3DXChat Community

room ratings? comments? at least stars?

Lunarelf

3 minutes ago, Angelqueen said:

I would have a relatively fair solution to the issue.
Higher rated rooms are cheaper to place in the TOP with gold.
For example:
- 100 gold less / star, and in a 5-star system, rooms without ratings have 0 stars ... it would cost 500 gold to place them in the TOP.

It seems not solving the basic problem: the number of players in the room are not change

actually it's sad to say but now TOP is kinda useless---you pay 300xgolds to let the room on top for 1 min, after that, no one enters. or just several people enter and afk. ifthere's some way to let the TOP be longer like 10m or even 30m, it will work a lot better.

51 minutes ago, Lunarelf said:

if you add all the cold rooms(let's say all the bad quality one so it's more fair)'s player number together

No, let's not say "all the bad quality one".

You said "most users don't even know how to use construction tools, so they just stay in the cold room".

Let's not twist the facts.

Cold rooms is objective factor. 

"Bad quality" rooms is subjective.

I was talking with you about cold rooms and all my post was targeted on cold rooms and colders, I don't understand why do you try arguing with me by completely twisting the subject. 

1 hour ago, Lunarelf said:

and for the problem of "comfort", I have to say--- every room builder who even have some brain, and not deliberately making a strict non-sex room, there is usually some places for player to enjoy some romantic time with their mates.

I was not talking about this kind of comfort. The need in this kind of comfort is obvious. I was talking about comfort that cold rooms provide to whole community. 

Cold rooms provide comfort for colders because they can hang out with their own kind. Cold rooms provide comfort for other players, because we interact with colders less because of these rooms so have to deal with less amount of cold invites. Cold rooms are good for the game, no matter what your opinion about them is. 

52 minutes ago, Lunarelf said:

It seems not solving the basic problem: the number of players in the room are not change

actually it's sad to say but now TOP is kinda useless---you pay 300xgolds to let the room on top for 1 min, after that, no one enters. or just several people enter and afk. ifthere's some way to let the TOP be longer like 10m or even 30m, it will work a lot better.

Whatever way you want to change it, it will always be unfair to someone. I dont like using absolutes, but in this case, with the system and UI of that page the way it is, it is impossible to make a system that you seek.

As THX alluded to in his post, an interface redesign away from the current open list format would be the only way you could make it better than it currently is. The difficult part would be how many and what categories would you include as you would have to get that right before building it. While there would still be lists within those categories, they would be much smaller and all visible upon looking in those sections with no scrolling.

I wouldn't hold my breath for such a system as it somewhat takes xgold out of the picture as no listing would be hidden by the scroll bar, though I suppose there may be some merit in wanting to be on the top, still, theres no doubt it would affect the xgold a lot, and if they make a decent sum from that(we have no idea about that) then may be very reluctant to do something like this.

Edited by JenC

20 minutes ago, Xizi said:

"Bad quality" rooms is subjective.

That might even be true, but we know it’s not. What sucks stays shit ... no matter how much some people like it.
Yes, it is legitimate to ask why there is no correction in this area. If it were just "shit" rooms, everyone would cry where the quality places went. Because there is a demand for it, but the crowd attracts crowds ... that is, if a shitty room takes away some of the people, the others only go there because of the existing staff ... not because that room is more compact or more usable.

1 hour ago, JenC said:

Whatever way you want to change it, it will always be unfair to someone. I dont like using absolutes, but in this case, with the system and UI of that page the way it is, it is impossible to make a system that you seek.

As THX alluded to in his post, an interface redesign away from the current open list format would be the only way you could make it better than it currently is. The difficult part would be how many and what categories would you include as you would have to get that right before building it. While there would still be lists within those categories, they would be much smaller and all visible upon looking in those sections with no scrolling.

I wouldn't hold my breath for such a system as it somewhat takes xgold out of the picture as no listing would be hidden by the scroll bar, though I suppose there may be some merit in wanting to be on the top, still, theres no doubt it would affect the xgold a lot, and if they make a decent sum from that(we have no idea about that) then may be very reluctant to do something like this.

Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath either on a redesign. However, I think you could maintain the current ranking system which is the most 'fair' it can be and filter it. 

One way may be to just use the icons for the 3DX rooms as categories instead of rooms, with the raw list as it currently is to the right. Click on the 'Saloon' which is renamed Dance Club, and another box of only dance club listings opens up. Still ranked by the current system, but maybe by pages, 10 at a time with a picture you can add next to the room and a short description underneath and a tag that puts them in the catagory of choice.

Or, you just get rid of the raw master list to the right we have now altogether.  By clicking on 'Saloon', now the Dance Club catagory,  Dance Clubs with icon and description next to room are listed together. Then do the same with all the other 3DX properties as other categories, but all still sorted as they are now. Sex, Beaches, Games, Lanscapes, etc..

It's much more difficult finding similar themes rooms now than it needs to be imo. If I want 'Games' it should be easier to find those rooms than wading through a long list.

Could be made cleaner looking too.

Edited by THX

Rating rooms is a very bad idea haha

Why? Cause it will start another group wars with ppl voting fellow group n undervoting the (enemy) if I may use this word. 

Don't get me wrong would be awesome to watch it haha 

Listen everyone when u first sub to the game u don't come for best room for quality room u come for the adult sex side.. Yes? 

All that room competition is ppl invention n a bad one.. Colds same.. Djing wars same.. 

I happened to be Involved in all that in my noob days.. You see u kinda get sculpted this way depending with who u hang out.. 

Here a Lil story.. I was hanging out with djs I became one, I was tought live mix djs is the dope all other sucks <<<sorry for the word but is used to make a point.. So this is how I was tought by older djs... Slowly getting into that dj elitist bs... 

Same happened with building.. 

Now 3+years later I realized that I was missing the point of the game like big time haha.. Imagine you go buy broccoli and you end up trip in USA lol... 

My point is many ppl after joining the game may lose track in why the play the game... I lost track also... Feels I lost 3 years doing awesome fantasies instead I was concerning with dj mix or not mix n room elitism... 

I remember I met many ppl take proud in their build n if u see it might be a platform wit 2,3 stuff... So what? 

Those ppl love it they did their best ability to build something some like it some not so what? If it's not in our specific standards? 

What matters is... It's in their standards

Most important we are here to have fun enjoy hang out do sex n kinks whatever.. 

Who has best room or not shouldn't have any place here.. We are not here to be next picaso as far as game matters

We are not here be the next Daren porter. 

You love make awesome detailed rooms? Awesome keep doing them but do not go to the elitist side just keep do ur awesome stuff n leave others do theirs😉

Edited by Aliviax

This is somhow a very useless discussion, because: What's a "good" room first place?

The one with every detail made? Each screw in place. Washers underneath ofc? But half a million props and laggy as hell?

The one which tries to resamble a hood? Streets you can run for miles, Something here and there. Always something new to explore?

The glittering, glamorous club with mirrors, shiny surface, neon lights, flickering here, flickering there and 160bpm pounding you on entrance?

The first attempt of someone still at the beginning the learning curve but proud as hell, cos finally it was made. The first own build? YAY! Is it a "crappy" room, or is it the beginning of someone we may adore for his skills after a year or less?

The one, where everything and each item was made from scratch with a lot of efforts? Or the one where items of others were altered, rearranged and used in a specific own way? Does one need to reinvent the wheel each time? Or not?

The rotten, old, grumpy rock club where the stools wobble, rock guitars are screaming and everyone is shitfaced up to the fullest but has a shitload of fun?

Or anything else I didn't mention?

You aren't able to answer this questions? I understand you, cos I can't myself.

For me it is mainly the atmosphere of a location. Do I like the music? One point. Do I feel ok there. Another point. Do I consider the theme well hit? Yet another point. Is the host friendly and some good vibes reaching me? A very big point! Later on I may pay attention to the build itself. About details, accuration and things like that. Do I see a skill there? Another point. But this is not too much important, cos I also have had a big time at rather "crappy" locations. But they weren't crappy in the regard of giving visitors a shitload of fun and a very good time.

What I want to say. Whatever you consider a great room, another one may not find worth a visit. As different the interest of the people are, who play this game, as different may the touchstones be, what makes a room a good one. So what would a voting system show lately? For some the build, for some the people being there and for some a mix of something else. Anyway, the rooms now well populated would be on top there as well. Everything else would surprise me extremely.

Of course you may find your fortune, in counting visitors. You may get into very sophisticated ways to establish data basis on what seemingly attracts interests, what music was well accepted, which marketing tools did well for you and which less. Perhaps you find the magic formular for getting your room burst with numbers every time. If this is your way, go for it. Same as if colding is your way, have fun. Just be that kind to respect, it is not everyone's favourit and don't jangle everyone's nerves. Reading profiles won't harm, to start with.

It's my believe it is the key to most questions. Live and let live. People are so different, as are their likes and dislike. I find it hard to judge what's really good or bad. All I can say is, I like it or not. And if I don't like, so what? There's space  enough for everyone, almost each kink and idea may find it's admirers. (To make matters clear, I strictly refer to things which are legal and accepted by everyone involved)

What I like a lot about this place, is it is so full of colors. So many different styles, skill, ideas. Sometimes you find amazing people you can chat the night away with. Sometime it needs a lot of time to find a person which seems interesting. It is similar like in our real lifes. Things don't pop up just in front of you. If you want to get to the top of whatever it might be, be sure you're not the only one aiming there and it will be a  long trip noone would make without lots of patience and efforts. If you wanna be on top, prepare to sacrifice blood, sweat and tears.

At least this is my experiance so far. And another one is, take it easy. If you don't succeed first try, try again. Don't force youself to reach something too far away at once. Step by step, aim for something which you are able to achieve in fact. Yet another aim a bit higher next time. Rome was also not build in a day.

Well, quite a wall of text here uh?

tl;dr

I made the experiance that I live much happier since I try to avoid in categories like "good" or "bad" but to lable things more like "just different". Though I am still not on top of this skill, I still have patience with myself and I don't mind the effort to improve.

I wish you all a very pleasant day and a nice weekend.

Edited by Pandorra

YES!

Definitely let's introduce a potentially dissuading feature to any one who wants to try and build and bring shame to anyone who loves building but just are not good enough.

Why?

Because we are too lazy to go exploring, and are soooo PRETENTIOUS that the prospect of seeing a badly made room might give us a heart attack!

Oh... While we are at it... Let's introduce a -LOVE MAKING- rating system. We rate a person from 0-10 after each time we lay with them and the average rating forever floats above their head for everyone to point and laugh!

I am a non-builder, and I admire all of you that are.  Even if you are just starting out, and may not have things perfect.  The only judge of a room is me.  And my opinion shouldn't matter to you.  If you like the room, like the people that are there, its a 5-star room!  Personally, I would find no use for a rating system.  I just would love to see the room list sorted in a way to help me find what I may be looking for on a particular day.

28 minutes ago, Anaganda said:

Oh... While we are at it... Let's introduce a -LOVE MAKING- rating system. We rate a person from 0-10 after each time we lay with them and the average rating forever floats above their head for everyone to point and laugh!

Please, never have this implemented!  I am laughed at enough already! :P

3 hours ago, Aliviax said:

Why? Cause it will start another group wars with ppl voting fellow group n undervoting the (enemy) if I may use this word. 

Don't get me wrong would be awesome to watch it haha 

Listen everyone when u first sub to the game u don't come for best room for quality room u come for the adult sex side.. Yes? 

All that room competition is ppl invention n a bad one.. Colds same.. Djing wars same.. 

I happened to be Involved in all that in my noob days.. You see u kinda get sculpted this way depending with who u hang out.. 

Here a Lil story.. I was hanging out with djs I became one, I was tought live mix djs is the dope all other sucks <<<sorry for the word but is used to make a point.. So this is how I was tought by older djs... Slowly getting into that dj elitist bs... 

Same happened with building.. 

Now 3+years later I realized that I was missing the point of the game like big time haha.. Imagine you go buy broccoli and you end up trip in USA lol... 

My point is many ppl after joining the game may lose track in why the play the game... I lost track also... Feels I lost 3 years doing awesome fantasies instead I was concerning with dj mix or not mix n room elitism... 

I remember I met many ppl take proud in their build n if u see it might be a platform wit 2,3 stuff... So what? 

Those ppl love it they did their best ability to build something some like it some not so what? If it's not in our specific standards? 

What matters is... It's in their standards

Most important we are here to have fun enjoy hang out do sex n kinks whatever.. 

Who has best room or not shouldn't have any place here.. We are not here to be next picaso as far as game matters

We are not here be the next Daren porter. 

You love make awesome detailed rooms? Awesome keep doing them but do not go to the elitist side just keep do ur awesome stuff n leave others do theirs😉

Oh yeah~ haha.
Now some people are finally starting to think that they are elites and have the right to laugh at our nerds who make mods and rooms, and  "incompatible with people"?

I didn't want to use such a rude statement, but: Hey~~ We are the ones who make extra sex actions, sex props, better furniture and themed scenes for this game with preset furniture and insufficient action. If we are not here for "sexual acts", what are we doing? Sit in a corner and play chess? No, and quite the opposite! The mod builder made everything that makes this game look more comfortable than before. But what is your opinion on this?

“You love make awesome detailed rooms? Awesome keep doing them but do not go to the elitist side just keep do ur awesome stuff n leave others do theirs”

well...what can i say? We give every novice enough attention and care. No one will laugh at their efforts, because every progress is very precious. But this is not a reason to take out a matchbox-like room, put two star-shaped objects in it and call it a bed, and then use the cold bbc name to attract 60 or even more than 100 players to join.

After all: I don't really care about the scoring system of the house, it doesn't matter whether it has it or not. But what I care about is to take a free template room at random, add some unknown things indiscriminately, and then open the public room. Or simply make a mess of the matchbox room I wrote above and open it to the public.

Are we lost in blind pursuit of room quality? Or no one wants sex anymore? Nah. That's because there is no interest in playing in such a shoddy room! This is neither comfortable nor "themed", nor is it a good place to call a few friends to relax. If you don’t like building? No problem--but please don't preach "how much it is so enjoyable" to a bad room. We all came for a better sex experience, and no one said that this is not an adult sex game. So is there any need for such a low-quality room that will greatly weaken the sexual experience? I am not saying that there is no DJ in this room, so it is low quality. But when the color scheme of a room looks so crude, the structure is just copied from the free template, and there are many beds put randomly in the room for people to have sex---here we go. Such a room will indeed attract cold type people, so that they will not harass the people in other rooms. But this kind of room will never make people feel that having sex in it is a very comfortable thing.

Edited by Lunarelf

1 hour ago, Pandorra said:

This is somhow a very useless discussion, because: What's a "good" room first place?

The one with every detail made? Each screw in place. Washers underneath ofc? But half a million props and laggy as hell?

The one which tries to resamble a hood? Streets you can run for miles, Something here and there. Always something new to explore?

The glittering, glamorous club with mirrors, shiny surface, neon lights, flickering here, flickering there and 160bpm pounding you on entrance?

The first attempt of someone still at the beginning the learning curve but proud as hell, cos finally it was made. The first own build? YAY! Is it a "crappy" room, or is it the beginning of someone we may adore for his skills after a year or less?

The one, where everything and each item was made from scratch with a lot of efforts? Or the one where items of others were altered, rearranged and used in a specific own way? Does one need to reinvent the wheel each time? Or not?

The rotten, old, grumpy rock club where the stools wobble, rock guitars are screaming and everyone is shitfaced up to the fullest but has a shitload of fun?

Or anything else I didn't mention?

You aren't able to answer this questions? I understand you, cos I can't myself.

For me it is mainly the atmosphere of a location. Do I like the music? One point. Do I feel ok there. Another point. Do I consider the theme well hit? Yet another point. Is the host friendly and some good vibes reaching me? A very big point! Later on I may pay attention to the build itself. About details, accuration and things like that. Do I see a skill there? Another point. But this is not too much important, cos I also have had a big time at rather "crappy" locations. But they weren't crappy in the regard of giving visitors a shitload of fun and a very good time.

What I want to say. Whatever you consider a great room, another one may not find worth a visit. As different the interest of the people are, who play this game, as different may the touchstones be, what makes a room a good one. So what would a voting system show lately? For some the build, for some the people being there and for some a mix of something else. Anyway, the rooms now well populated would be on top there as well. Everything else would surprise me extremely.

Of course you may find your fortune, in counting visitors. You may get into very sophisticated ways to establish data basis on what seemingly attracts interests, what music was well accepted, which marketing tools did well for you and which less. Perhaps you find the magic formular for getting your room burst with numbers every time. If this is your way, go for it. Same as if colding is your way, have fun. Just be that kind to respect, it is not everyone's favourit and don't jangle everyone's nerves. Reading profiles won't harm, to start with.

It's my believe it is the key to most questions. Live and let live. People are so different, as are their likes and dislike. I find it hard to judge what's really good or bad. All I can say is, I like it or not. And if I don't like, so what? There's space  enough for everyone, almost each kink and idea may find it's admirers. (To make matters clear, I strictly refer to things which are legal and accepted by everyone involved)

What I like a lot about this place, is it is so full of colors. So many different styles, skill, ideas. Sometimes you find amazing people you can chat the night away with. Sometime it needs a lot of time to find a person which seems interesting. It is similar like in our real lifes. Things don't pop up just in front of you. If you want to get to the top of whatever it might be, be sure you're not the only one aiming there and it will be a  long trip noone would make without lots of patience and efforts. If you wanna be on top, prepare to sacrifice blood, sweat and tears.

At least this is my experiance so far. And another one is, take it easy. If you don't succeed first try, try again. Don't force youself to reach something too far away at once. Step by step, aim for something which you are able to achieve in fact. Yet another aim a bit higher next time. Rome was also not build in a day.

Well, quite a wall of text here uh?

tl;dr

I made the experiance that I live much happier since I try to avoid in categories like "good" or "bad" but to lable things more like "just different". Though I am still not on top of this skill, I still have patience with myself and I don't mind the effort to improve.

I wish you all a very pleasant day and a nice weekend.

No, I don't need to be accurate to every screw, and I don't want to do it. Because this has no effect other than the needless increase in the file size of the room.

You are right. Everyone has their own preferences, so the scoring system is useless. I agree with this point, so: Hey--let's get to the point: I don’t care who made these rooms, or how great the DJs in this room are (although good DJ is make the room hotter, but this is not the main point). I don't even care if this room is a cold room. The only thing I care about is "shit" or "no shit" in this room
Progress for novices is valuable. But people who hold shoddy rooms full of pride are not included. This is why I call these rooms "shit", because they have no creativity or interesting sex ideas. The color scheme of the rooms looks like they use the preset colors directly. The only thing that is praiseworthy in these rooms is the "bed" --- yes, they really have a lot of beds used to make love to people. But a bunch of beds are placed together meaninglessly, which is very annoying.

Thank you for your point of view: yes, we cannot simply judge the quality of a thing, it is true. But this should not affect our clear understanding of which rooms are of low quality. If we are like political correctness, when we admire a room for good or bad, it will probably be the worst moment of this game.

Edited by Lunarelf

1) How to make sure that people really rate the building skills or location's creativity and not their overall experience (music, DJs, number of friends, naughty stuff, local chat fun, whatever...)? Because it is the overall experience that makes people not only to join a location, but also to stay.

2) And even if you can manage that people rate building skills only (side question: what are the criteria for this?) but you have nothing else for entertainment, then you will have an empty 5-star-room and you will look at the packed 1-star fuck room with envy...

3) Accept it... people join locations and stay in locations for their entertainment, not to admire architectural innovations and building skills.

Edited by Kemistry

On 11/20/2020 at 2:53 AM, Aliviax said:

Pretty much.  There's enough cliquish backbiting without giving people a tool that will allow them to crap all over their competitors and enemies rooms.

3DX is first a social and sex game, not a building game. Some of us found building a great feature some dont care at all about building.

People comes first to see their friends, meet people, have sex of course, before coming for any rooms. To be honest, I believe that people and music in a room are way more important than the room. A nicely built room with bad music or boring people, you explore it, and leave it for ever. You saw it and bye bye.

You tend to come back more somewhere cos you like a combination of people, music and building, for an atmosphere and some people are great to create amazing atmospheres with almost nothing in the room, just with talent.

There are no good or bad rooms, all you have are rooms you like or dislike cos it is only linked to your feelings, but it is not an universal truth. What you like, someone else can dislike it.

If you look more in comments, I feel like most builders are not interested in any kind of rating. Such things bring more dramas than solutions, Alivia is right about this.

3DX is a well made game for me about this: noone can pay to have more than someone else, we all have access to the same content, we all are free to go or not go somewhere, according to our preferences.

The room naming trick with BBC, Orgy and so on is as old at the game. The room listing is not totally chaotic and totally a pain to find a room in it, but on the other hand, I never visited so many rooms than now.

I keep thinking that the only "fair feature" would be a color code for public rooms opened by friends or even a tab with public rooms opened by friends, this way you can see fast rooms you might prefer and it doesnt introduce any kind of competition or rating.

Edited by Torax