room in 3DXC and the sun begins to set and after a while the stars come out 🤩

56 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

But "real" snow or rain would be cool to have... Imagine a Blade Runneresque room with rain 🙂

And I would LOVE to have a dynamic sky. In the Game W*ld L*fe you can accelerate the time and see the sun move at the sky. 
Imagine sitting in a beach room in 3DXC and the sun begins to set and after a while the stars come out 🤩

Well its not easy to make it, it has a lot of work and i wonder if devs can make it and time

40 minutes ago, Diana Prince said:

actually what u say is pretty easy to do and best part the way i know to do it Do not cost any performance 

and its actually 20 seconds to be made :) da fk Alivia u saying now 20 seconds lol 😁 if u dont believe me ask me and ill demonstrate it :) 

So ill drop The hint on how this is made ......

readyyyy? hahaha 

texture cordinate Node with keyframed values 

example u have a skybox /HDRI made that has the morning and the night sky 

So u set keyframes on the tcordinate node in the rotation section on frame 1 and lets say on frame 1000 u set a keyframe again with  360 degrees rotation value 

the less frames the faster the skybox will rotate and vice verrsa )

Now since we are talking here about HDRIS u know it as skybox would be cool to have more of them 

HDRI heaven Gives hundrends of HDRI free also its very easy to make ur own skybox in a matter of few mins in case none of the free suits ur need 

3 hours ago, Diana Prince said:

All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain———— oh wait... we never have rain before 😂