3DXChat Community

Freezing after inactivity

curiousret

All runs fine as long as I am active in the 3d window.  I am not sure how long it must be inactive before I get no response, the first I noticed was overnight, then this morning I noticed after an hour or so as a test.  I have no issues on my laptop.

The symptom is that while I can mover the cursor around in the Window I cannot access anything nor type in the chat window.  

Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?

My Desktop is Windows 10, with an Nvidia GTX 745, i run windowed.  Sleep is set to NEVER in Power Plan.

Thanks for any help and advice.

Can you ALT + TAB to other Windows programs? Or use WIN + D to get back to the desktop.
Is it just 3DXC that is unresponding? Do other programs run?
What does task manager say? What does the Windows event viewer say? Any error messages?
What are the settings for the hard disk in the power plan?

After a bunch of trial an error, I still am not sure of root cause, but suspect some resource conflict that does not show in the event logs.  I have found the 3d is fine when other apps are not running, have not been able to pinpoint exactly which, or what combination.

Once it is running OK, I can start and run other apps, shut down and restart 3d and all is good.

If I try to start 3d after I have other apps up and going, it very consistently locks up.

As I have an easy workaround, doubtful I will beat this to death anymore, I am just too lazy.

Thought I would pass along my findings.

Hey! lol. I actually had this same issue before on both my gaming desktop and laptop. apparently 3dx does not like intel speedstep for some reason. so I had to go into my bios and turn it off, cause all it does is dynamically adjusts processor voltage and core frequency on the fly to reduce heat and power consumption. which in terms will cause throttling and reduced performance, etc. if the pc is properly cooled then you can disable it without issue. Its helped me and 3dx is the only game that I have to turn speedstep off, other games works with no issue.