3DXChat Community

New Default Rooms

Lexxxxi

On 11/25/2020 at 8:42 PM, THX said:

I would love to see some hard coded default scenes.  A few apartments - not large, but apartment scale to the avi.

bd89f1a164d6f2c77011c49dc5280e29.jpg

[wcE0sDR.pngimg]https://i.imgur.com/wcE0sDR.png[/img]

pTxkFXs.jpg

Then some hard coded environments with weather and adjustable gravity to build in.  Like a desert scene....

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fqt-ent.com%2FQTE%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FDT-4.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Winter

nr_00909_Untitled.jpg

With snow covered trees

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Fo_dwP0b4RM/VQls-mFG5_I/AAAAAAAAAO4/m04NW_-cV9U/s1600/tree_test.jpg[/img]

and fall spring and summer...... etc.

these pics are giving me new ideas! maybe I can try to make some of those

On 11/28/2020 at 1:08 AM, Lunarelf said:

these pics are giving me new ideas! maybe I can try to make some of those

If your talking about making some hard coded places, I wonder if the Devs would accept them. 

Would be nice if one of them responded either way so those who have the skills would know one way or another.

It would be great to have a mix of premade places along with what we have now.

Edited by THX

I agree the default rooms could use an overhaul. I'd also LOVE the ability to have a few custom rooms saved to use. The current process seems overly complex each time you want to swap in a new custom room.

5 hours ago, THX said:

If your talking about making some hard coded places, I wonder if the Devs would accept them. 

Would be nice if one of them responded either way so those who have the skills would know one way or another.

It would be great to have a mix of premade places along with what we have now.

Actually I'm not good at codes, so I'm just trying my best to make the room like the picture shown... maybe it will be a second option for players who doesn't like a island house(but fortunately we need the room backgrounds in previous version or it will look super weird lol)

On 11/24/2020 at 8:29 AM, Diana Prince said:

The distances are the real problem. We need some "jump points" that beam us to different spots in the room. This could also be used for elevators.
Or my dream would be moving objects, like a monorail where you can hop on and off.

In WE you can Shift-Left click to jump around room, maybe something like that since the functionality is basically already in the game.

8 hours ago, Lunarelf said:

Actually I'm not good at codes, so I'm just trying my best to make the room like the picture shown... maybe it will be a second option for players who doesn't like a island house(but fortunately we need the room backgrounds in previous version or it will look super weird lol)

Yeah, I mean building a scene like the 3DX properties. Just all one "thing." Maybe a dozen different choices. Hell, I'm cough up some Xgold on one I liked.

I don't have that skill, but there are those who do. That Cyberpunk is from a competator that is defunct, but is just a grey shell that can be changed into something more vibrant.

On 11/30/2020 at 3:14 AM, Lunarelf said:

island house is no better than slum house. 3dx can do better than this. even proving houses in complex room with other users would be great so friends come house easily instead of invite all the time.

1 hour ago, Lexxxxi said:

island house is no better than slum house. 3dx can do better than this. even proving houses in complex room with other users would be great so friends come house easily instead of invite all the time.

I cant bring myself to call it a house.  Its just a small box with a bed and lounge.   I deleted it the day World Builder was released. :D