3DXChat Community

Online tool to help with designing profiles and gifts

ColinDude

A month ago I created an online tool to assist people with their profiles and gifts. Decided to create a separate topic about it. :)

https://3dxchat-status.com/profileeditor

If you want to spice up your profile but are lost in the syntax, this online page I created will help you with the markup and syntax. You can either start from scratch, or paste your current profile code into the white area. In real-time, it will give you a preview of how it will look like in the game.

It also provides you the character limit that is in place, which is 1000 characters for your profile, and 240 characters for gifts. But within these limits, you can do a lot of magic. :)

To get you started, I also added a few presets.

Preview

Test.thumb.gif.058885a6d1e6831829aac3e2a6365c41.gif

Test2.thumb.gif.314fca912f3a1ef1f681199ff8f830a9.gif

GradientPreview1.thumb.gif.4f4ae4ab2a3c5203b2106dbbcb71dcca.gif

GradientParagraph.thumb.gif.47750849da4ca9f1b19c1a371357a90c.gif

Fonts.thumb.gif.97d5f7b0ec35e01e21fb3a09254a8b8f.gif

GradientPreview2.gif

Edited by ColinDude
Added gradient previews

4 hours ago, Leeloo said:

what do you call "curent profile code" ?

If you want to customize your current profile layout, you can CTRL+C -> CTRL+V your current profile contents into the white field in the editor (as the second animated gif shows)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 11:50 AM, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Thank you Colin! 

Is it possible to make a background for a text in a profile? I just saw one. 

You need an undocumented element for that (which has no HTML counterpart), but it's buggy as hell. For example, if you think your profile looks good, it might look completely different for someone else, or even cause graphical glitches etc. So I'd say, don't do it. :)

Past few days I worked on a few bugs, but mostly a lot of additions!

Changes:

• Added special font generator tab with 7 tested alternative fonts
  • Added gradient per line (based on new lines)
  • Added gradient per paragraph (based on double new lines)
  • Prevent gradient creation while having rich text tags in the selection
  • Changed word spacing and letter spacing to be as similar to 3DXChat as I could.
  • Added text anti aliasing effect to mimic the way texts are rendered in 3DXChat
  • Fixed a bug where the & sign gave a syntax error in the profile editor (thanks @AlexaDarkness ❤)

Sneak preview:

Fonts.thumb.gif.4dd2ecbd655c9a21b79699e55da62901.gif

GradientParagraph.thumb.gif.151ffe66ce497517906576b6779b1b08.gif

• Gizmo pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

New release!

• Altered the line height in the gift preview to imitate 3DXChat behavior (it differs between the profile and gifts in-game actually!)
  • Added preset flags (thank you Becca ❤)
  • Fixed non-working letters for a few fonts, and added a question mark sign for a bit of info which letters don't work correctly
  • Enhanced UI for profile and gift editing

• 1 month later...

New update!

• Added a way to add a gradient for only the middle part of a sentence (works for gradient per letter and gradient per word)
  • Fixed a bug in the profile editor parser so that using <3 wont be seen as a syntax error

Examples:

Current "Per letter" example, this line will need 825 characters.

image.png.f408318e02667817e3a133c34c6ec475.png

New "Per letter", but with "Gradient only middle part" enabled. Still looks good, but now only needs 319 characters!

image.png.bd38b3588df9f3ca5e8bf5bd6147350d.png

Current "per word" example (uses 273 characters)

image.png.33d11ba8c2ba252ef9bf579dd0474fcd.png

New "Per word", but with "Gradient only middle part" enabled. Needs only 158 characters now, which means it would even fit in a gift! :) 

image.png.6b08570ced1b3718cdfd90926bf997b9.png

Would love to find a way these tags and modifications would be possible without affecting the number od chars allowed in the profile. Would make it easier to have optically enhanced profile text without interfering the limits.... ;)

Nevertheless a cool thing to use for profile editing !! 👍

2 hours ago, LadiesToyDE said:

Would love to find a way these tags and modifications would be possible without affecting the number od chars allowed in the profile. Would make it easier to have optically enhanced profile text without interfering the limits.... ;)

Nevertheless a cool thing to use for profile editing !! 👍

Yeah that’s impossible unless @Gizmodecides to higher the character limits on the game. It’s a technical limitation right now. 

one tool that could be good to add on the site. it's ASCII Art editor who will help people to more easily work on ASCII Art ( character limit , width size limite.. etc ) like profile / gift editor. of course there are already asci editors can be found on web but not adapted to 3DX. ( some special character that work elsewhere don't work on 3DX for exemple ). we could even think of something to people submit review them and the good one added on list on the website ready to copy & use in 3DX.

• 1 month later...
On 8/21/2021 at 5:05 PM, lMAXl said:

one tool that could be good to add on the site. it's ASCII Art editor who will help people to more easily work on ASCII Art ( character limit , width size limite.. etc ) like profile / gift editor. of course there are already asci editors can be found on web but not adapted to 3DX. ( some special character that work elsewhere don't work on 3DX for exemple ). we could even think of something to people submit review them and the good one added on list on the website ready to copy & use in 3DX.

Yeah especially the last part crossed my mind a few times, but yes it'll give a lot more maintenance than I have currently. But still thinking about that :)

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...