3DXChat Community

The Tale of Bunny

Maelstrom

Disclaimer: The following is not meant to offend anyone in any way, is not reference to any person, real or fictional, and is purely intended as artful literature to be shared and commented upon. However, if you are offended by anything contained herein... at least it made an impression ^_^

Bunny curls up protectively around the Easter egg to get some sleep...

But the Easter egg does not really exist...

The Easter egg is really a cushion...

Bunny doesn't want a cushion, Bunny wants a real egg!

Bunny throws the cushion onto the ground...

The cushion-egg breaks and smashes on the floor in Bunny's mind...

Bunny is sad...

Bunny cries...

Bunny runs away into a field...

Bunny gets shot by the farmer...

~ BANG!

Bunny is bleeding...

Now Bunny is dead...

Bunny has a black-tie funeral, but nobody comes...

Don't cry more tears for bunny...

Bunny's gone to a better place...

Bye bye, Bunny...

Sniffles...

I'd be interested to hear people's reaction to this. Please leave your thoughts below or send me a PM.

Thank you for reading :)

Note: Edited for better readability. I'd been awake 36 hours when this spilled out of my brain.

Bunny didn't want to live in the real world so bunny died. Bunny only wanted the fantasy so bunny had no friends outside of the fantasy world. So no one came to poor bunny's funeral. Now bunny has moved to greener pastures filled with eggs.

Or maybe Bunny was going to the farm to look for eggs. Did the farmer throw the funeral? I wonder if the farmer wanted to have bunny stew. Ok, I will exit not. :)

um...so the moral of the story is don't use a fantasy...however comforting that illusion may be...as a substitute for reality and expect not to get hurt...

...and if you do...no one is gonna care when you get hurt...

?

Or...

If you're a bunny...look after your egg and stop dreaming of a better egg or the farmer will shoot you :P

Hey I dunno...harsh for poor bunny either way :(

Sounds to me like bunny should have taken the blue pill....

"You know, I know this steak doesn't exist."

Yet his mind is made to believe it's 'real', that it tastes juicy and delicious.

However, the hard reality is that none of it is real...

"Ignorance is bliss."

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everybody for your responses and thoughts pertaining to this :)

When it comes to the perception of art (in whatever form it may come), there's rarely a wrong interpretation. The ideas shared around this kind of medium can be (in a sense) looked at as a social experiment, where your comments actually tell me something about you, or at least your mindset at the time of reading. So, I appreciate this little glimpse into your personalities and social views, both online and off :P

For now, I must adieu...

Thanks everybody for your responses and thoughts pertaining to this :)

When it comes to the perception of art (in whatever form it may come), there's rarely a wrong interpretation. The ideas shared around this kind of medium can be (in a sense) looked at as a social experiment, where your comments actually tell me something about you, or at least your mindset at the time of reading. So, I appreciate this little glimpse into your personalities and social views, both online and off :P

For now, I must adieu...

Lol...now I feel like a little lab mouse...

...and there's no little cheese for me for participating...or have I just got an ear grafted to me... ;)