3DXChat Community

Response is Null

HazyRays

Hiya,

I was in a room with friends last night when the music cut out.  I re-entered the room, the music came back, I could see everyone in the room but the room itself would not load, everyone was just suspended in mid-air over water and after a minute or two I got a 'Response is null' error message and I wonder if anyone else has had this and knows a) what causes it or b) if it can be fixed/resolved.

I wandered through some other rooms which all loaded fine, I went back to this room and it wouldn't load and I got the same error message.

This is a new computer, wayyy better than my old one which never had this problem.

I've emailed support but thought while I wait for a reply maybe someone has come across this and knows what it means.

Thanks in advance for any answers  xx

2020-11-17 20-20-23_11524.png

I got what I think was a standard reply from Support telling me to use a VPN which would solve my connection problem.

It's not a connection problem though as my old computer - which is still set up as I need to transfer stuff across to the new one - could load the room.

Curiouser and curiouser.

47 minutes ago, HazyRays said:

It's not a connection problem though as my old computer - which is still set up as I need to transfer stuff across to the new one - could load the room.

"Response is null" = connection problem. Old computer doesn't matter here due to different specification and that include network card and drivers.

For beginning just simply try to switch between EU and US entry gates to the server and see if there will be any difference for you. If switching to US or opposite will help then just use that one to connect. There is no any real difference between US and EU entry gate other than small difference in latency as 3DX has only one physical server anyway located in Europe.

If that won't help then try any free VPN service to check if that will make a difference. If so then it definitely is connection problem on your network.

12 minutes ago, StellaXOXO said:

"Response is null" = connection problem. Old computer doesn't matter here due to different specification and that include network card and drivers.

For beginning just simply try to switch between EU and US entry gates to the server and see if there will be any difference for you. If switching to US or opposite will help then just use that one to connect. There is no any real difference between US and EU entry gate other than small difference in latency as 3DX has only one physical server anyway located in Europe.

If that won't help then try any free VPN service to check if that will make a difference. If so then it definitely is connection problem on your network.

Thank you, I will try that   xx