3DXChat Community

Connection Issues After EVERY....SINGLE....UPDATE.

MaraWinterdyde

OK. I know I'm not the ONLY one dealing with this issue. But I have only been a member since October 9th, 2020, so at the time of this post, almost 2 months. I have been through now 2 major updates where you added new items and several "working on the server" updates to "improve" the server. 

Each bloody time, for DAYS after, I have major connection issue. I'm good for about 10-15 min and then BOOM red box shows up CONNECTION LOST. It's really beginning to (for lack of a better term) p*** me off. 

You guys need to get it together and fix this THE SECOND you release the update. Not a week later, which is usually when we get the first notification telling us that you're going to work on the server, not 5 days later, and not even 1 day later. But THE SECOND YOU RELEASE IT. Test the server on your end by logging in and playing for a few hours before you release it to everyone one else.

Some of us are performers, either in a dance crew...or live DJ's and when we disconnect it ruins the show for a lot of people, makes us look stupid and tarnishes our name. You might not think this it's a big deal, but so many people like myself, think it is. 

There are other 3d social platforms that are FREE that don't even have this many issues. We actually PAY for this service. We shouldn't be dealing with the amount of interruptions that we do. 

So please....for the love of everything good and holy....FIX THIS!

Edited by MaraWinterhyde
spelling mistake

To rule out the obvious: Do you experience the connection issues on both US and EU entry points?

A few months back, I had the same problem as you. But since patch 423 (released mid september) I've maybe experience 1 or 2 disconnects. Reading you still experience these connection issues, IT COULD be the case that it's on your end. Because a problem what is still current, is that 3DXChat needs a very stable internet connection, and it not able to "buffer". When you lose a few packets, the client will disconnect you.

Things you can try:

You are not the only one. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled and it is stuck on unzipping and I cannot access the game. I have even left it unzipping over night and still no change. I sent a message to technical support through the forum.

16 minutes ago, Rebekkah said:

You are not the only one. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled and it is stuck on unzipping and I cannot access the game. I have even left it unzipping over night and still no change. I sent a message to technical support through the forum.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, ColinDude said:

To rule out the obvious: Do you experience the connection issues on both US and EU entry points?

A few months back, I had the same problem as you. But since patch 423 (released mid september) I've maybe experience 1 or 2 disconnects. Reading you still experience these connection issues, IT COULD be the case that it's on your end. Because a problem what is still current, is that 3DXChat needs a very stable internet connection, and it not able to "buffer". When you lose a few packets, the client will disconnect you.

Things you can try:

I am not able to test anything via ethernet. I live in a basement apt and the wifi is included in the rent. So I don't have the option to connect hard wired. It seems to be ok now. I still get a lot of disconnect issue but not nearly as bad as the first 2 weeks after the update. And I would get them on BOTH servers. It was BRUTAL. I know a lot of people like the above person were stuck on unzipping as well. Idk why but I didn't have that issue. 

I have NO CLUE how to use VPN's. As long as I don't need access to the router for that, I have no issues trying that. If i need to access the settings in the router, I can't because it's not mine, it's my landlords. 

I pray to get that with the next update I don't have this same issue. they need to heed their PAYING customers advice and make sure that it runs smoothly for EVERYONE WORLDWIDE as opposed to just temporarily. 

9 hours ago, MaraWinterhyde said:

I am not able to test anything via ethernet. I live in a basement apt and the wifi is included in the rent. So I don't have the option to connect hard wired. It seems to be ok now. I still get a lot of disconnect issue but not nearly as bad as the first 2 weeks after the update. And I would get them on BOTH servers. It was BRUTAL. I know a lot of people like the above person were stuck on unzipping as well. Idk why but I didn't have that issue. 

I have NO CLUE how to use VPN's. As long as I don't need access to the router for that, I have no issues trying that. If i need to access the settings in the router, I can't because it's not mine, it's my landlords. 

I pray to get that with the next update I don't have this same issue. they need to heed their PAYING customers advice and make sure that it runs smoothly for EVERYONE WORLDWIDE as opposed to just temporarily. 

I'm sorry to say, but there is no need to look any further before you have a stable, WIRED connection. WiFi is not always stable, and if there is also a repeater in between... forget it!

On 1/8/2021 at 4:07 AM, Diana Prince said:

I'm sorry to say, but there is no need to look any further before you have a stable, WIRED connection. WiFi is not always stable, and if there is also a repeater in between... forget it!

I came here to mention that I received a response FINALLY back from 3dx support about it and I am going to try their suggestions. 

You can't sit there and tell me it's because I don't have a stable wifi connection because 

a) NOTHING else has issues connecting. ONLY 3dx. Not my phone to the wifi. My Google Chrome or any other things on my laptop. My printer. My 2 consoles. Like NOTHING. Not even the other 3d social platform that I use which will remain unnamed because God forbid, some dillhole reports me for mentioning it and having me banned again. >.> 

b) This only happens on a CONSTANT basis RIGHT after an a major update but then about 1-2 weeks after the update it still disconnects but not as much

c) I have talked to TONS of people IN 3dx that have hardwired connections that disconnect ALL the time JUST like I do.

d) No. I don't have a repeater. lol 

On 12/6/2020 at 2:45 PM, ColinDude said:

Things you can try:

I came here to mention that I received a response FINALLY back from 3dx support about it and I am going to try their suggestions. 

You can't sit there and tell me it's because I don't have a stable wifi connection because 

a) NOTHING else has issues connecting. ONLY 3dx. Not my phone to the wifi. My Google Chrome or any other things on my laptop. My printer. My 2 consoles. Like NOTHING. Not even the other 3d social platform that I use which will remain unnamed because God forbid, some dillhole reports me for mentioning it and having me banned again. >.> 

b) This only happens on a CONSTANT basis RIGHT after an a major update but then about 1-2 weeks after the update it still disconnects but not as much

c) I have talked to TONS of people IN 3dx that have hardwired connections that disconnect ALL the time JUST like I do.

Ok. So that was for another person but I thought I would just copy and paste instead of writing it all out again. I do the self test all the time and it's perfect every time. So frustrating. I know nothing about VPN's and if it requires me to access the router, I can't because I live in a basement apt and the internet is my landlord who lives upstairs. The Wifi is included in the rent. I don't even know what using a VPN would or how to use one...funny...because I'm usually pretty computer savvy. Don't know why I haven't looked into this because people talk about them a lot. And that also answers your other question, no I can't test it with an ethernet cable because the router is upstairs and it's not mine...it's, again, my landlords. This just sucks because it's very frustrating when I'm in the middle of a DJing gig or building and BAM lost connection. >.>

On 12/12/2020 at 2:54 PM, Rebekkah said:

Apparently with the last update a LOT of people had this issue. Thank God I didn't but I'm sorry you did. We PAY for thie service, this crap shouldn't be happening. Not to this extent at least. 

9 minutes ago, MaraWinterhyde said:

There are programs that don't require a stable connection. If you surf on your phone or PC, you won't notice a lost network package. If you watch YouTube, the most you will get is some buffering or reduction of quality.
But unfortunately there are programs that literally quit working when just ONE package is missing due to connection issues. I know some professional software from work that behave like this, not just 3DXC. 

So the base is to have an as stable connection as possible. And I can imagine the "lenght" of the connection to the 3DXC servers comes into play.

• 3 months later...

OK, since this topic came up....

When I logged on after 431 installed, I was the only one in the room I was in. I could see my friends list all lit up, so I could see other people were online. If I tried to switch rooms, it would start spinning and not stop. The Private Room list was not populated. This persisted for 5-6 game restarts, then after waiting a few minutes on the last one where I texted some of the folks online to see if the PM system worked, and suddenly everything populated and started working. I'm not sure if it was me waiting longer, or the PM traffic, or neither.

Edited by DireTeddyBear
clarfication