3DXChat Community

Can you host a room with one character, but then switch to your alt character to join it?

Kliwp

I have one account with two characters. I'd like to host a room with one of my characters (who goes afk in that room for RP purposes).  Then I'd like to switch to my other character and join the room hosted by my afk character. Is that possible?

No, it is not possible to have both Avas active at the same time.

It is possible that you open the room with AvaA, have someone join that room and stay in, and log out with AvaA. The room will stay open as long a guest is in. Then you can switch to your alt and join that room.

Or you buy a 2nd account to host the room.

Yes and no if there are people in the room, you can join it with an alt. But if it's just you in the room it will close if you log onto your alt, but with some patch changes a while back. Then room will remain on list if it's opened to public while there is still people inside unless you choose to close it down, it will stay that way if you go onto some alt, what it won't do however is let you open another while from character you hosted it with, without closing room first but you can use a alt believe it can even invite to private room still on alt without it closing down as long as there is visitors there.

45 minutes ago, TashaTight said:

Yes and no if there are people in the room, you can join it with an alt. But if it's just you in the room it will close if you log onto your alt, but with some patch changes a while back. Then room will remain on list if it's opened to public while there is still people inside unless you choose to close it down, it will stay that way if you go onto some alt, what it won't do however is let you open another while from character you hosted it with, without closing room first but you can use a alt believe it can even invite to private room still on alt without it closing down as long as there is visitors there.

As Veronique said, it's not possible to open a room, put AviA afk in this room, switch to AviB, enter the same room, and have AviA still there.
This is what Kliwp wanted.

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

As Veronique said, it's not possible to open a room, put AviA afk in this room, switch to AviB, enter the same room, and have AviA still there.
This is what Kliwp wanted.

Then I probably misunderstood it thought question was if it be possible to enter room hosted in first Avi's name then come in with another character for RP purposes, but yah you can't have two character on same account in at same time in any room, unless it's at a bob or betty while you're alone in your private room.