3DXChat Community

Oculus Link with Quest 2

phil spencer

Hi Guys,

I'm thinking about getting a VR headset and was looking at the Quest 2. I know that you can link this to the PC with a cable and its acts much as a Rift S. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this set up will work with 3dxChat?

Phil

Edited by phil spencer

• 9 months later...

I have oculus Quest 2

I can turn my head XYZ axes ok

I can walk OK

Problems:

Many click on menu have stranger effect or don't work

I think is easy for 3dxChat staff to fix that

I Can't move camera, only avatar head view

My first impression : it is wonderful

I hope they fix these problem  as soon as possible 

Anybody know how to fix this problem ? Patch .dll, setting etc.. ?

Can  I use some dll files from oculus VIve or rifts?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought the Oculus Quest 2 yesterday and when I first started using it in 3dxchat, I could type on my computer's physical keyboard to chat with people without a virtual keyboard popping up on the screen under the chat box.  For some unknown reason, at some point that changed and now every time I click in the "write a message..." box the virtual keyboard shows up when I am using 3dxchat with the VR (picture of it attached).  How do I get the virtual keyboard not to come up?  It blocks too much of the screen.  Note:  This is not the windows touch/virtual keyboard in Windows.  I have verified that.  When I am using 3dxchat without VR this virtual/popup keyboard does not show up.

Thanks in advance for help with this issue.

Virtual Keyboard.png

There is no way to change anything that has to do with VR.

We are stuck with what we have for now.

They are doing no development or most likely have no plans for future updates to the VR code in the game.

Here is what Gizmo said about the state of VR developement:

Hey @SerenityWillow
Thanks for your feedback. Back in 2013, we added VR support to the game. Then we had one of the first Oculus Rift DK1 (Dev Kit 1) helmets. Later around 2017, we updated VR support for the Oculus Rift CV1 helmet. At this point, Oculus no longer sells CV1 and a new model Oculus Rift S is available for PC.

We also constantly update the version of the game engine, change the game code and something may be broken. Thanks again for your feedback. When we decide to work on improving the VR component, we will take into account your comments.

So I wouldn't expect anything changing anytime soon.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:03 PM, Serenity said:

There is no way to change anything that has to do with VR.

We are stuck with what we have for now.

They are doing no development or most likely have no plans for future updates to the VR code in the game.

Here is what Gizmo said about the state of VR developement:

Hey @SerenityWillow
Thanks for your feedback. Back in 2013, we added VR support to the game. Then we had one of the first Oculus Rift DK1 (Dev Kit 1) helmets. Later around 2017, we updated VR support for the Oculus Rift CV1 helmet. At this point, Oculus no longer sells CV1 and a new model Oculus Rift S is available for PC.

We also constantly update the version of the game engine, change the game code and something may be broken. Thanks again for your feedback. When we decide to work on improving the VR component, we will take into account your comments.

So I wouldn't expect anything changing anytime soon.

Thanks for the information.  It is a shame they have not kept up with Oculus technology and worked to improve the VR over time.  Maybe if enough users speak up it will get the their attention.  

• 1 month later...

I've had my Oculus Quest 2 for almost a year now and I'm very interested in using VR in 3dXChat. partly for the sake of it, I went into it) it's a pity that controllers are not supported. and the keyboard is often blocked) because control from 1 key is often on the controller, very often it lags. then the interface will fly away, then the character does not stop, then the camera moves away from the body) but let's wait and hope) it would be great to use VR more strongly in this game) at least support for a pair of keys, or assignment of keys through joysticks. and camera recenter button)