3DXChat Community

In-Game Communication

Erythrea

Some people seem to just watch their friends list and hit PM the very moment a friend goes online, or just go through their friend list messaging "Come to my home!" not even considering to leave their own location.
To avoid spamming by personal messages and maybe even as a benefit of making social rooms more viable, just two or four little changes/additions to the current communication system in 3DX could help.

Divide the talking/whispering to a person in a room from messaging across different locations.

1 PM via clicking on avatar just like it is now is "talk" or "whisper".

2 Contacting someone via private message by friends list in profile is handled like using a cell phone.
If you switch off your 3DX cell phone, you can only receive PM of avatars in the same location via "talk".
I.e. the message button in the profile becomes the "3DX cell phone".

3 (optional) Set up an 3DX-(snail)Mail function as a separate button in the the profile:
You can only send 3DX-mail to friends via the profile.
You can read and write 3DX-(snail)mail only, if your avatar is in the dressing room or your own location. (This should minimize in-game spam.)

4 (optional) Add a "3DXLocation" field in the profile, which automatically informs about your current location.
Include the option to share your location with "Private/Secret", "Friends only" or "Public".

2* If the developers want to do the icing on the cake, you have to be in a smartphone pose, "Idle 6" e.g., or in the dressing room to use the 3DX-cell phone .

16 hours ago, Leeloo said:

Personally i don't see any interrest in the three first points, but the fourth would be a good add

These incoming calls from other locations are a major detraction to me.
That is because, I want to at least answer in short to messages I receive from people on my friends list. This puts me often in lose-lose situations.
Colds from strangers, which upset so many people, for instance do not bother me at all, because I just let them run out and if I am in the mood I hit ignore very generously 😜.

Just an example: Imagine you are in a scene with someone, you have a good thing going and want to concentrate on your partner/s.

PM incoming from  Friend1: "Hi, I just logged in. Wanna hang out?"
Me: "Sorry, I am busy. Maybe later!"
In an ideal world the conversation stops here, but often it continues.
F1: "What are you doing?" "I want to show you..." "How Long will it take?"
I try to answer shortly and put a stop to the conversation as nicely as possible.

But I am already getting a little angry at myself for diverting my focus from my current partners.

And then Friend2 calls in, and then simultaneously Friend3 and I may get a little irritated and decide to stop to talk to Friend 2 and 3 not finishing the conversation. Which I regret of course, because I do not want to be rude to them, but also not to my current partner.
Now if Friend4 calls, I may already be quite charged, even so he has not done anything wrong. But I decide not to answer, and hate myself for it later.

If I could just switch off my "3DX cell phone" sometimes, my life would be so much easier 😁

Maybe just add different statuses, like in messengers? 

Green online that would work the same way game working now.

Orange busy/afk that would work the same way but would indicate in friendlist that you may be afk/unavailable. 

Red do not disturb that blocks any ability to message to you if person is not in the same room with you. 

Though I am not against the idea of cellphone as well, just please without this: 

23 hours ago, Erythrea said:

3 (optional) Set up an 3DX-(snail)Mail function as a separate button in the the profile:
You can only send 3DX-mail to friends via the profile.
You can read and write 3DX-(snail)mail only, if your avatar is in the dressing room or your own location. (This should minimize in-game spam.)

2* If the developers want to do the icing on the cake, you have to be in a smartphone pose, "Idle 6" e.g., or in the dressing room to use the 3DX-cell phone .

Yes, maybe it would be immersive and good for RP but it would make things too complicated and would worsen the in-game experience for many people. 

1 hour ago, Erythrea said:

Just an example: Imagine you are in a scene with someone, you have a good thing going and want to concentrate on your partner/s.

PM incoming from  Friend1: "Hi, I just logged in. Wanna hang out?"
Me: "Sorry, I am busy. Maybe later!"
In an ideal world the conversation stops here, but often it continues.
F1: "What are you doing?" "I want to show you..." "How Long will it take?"
I try to answer shortly and put a stop to the conversation as nicely as possible.

But I am already getting a little angry at myself for diverting my focus from my current partners.

And then Friend2 calls in, and then simultaneously Friend3 and I may get a little irritated and decide to stop to talk to Friend 2 and 3 not finishing the conversation. Which I regret of course, because I do not want to be rude to them, but also not to my current partner.
Now if Friend4 calls, I may already be quite charged, even so he has not done anything wrong. But I decide not to answer, and hate myself for it later.

If I could just switch off my "3DX cell phone" sometimes, my life would be so much easier 😁

I made my own fix for this situation. When i am "busy" with someone, i have a specific pic in my galery that i put as my profile picture so my friends know it's not the good time to pm me and wait an anwser :D

So they are not surprised if i don't anwser immediately. As for the pms that would come from total strangers, i just don't anwser them when i'm having sex :)

Edited by Leeloo

7 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

I made my own fix for this situation. When i am "busy" with someone, i have a specific pic in my galery that i put as my profile picture so my friends know it's not the good time to pm me and wait an anwser :D

So they are not surprised if i don't anwser immediately. As for the pms that would come from total strangers, i just don't anwser them when i'm having sex :)

I have a photo telling "AFK or busy", but it does not get noticed too often in my experience.
Got a few "Why aren't you replying" complaints, even though I had it up. 😕

12 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

As for the pms that would come from total strangers, i just don't anwser them when i'm having sex :)

PM from strangers I handle exactly like you, without any regrets. (They are at least in the same location and should be able to discern what I am doing.)

12 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

2 minutes ago, Erythrea said:

I have a photo telling "AFK or busy", but it does not get noticed too often in my experience.
Got a few "Why aren't you replying" complaints, even though I had it up. 😕

Because people can write without opening profile first, just rightclicking on the name in friendlist. 

35 minutes ago, Xizi said:

Maybe just add different statuses, like in messengers? 

Green online that would work the same way game working now.

Orange busy/afk that would work the same way but would indicate in friendlist that you may be afk/unavailable. 

Red do not disturb that blocks any ability to message to you if person is not in the same room with you.

THIS!

5 minutes ago, Erythrea said:

PM from strangers I handle exactly like you, without any regrets. (They are at least in the same location and should be able to discern what I am doing.)

Not totally true.

If a total stranger watch the gifts of someone and see one of yours, he/she can access your profile and so pm you without being in the same room than you :)

Edited by Leeloo