3DXChat Community

Is there anybody out there?

Coldheart

awesome replay, Gizmo xD
but nonetheless, the criticism is justified, now and then an answer from the developers would be a nice thing... I dunno, something like "Yes", "no", "go fuck yourself!"... at least something that all the peeps know that you guys reading the whole stuff and that we shall keep continue to putting some suggestions, ideas, whatsoever. :')

I haven't been here long but the dev policy seems to be: announce and roll out updates when they feel like it, as fast as they feel like it.

The fact that there has been no expansion of the team to speed development means one (or all) of these things:

• The game isn't growing/profiting enough to justify expanding the team
  • The game is a secondary project and funds go primarily to more important projects
  • The team is comfortable with the current level of success and rate of development and that's as ambitious as it gets

Continuing down this path, one of two things happens:

• A similar game outpaces and replaces 3dx
  • More games pop up but 3dx maintains a player base for many years

Plenty of small MMOs go the way of the latter, making use of limited funds to maintain the game as a hobby for decades.

----

I think what players would love to see is more rapid development and with more focus and even transparency. If it were me, I'd create two memberships, with one allowing more passionate players to not only "throw money at the game" but also use earned points to crowd fund the next feature implemented. Simultaneously creates a system of both transparency and accountability.

• $5/m Basic membership (standard game access, 1,000 feature points per month)
  • $20/m Builders membership (minor additional features and room perks, 10,000 feature points per month + 750 for each consecutive month subscribed)

Fundraising might look like this:

• Difficult feature (room/dance BPM) needs 2,000,000 points ($3000) to begin work.
  • Easy feature (add condoms) needs only 250,000 points. ($375)
  • New sex/dance pose needs 500,000 ($750)
  • Super difficult feature (pose editor) could take 10,000,000 points ($15,000) 

So it would take 100 advanced members less than 2 months to meet 2 million. A list of fundraisers would be displayed on the site, and players could expect that the fully funded ones are being prioritized. Devs could even start something at 75% funded so it's finished sooner when they hit the goal.

But why should we pay more for stuff they should already be doing? Well, because they're clearly not motivated or have different priorities. Maybe the idea of more money or more success motivates these developers and maybe not.

As this thread suggests, there is virtually no player-developer relationship in place, and this is more of a bus ride than a taxi ride. If Gizmo never makes lengthy announcements about the direction of 3DX and his ambitions, it's safe to assume he's comfortable being a bus driver and he's gonna pick where he drives. We're just along for the ride and sometimes the bus driver says "Hi 🤠"

I think that's foolish and the game has a lot more potential, but if it works for the devs, it works for the devs.

Fundraising idea would only bring to a loss of customers in my opinion.

As i understand the way it's presented, there woud be peoples that would have access to stuff and others players won't. If in "richer" lands 20 more $ is alsmost nothing (if we can say this way), in some others 20$ is a lot.

There is no need to make the game have separate customers, "rich" ones on one side playing the full version of the game and the "poors" on the other side which play a cut version of the game.

Edited by Leeloo

or maybe they just need good team to create and implant things in the game. if you build good product listen to players need & often communicate with them. game will imrove & it willl attract more players. instead of fund raising. listen to players and give some more new contents. try to communicate with them instead of just posting a notice.

Out of everything I read I think the $5 (or $4.99) membership is the best of all. It allows you to play and check out the game but doesn’t give you access to all its features. I do think it should be a temporary and one-time option, however, that forces you at the end of the trial period to either pay full price or no longer play. It could bring a lot more people to the game.

The main concerns I could see being straining the servers and lowering the quality of play, as far as atmosphere, for already existing players. So I also think where these players are allowed to go and how much they can add to their profiles should also be limited, maybe even having an option for already existing full membership players to restrict access to their rooms by people with trial memberships.

One thing I forgot to mention if there was ever such a thing as trial membership is restricting the use of World Editor, I have a feeling not allowing trial members to clutter up the servers with created rooms would be needed too.

Edited by Coldheart
World editor comment

Lack of competition shouldn't automatically put a ceiling on a game's ambition. The more seriously you take your game, the more it will thrive, regardless of competition. There is probably a much bigger market for adult games but because they all feel cheap they're written off and don't command any respect or interest. It's one of those "if you build it, they will come" scenarios. (no pun intended)

The first steps toward taking this game to a higher level of professionalism would be to create a better monetization system (figure out what the hell XGold is supposed to do), and flesh out your existing systems to their fullest potential, like synchronizing dance speed with the room's music BPM.

The first day I started playing, I momentarily thought my dance was auto-syncing to the music and I thought "wow that's really impressive". I was mistaken, but that sort of thing could go a long way. A friend of mine also had the same reaction to XGold which was "what the hell is it for". Having a nearly useless empty currency immediately turns people off and exposes how amateur the game may be. There's nothing wrong with amateur, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't make an effort.

Adding a part-time designer to the team might help take it from Convenient Collection of Features to something resembling a focused game. But again, it depends on ambition. Is there a grand vision? Or is the end game really just fancy chat room?

9 hours ago, Xaufin said:

Lack of competition shouldn't automatically put a ceiling on a game's ambition. The more seriously you take your game, the more it will thrive, regardless of competition.

Absolutely correct! But because of lack of communication about a "roadmap" and lack of comunication in general, it's hard to feel much ambition by the devs.
It seems they are happy with the money they make now. But I suppose whenever a similiar program comes out with some more features and communicative devs, 3DXC might look like the Atacama desert.

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

Absolutely correct! But because of lack of communication about a "roadmap" and lack of comunication in general, it's hard to feel much ambition by the devs.
It seems they are happy with the money they make now. But I suppose whenever a similiar program comes out with some more features and communicative devs, 3DXC might look like the Atacama desert.

Your are right... The wsy devs behave communication wise n transparency slowly but steady create unsatisfactory climate to many players n I'll include my self.. 

When u slowly create fed up players they might stay cause nothing on the horizon but when something appears its bye bye forever cause of that fed up....lack of transparency communication n many more.. 

I mean if you leave for something else after years of fed up why come bk when there is something else.. No matter what new features u bring.. It will be too very late... 

Personally I scream n scream n point out various stuff... Silly devs never listen lol... Sometimes I might went to extremes lol but in my mind it was a kinda last resort hey listen hey now is the time hey wake up hey etc

BTW there is already competitors

Snip version that growing by the day

And my informations tell me about a second snip n ofc other 2 new competitors from what I'm seeing 

And let's not forget some projects are with very newer teck visual wise VS 3dxchat 8 years models n features wise... 

So 3dxchat needs to do big n bold steps if you ask me.. I hope they will... 

Do not ask me to tell you about other stuff cause I wont

Most times it is better to never show your cards, so when you fold nobody knows what you had in your hands. It is the same principle here. If you don't tell people what you are working on they can't become angry and resentful when you don't end up coming through with it or finishing it to completion. The fall out from something such as that happening more than once, including having to push back release dates for things that take longer than expected creates much more discontent than not letting anyone know what is going on. Could you imagine if the devs had promised all the World Editor we all use now on a daily basis, even made a projected release date, only to never finish it and scrap the entire idea? Everyone here would have gone insane and burned down the Sin Club with everyone still in it(wishful thinking.)

I disagree Coldheart. There are other devs, like the ones of Wild Life, that are VERY open and communicative. They are so active on Discord that you sometimes wonder how they have time to work on their product, lol. And because they are very open and transparent of what they are working on, what is working, what is not working, there is never any bad blood among the players. 

And look at this example from Microsoft with their Flight Simulator, this is how it should be done...

FS-10.8-bugs.jpg

FS-10.8-wishes.jpg

1 hour ago, Diana Prince said:

I disagree Coldheart. There are other devs, like the ones of Wild Life, that are VERY open and communicative. They are so active on Discord that you sometimes wonder how they have time to work on their product, lol. And because they are very open and transparent of what they are working on, what is working, what is not working, there is never any bad blood among the players. 

And look at this example from Microsoft with their Flight Simulator, this is how it should be done...

FS-10.8-bugs.jpg

FS-10.8-wishes.jpg

i wouldnt have said it any better heheh thanks for bringing that up 

most developers when fixing bugs etc they always release changelog ...not the case here 

trancparecy is the most crucial element between developers and players ..not the case here ...

wonder some why players here get edgy? after like 8 years of non trancparecy ?

they told us we dont get clothes cause they need a programmer to intergrade them AKA make a script  when we know that poses need also script props need a script dances need a script everything needs a script .....thats not trancparent ...thats fooling us instead tell us ...we dont have clothes please be patient or something lol 

Now If they were honest and transparent in their words things would be much better ...and climate between players and devs also much better ..

How u expect players to react when they get bs in the face instead get honest answers ...i guess not well and this is what happening here in general 

also Diana that project u mentioned make wayyyy less money than 3dxchat  and they have way more developers in their team lol 

On 12/10/2020 at 2:32 PM, Gizmo said:

Hi 🤠

That's all folks.

The only answer you will ever get around here.

And the only actual reply to your sugestions.

I was asking also quite a number of time, why the male avi has hundreds of items less in poses, clothings, and why female dances are applied to the male avi also just to call it a day, while it's not exactly the free to play option when selecting the gender. Guess how many replies did I get? Yeah you guessed it.

But "Hi!"

Well I guess they are atleast alive and well :)

Merry Christmas then.

Oh a pose and clothing editor would solve the huge lack of content on one side, with our help, but I guess the answer to that would be a "Hello!"

Edited by Tsela

On 12/18/2020 at 1:33 PM, Coldheart said:

Most times it is better to never show your cards, so when you fold nobody knows what you had in your hands. It is the same principle here. If you don't tell people what you are working on they can't become angry and resentful when you don't end up coming through with it or finishing it to completion. The fall out from something such as that happening more than once, including having to push back release dates for things that take longer than expected creates much more discontent than not letting anyone know what is going on. Could you imagine if the devs had promised all the World Editor we all use now on a daily basis, even made a projected release date, only to never finish it and scrap the entire idea? Everyone here would have gone insane and burned down the Sin Club with everyone still in it(wishful thinking.)

Exactly. If they don't communicate it's because they don't want to be held accountable, which does indicate low ambition. And technically that's fine. The game clearly offers enough to maintain the success it has. No reason for anyone on forums to expect anything more at this point.