3DXChat Community

This forum needs a cleanup.(Or some Moderators)

Derai

There’s a few troublesome threads around the forums that add nothing but drama, and keep dragging up sore topics. 

We really should have some mods to clean this shit up. 
But seeing as that ain’t happening, I figured I make a thread I can bump up to the top whenever the current top thread bugs me. 

Also, while I’m at it. What’s up with some people responding to threads Months or even Years after the last post?

Forum necromancy is bad ya know?

Some threads just need to be left dead. 
Just saying. 

2 hours ago, Derai said:

There’s a few troublesome threads around the forums that add nothing but drama, and keep dragging up sore topics. 

But seeing as that ain’t happening, I figured I make a thread I can bump up to the top whenever the current top thread bugs me. 

Also, while I’m at it. What’s up with some people responding to threads Months or even Years after the last post?

Just saying. 

Agreed.  Learned that trying to fight the good fight just leaves me tired and without results.  Learning to ignore is hard, but I keep trying!

Oh, and Dee on top works for me too.  Always.

Just saying. 

🙃

Edited by JackPine

33 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

What is a problem with old topics? I dont see a logic. Maybe I am wrong. Some of them are bad, some of them are good. Some of old topics are really helpful. Just delete topics that are illegal by a reason. 

I'm specifically talking about the Rape Room Again (and again) threads, those only upset people.
But people keep commenting in them, so they stay at the top of the list.
A Moderator should Lock them. So they're not gone, but when people can't post in them, they slowly go down the list.

In short, we NEED some moderation basically.

PS:  We even had folks commenting on threads that had been dormant for 2 YEARS, that's just... Ugh.
Locking threads would prevent that too.

8 minutes ago, Derai said:

I'm specifically talking about the Rape Room Again (and again) threads, those only upset people.
But people keep commenting in them, so they stay at the top of the list.
A Moderator should Lock them. So they're not gone, but when people can't post in them, they slowly go down the list.

In short, we NEED some moderation basically.

PS:  We even had folks commenting on threads that had been dormant for 2 YEARS, that's just... Ugh.
Locking threads would prevent that too.

Those topics are illegal. Should be deleted in my opinion. 

I subscribe to several forums for work and play, and usually dated and dormant threads are marked as dead.  You can still search them but new posts to them no longer are allowed.  Helps keep topics current.

I do wonder if any possible new members to the game turn away, if the first thing they read is about rape and the drama that always encircles it?  My hunch is it does, and it befuddles me that ownership doesn't appear interested in attempting to manage it.  Those are the people I want paying and playing with us!

I don't begrudge anyone's fantasies and what you do with other consenting adults, but the forum isn't just a place to float ideas and offer your own two cents, but also a window into our world from the outside.  Call it soft marketing.  It is truly how I found out about you all, and 3DX.  Glad I stumbled in when I did. 

Edited by JackPine
Grammar police

• Derai changed the title to This forum needs a cleanup.(Or some Moderators)
10 minutes ago, Neur said:

Has there ever been any kind of moderation here on the forums?

Not in the 3 years I've been here, no.
I have heard from players that had been here from the start, that there had been -some- Moderators but allegedly these people abused their powers to ban those they didn't like. (or something like that)
And the Devs removed them.

But as said, that's long ago, and only hearsay on my part.

5 hours ago, Derai said:

Not in the 3 years I've been here, no.
I have heard from players that had been here from the start, that there had been -some- Moderators but allegedly these people abused their powers to ban those they didn't like. (or something like that)
And the Devs removed them.

But as said, that's long ago, and only hearsay on my part.

Strange...

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/1/2021 at 10:48 AM, Neur said:

Has there ever been any kind of moderation here on the forums?

Yes. There used to be some moderators, however there were some extreme bias and favoritism issues. Look no farther than RobT surviving on here for several years without being permanently banned. That just made him an infinitely larger prick because he knew no matter what he could go cry to a moderator and remain here.

You don’t want anything like that becoming the norm on here again. I’m going to guess it’s the developers who moderate now. They are very close to neutral on members and subjects.

On 1/28/2021 at 12:07 AM, Derai said:

Just saying. 

Also what are these troubling threads? I’d like to go read those. 🤣

• 1 year later...

I am one of those that have been here since the beginning, and yes the mods not all but enough abused their power.  I for one dont want them back.  Besides if you overly moderate the forums which i have seen here and been victim of then only"RIGHT" kinds of opinions are heard or at least in some ones view.  If all are not allowed that privilege then its just a Soap Box to preach from.