3DXChat Community

Is there anybody out there?

Coldheart

There is another problem with expanding a team. Those you add may not have the same vision as you do.

This was one of the problems that lead to the failure of Utherverses Curio/Oasis adult Unity project. 

At first, it seemed like a good idea I bet to hire fired staff from Linden Labs, but it didn't work out.  The coding was called 'Spaghettified' after 4 years of development by too many different people. This lead to the first failure named Curio. Which was an incredibly ambitious project.

After a point, it became apparent the coding was just too spagettified they stripped most of it out and resurrected it as Oasis. Then another team was hired and some worked from home on contract. I know that team was fired by the CEO because they weren't adhering to his vision. How do I know this? He told me directly. This has since been abandoned.  You can still go in for some reason even though you will rarely see anyone there. Many great ideas that where abandoned. 

Sadly, it doesn't seem as easy as we all expect it to be.

Edited by THX

18 hours ago, Tsela said:

That's all folks.

The only answer you will ever get around here.

And the only actual reply to your sugestions.

I was asking also quite a number of time, why the male avi has hundreds of items less in poses, clothings, and why female dances are applied to the male avi also just to call it a day, while it's not exactly the free to play option when selecting the gender. Guess how many replies did I get? Yeah you guessed it.

But "Hi!"

Well I guess they are atleast alive and well :)

Merry Christmas then.

Oh a pose and clothing editor would solve the huge lack of content on one side, with our help, but I guess the answer to that would be a "Hello!"

15 hours ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Yeah, and why do male dances are applied to the female avis? X) 

i have said it many times :) its called kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)  is it right to do it ? No ofc not cause u cant always kill those 2 birds and look ok ish 

2 hours ago, Aliviax said:

i have said it many times :) its called kill 2 birds with 1 stone :)  is it right to do it ? No ofc not cause u cant always kill those 2 birds and look ok ish 

Mhm, or to kill two rabbits by one bullet and so on. My words were a little sarcasm and an answer. Both in one. lol Id like to give up with discussions about devs because most of things I hear is a nonesense with zero arguments. Yes. 

Adding more developers at these stage does not seem practical to me unless it is as it appears currently and some players offer to do things occasionally for free. I'm not seeing anything that shows the player base has been or is expanding. If it is, it's not noticeable. That in mind, it would probably be safe to assume gizmo has a life beyond creating for 3dx for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I'm not seeing the incentive to expand at this point, maybe I am wrong in that.

I saw somewhere where I think it was Alivia who said that Lisa had stated that clothes were not getting added because it needs a script writer to add them. Having been around for a long time and seen how the devs say things and what is actually meant by what they say my opinion on that is she was more likely trying to say that is is not just creating clothes that needs to be done but they also need to be scripted into the game. And that Gizmo who does the scripting has to find the time to do that.

Now before you Alivia go saying it does not involve much scripting I know that, very little in fact. The problem is that it appears for what ever reason Gizmo either does not have the time to do the tasks or is lacking motivation to do so. It has been that way for a long time. 

The amount of work done by the devs shows they do not spend much time in adding to the game, very little. My opinion knowing a good deal on how long it takes to do at least certain things in Unity is we would be lucky if they spend one day a week on average.

When you have a business that is making good profits as your bank account grows you find yourself having to make choices on what to do with that money. You can just leave it which funny enough is not that easy to do, or you can find ways to make that money work for you. Some invest in the stock market and little else while others find new projects to invest in. I myself don't like the stock market, seems to risky to me so I started other projects mostly with friends. Although these partnerships I set up made it so those friends would do most of the work it still does take considerable time of my own to make it work. So my opinion considering the amount of profit they would be getting  is it is likely that Gimos time is spent mostly on other projects and his motivation to keep working on the game is low.

Now I am not trying to make excuses for the devs, my opinion there is they are letting anyone involved with the game down badly. They now need to get creative with the business side of it to allow it to keep growing and stop a lot of the complaints. For us with our business that did the same for us with profits we no longer need to give it much of our time. We now have a third partner who we had made our manager before. She now runs the business very well where we only need to apply a small amount of time to keep things running smoothly. We did that by offering her a third of the business where she did not have to find the money to buy into it. We came to an agreement on the value of the business and made it so her share of the profits go towards paying for that share. She is still paid the very good salary she was on and her share of the profits until the amount is reached are paying us for her third share. That has allowed us the time to venture into other projects and still have our main business running well. I think Gizmo and Lisa need to do something similar. Time is the key to building the game further and for what ever reason they do not seem to have the time, they need to find a way to have someone there that does. After all isn't taking some of the profits they are making from the game and putting it towards setting something up that can help it grow also an investment they can make. An investment in the project that made it all happen for them seems a good investment to me. I think that even just one person working diligently full time on the game with motivation would make a huge difference and the numbers would grow quickly where the devs would get a lot more return than they do now.

9 hours ago, Twiggy said:

I saw somewhere where I think it was Alivia who said that Lisa had stated that clothes were not getting added because it needs a script writer to add them. Having been around for a long time and seen how the devs say things and what is actually meant by what they say my opinion on that is she was more likely trying to say that is is not just creating clothes that needs to be done but they also need to be scripted into the game. And that Gizmo who does the scripting has to find the time to do that.

Now before you Alivia go saying it does not involve much scripting I know that, very little in fact. The problem is that it appears for what ever reason Gizmo either does not have the time to do the tasks or is lacking motivation to do so. It has been that way for a long time. 

The amount of work done by the devs shows they do not spend much time in adding to the game, very little. My opinion knowing a good deal on how long it takes to do at least certain things in Unity is we would be lucky if they spend one day a week on average.

When you have a business that is making good profits as your bank account grows you find yourself having to make choices on what to do with that money. You can just leave it which funny enough is not that easy to do, or you can find ways to make that money work for you. Some invest in the stock market and little else while others find new projects to invest in. I myself don't like the stock market, seems to risky to me so I started other projects mostly with friends. Although these partnerships I set up made it so those friends would do most of the work it still does take considerable time of my own to make it work. So my opinion considering the amount of profit they would be getting  is it is likely that Gimos time is spent mostly on other projects and his motivation to keep working on the game is low.

Now I am not trying to make excuses for the devs, my opinion there is they are letting anyone involved with the game down badly. They now need to get creative with the business side of it to allow it to keep growing and stop a lot of the complaints. For us with our business that did the same for us with profits we no longer need to give it much of our time. We now have a third partner who we had made our manager before. She now runs the business very well where we only need to apply a small amount of time to keep things running smoothly. We did that by offering her a third of the business where she did not have to find the money to buy into it. We came to an agreement on the value of the business and made it so her share of the profits go towards paying for that share. She is still paid the very good salary she was on and her share of the profits until the amount is reached are paying us for her third share. That has allowed us the time to venture into other projects and still have our main business running well. I think Gizmo and Lisa need to do something similar. Time is the key to building the game further and for what ever reason they do not seem to have the time, they need to find a way to have someone there that does. After all isn't taking some of the profits they are making from the game and putting it towards setting something up that can help it grow also an investment they can make. An investment in the project that made it all happen for them seems a good investment to me. I think that even just one person working diligently full time on the game with motivation would make a huge difference and the numbers would grow quickly where the devs would get a lot more return than they do now.

i agree with may you said here a small example whatever money i earn from 3dxchat from various different sources i invest them in other projects when that project start produce money i invest again in a new project ...but here is the catch ..personaly i work all the projects i dont autopilot ....

now about ur refference in me about scripting clothes .... gizmo or whoever does that scripting found time to script the dances to script new poses he never finds the time to script clothes tho ^^ why is that ? hahah simple they Do not have clothes .....and they dont tell us instead they gimmic us ...AKA 0 trasparency 

i personaly know that to bring clothes in game is no more than 10 mins ..yes recently i also started taking private lessons in home about unity not sure if i will continue and not hop in unreal cause i learned that C# is arround 50% slower than C++ and that makes huge difference in game titles that u wanna squeeze performance 

anyways my point is i know the process and learn more and more by the day i mean i could take off snip and go add clothes i made in 10 mins so i know when they fool us and when they not .. and its this reason it makes me kinda mad ..cause they tell us stuff that arent make sense ...

prolly those devs do another job or they inherited this game somehow from previous owners who knows what i know and what i can see is that the older clothes we have  vs the recent devs created (not the ones REM did cause they were awesome :) ) anyway they have hugeeee quality difference so others designed older clothes and others the new one actually devs didnt make many new clothes last 2-3 years prolly 2 if i remeber and they are bad ...so conclusion is its not about gizmo dont have time to script clothes its prolly they do not have they fo not design or know to make clothes ....dances are bought editor props are also bought instead sit and create them in matters of mins lol ...poses a god knows who made them with the exception of those we know made by players ....so Do they actually be able to create ? is it realy they dont have time cause i dont know they work in delivery service and when they have time come in this game ?......from what loruna said they didnt paid her what a animator should be paid so its again worrysome showing a mentality lol .....

If you Dont spend time in ur project at some point it will stop producing cash bottom line is they need to invest more time in the game they need to hire people so game start bloom again and grow ...im not here to attack devs whatever i only try to say with many different ways ....Start working for the love of god hahaha 

9 hours ago, BadWord said:

This "game" is prolly just some side project for someone. We like it and pay, but the people producing it prolly got other, real jobs, to foucus on. That´s life on the fringe of society.

Happy new year!

I have serious doubts about the “other real job” scenario, though at one point I’m sure that was true. But even now, people have lives outside of work, and perhaps other projects to work on too. 

It’s hard to picture someone glued to their computers 24/7 strictly focused on running this game, and with only one or two people running it and the current number of members, what you see is what you get.

12 hours ago, Coldheart said:

I have serious doubts about the “other real job” scenario, though at one point I’m sure that was true. But even now, people have lives outside of work, and perhaps other projects to work on too. 

It’s hard to picture someone glued to their computers 24/7 strictly focused on running this game, and with only one or two people running it and the current number of members, what you see is what you get.

I dont know if its really a side project, but gizmo said that this is their main. SGD has offline projects that have done and stoped long time ago. Maybe they plan a New one. I dont think that 2 devs can do things so fast as many People want. I Just hope that they will not stop agree with users content as it was long time ago. Happy New year Everyone.