3DXChat Community

Question about massive (spam) invites

Shanti

Question for devs...

I just wanted to know if you are planning an option to choose to block the home invites ? (invite for all at 750 xgolds)

tjGOpgA.png

It is extremely annoying... we can decide to just click it off but they just pile up on the screen, and when 10 people decide to spam invite on same night, each about twice/minute, all evening...

I end up like this....

GJioBQP.png

Please give us an option to block the massive invites.

Thank you

Ps : I know this has been talked about several times over and over again :P

I entirely agree with that.

This is extremely troublesome when have is with someone and particular individuals abusing the invitation.

Up the price can be a solution.

250xgold to for each person who comes into the room.

Or up the price of the invitation has 2000xgolds to incite people to stop spam

the thing is if they cant invite using gold, or it becomes more expensive , they will spam the chat channels , this already happens a little bit so imagine everyone doing it, personally I just let them build up and turn them of every so often... no big deal

never used it myself.

Just Sayin

Couldn't agree more Shanti, this is the most annoying issue in the game at all!

This option should be disabled.

I mean which normal person with some brain and heart would consider to invite persons he/she doesnt even know at all and terrorsize them.

And in most cases youre at home with your partner to spend a nice time and then it is just unbearable.

Another part of the issue here is that you get rewarded for logging in, so 3 days and you're able to mass invite, coupled with the recent 3k giveaway. I've never bought gold and I've got over 20K right now and I'm on cheap with gifting friends either, so it's terribly easy to spam if all you do is login to get your daily bonus. Not gonna lie, sometimes I hop on just to keep the streak running, because years of playing MMOs and doing dailies have it ingrained in me that I can take that time out just to grab it.

So you're giving users a free way to annoy other users.

What's worse is some people actually buy xgold... You're letting your playerbase pay you a subscription fee to play your game, and giving the ability to pay you more money on top of the subscription so they can annoy the rest of your paying customers.

I will hold my hands up to being one of the people having sent out invites tonight, 5 in just over a 2 hour period, which although might not be as bad as some, was admittedly far too many and upon request to cease and desist, I apologized to those who were annoyed in World chat. I wish to extend that apology here as well, because I've been on the recieving end of the invite barrage, and quite frankly don't know what I was thinking :mellow:

That is the last time the community will have to deal with it from me, as although I intend to continue throwing parties (the atmosphere tonight was fantastic, and thank you once again to all those who attended), I won't be spending my XGold on pissing off my fellow players. It kind of defeats the objective when one purpose of my hosted social gatherings is to encourage a friendly nature between the many people I know, who maybe don't know eachother all that well :)

Lesson learned. Sorry for disrupting people's evenings.

+999 for Shanti!!!

Best idea for chat window.

I would on the contrary have reduced the cost of the invite, if it will be available only in the special submenu.

but I would have added new opportunities to this option. for example, the ability to invite to parties in advance or write about other events in the game (Bulletin Board). the player will read the Bulletin and remove it, or leave to use when the time comes. unclaimed prompt will disappear.

and I would suggest in addition to the name of the inviter to give the minimum information to explain why you can want to go somewhere. for example, we now have only the phrase "player x invites". offer to write the formula (1) player x invites you (2) in such that time (or now) (3) to visit such a place (a room or location) (4) with such a purpose (e.g naked dance in the club). the text block author will fill as desired.

While I do agree that invites are annoying and I was bitching about them as much as I could the day they introduced them, (also there was very same topic back then )

It's kinda bad situation.

There are about 3 to 5 people who spam invites constantly which means they spent large amount of real world $$ on it. The argument could be made that's the reason why they didnt block it or don't want to block it.

I have no other argument why they didn't block it already.

oh

btw. Fuck Invites.

I still idk... they are useless but seems like people use them so ...

f you do disable invites, it is better to make the "DO NOT DISTURB" (DND) mode:
- No receive request "hugs / kisses / slow dance" from others
- No receive request "Partner"
- No receive request "personal invite"
- No receive request "public invite"
- No receive request "private / group chat"

- No receive request "friend"
This mode does not apply to "friends list"
In this mode (DND), the user can do everything mentioned above.
DND button / indicator is always visible (red / green LED)

I thought 1 minute

Guest account for 1 week. $ 5. Gold Account (all included free) - $30/1 month
To be rich :)

To spend gold - Additional VIP apartments (day-night, Sharing with the selected user/s) / vodka / buy beer- vodka to the user / buy beer, vodka to all  in location/ new gifts ... ect :)

I will hold my hands up to being one of the people having sent out invites tonight, 5 in just over a 2 hour period, which although might not be as bad as some, was admittedly far too many and upon request to cease and desist, I apologized to those who were annoyed in World chat. I wish to extend that apology here as well, because I've been on the recieving end of the invite barrage, and quite frankly don't know what I was thinking :mellow:

That is the last time the community will have to deal with it from me, as although I intend to continue throwing parties (the atmosphere tonight was fantastic, and thank you once again to all those who attended), I won't be spending my XGold on pissing off my fellow players. It kind of defeats the objective when one purpose of my hosted social gatherings is to encourage a friendly nature between the many people I know, who maybe don't know eachother all that well :)

Lesson learned. Sorry for disrupting people's evenings.

People were just jealous because your room was top ranked this night with over 30+ people.

Most invites I got was from the other rooms that were up. I think 5 Invites in 2 hours is reasonable... but thoose others spamming invites every 5 minutes or so... No go.

Some great ideas.  I am all for having the option to ignore them by not seeing them through the interface which doesn't impede those who want to spend their gold, but it give me a choice.

I also like the idea of blocking invites as well.