3DXChat Community

Build 431

Angelqueen

4 hours ago, Angelqueen said:

It's very convenient isn't it? For half a year nothing to issue and say it takes a long time to develop a huge update ... so you have to get away with half a year of work. With a hint .... and they don’t even overdo it: you get something-nothing information every 2 months. Amazing work, good job, have a nice day! ;) 
Summ: @Gizmo@Lisa

It would make me happier if they'd even tell what are server maintenances for. Like, why does the server require so much maintenance? 

1 minute ago, Neur said:

It would make me happier if they'd even tell what are server maintenances for. Like, why does the server require so much maintenance? 

Could be Windows updates. The servers in our company and our customers are updated once a month. Or could be firmware updates, etc. It's good practice to keep your systems updated (after making tests on a test system of course).

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

Could be Windows updates. The servers in our company and our customers are updated once a month. Or could be firmware updates, etc. It's good practice to keep your systems updated (after making tests on a test system of course).

Yes, it could be anything server or os related. We can keep guessing but I'd still like to hear it from the devs. I'd like to know why is it more important to update the servers and not so important to provide content.

There is nothing wrong with regularly updating servers, pretty understandable why they are giving it so much attention considering problems with DDOSes 3dxchat has before. And no, they should not provide any information about what are maintenance for. Why making it easier for potential hacker giving them any information? 

Would be better if they would inform us why its taking so long to get the new update for the game itself ready though...

one thing is for sure that the maintenance allows the server to be more stable and have a better multiplayer connection experience. the big updates are perhaps now an addition on the current year and not small update per month

ps :I'm disappointed . it was really exciting to find updates per month

ps2 :we can also worry about the state of health of our developers because we all know that we are in a pandemic

Edited by pomme

2 hours ago, Neur said:

it sound like going into a restaurant and ask the cook chief "hey can you share your secret recipe with me ?" :D

The advantage of these maintenances is that it show devs are still alive, good new ! :)

Edited by Leeloo

17 hours ago, Xizi said:

There is nothing wrong with regularly updating servers, pretty understandable why they are giving it so much attention considering problems with DDOSes 3dxchat has before. And no, they should not provide any information about what are maintenance for. Why making it easier for potential hacker giving them any information? 

Would be better if they would inform us why its taking so long to get the new update for the game itself ready though...

I was thinking more like common information about maintenance if the jobs are related to security, performance or testing new features... I didn't mean detailed info about their DDOS protection...

On 5/1/2021 at 1:32 PM, Angelqueen said:

Woohoo... its so much fun! 😤😠🤬

If that is the new feature update, while not wanting to be overly negative here I am not sure who it's supposed to appeal to. If it's a chat exclusive thing, I mean if it could be put on surfaces or something maybe could been used for adult movie theater thing or something at least.

Edited by TashaTight

17 hours ago, TashaTight said:

If that is the new feature update, while not wanting to be overly negative here I am not sure who it's supposed to appeal to. If it's a chat exclusive thing, I mean if it could be put on surfaces or something maybe could been used for adult movie theater thing or something at least.

this will not be the new feature update for sure... but the annoying thing is they keep sending these kind of... unuseful updates? that's kinda upsets everyone but not cheer em up :(

I really get that w'all are kinda grumpy cuz for the lacking of updates and new stuff, but nonetheless, if I'd be one of the developers I also would thinking about couple of times before I'd talking to the community... even tho I know that this is kinda one of the issues at all.

I mean, lets being honest for a while... no matter what the devs would doing, there would always being someone who'd have a badmouth about the stuff and whatnot, that ain't really an inspiration... on the other hand, many peep's in here are grumpy and pissed, cause there's no proper communication from the devs.

Let's take a look to the FAQ, there isn't written something about promised Updates, whatsoever... we're all paying for the current service, that the Chat/Game is running and nothing more.

Please, don't get me wrong, I really get all the frustrations and stuff, but still, tons of contributions in here are hecking unnecessarily and by no means effective at all...

Eventually, w'all are kinda doomed to waiting for what's gonna happen next (or not).

Stay safe! ✌️