3DXChat Community

Unzipping...

DudeAlex

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just tried the update out and I can confirm the problem listed above........stuck at "unzipping" and never finishes.  Checked the process in task manager and it's literally hanging there doing nothing.  Gonna just sit tight 'til we hear from the devs about what to do.

It must be some sort of anti-virus/anti-malware process in the background interfering with the upzipping process. You can retry with those tools disabled.

Otherwise wait for the full installer .exe to be released. Usually it'll be quickly after a new release.

1 hour ago, ColinDude said:

It must be some sort of anti-virus/anti-malware process in the background interfering with the upzipping process. You can retry with those tools disabled.

Otherwise wait for the full installer .exe to be released. Usually it'll be quickly after a new release.

Yeah, I thought of that too as well as making sure the patcher is set to run with full Administrative Privileges.  After trying all that it still hangs on unzipping and never finishes.  Pretty frustrating.

44 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

Its OK no sex game for you today 😁

Wrong. :P

Here is the SOLUTION everyone.  After updating Windows 10 to the new 20H2 version that was released last month my patcher ran fine and unzipped successfully.  So that is the problem, it's a windows version issue, not a 3dx issue.  The patch must've been written and released after the pc Gizmo used to do so on was updated.  So if you're having the unzipping issue, updating your Windows 10 to the new 20H2 version will solve your problem!

For the un-tech savvy out there, do the following:

1. In windows, go to Settings-------Update & Security

2. Click the "Check for Updates" button

3. If Update to Windows 10 20H2 blah blah shows up, choose to download and install it and let Windows do it's thing.(your pc will need to be rebooted after it finishes).

4. After the update completes successfully and you reboot your pc, go to wherever it is you have the game files for 3dx installed(mine is installed in a custom location on a separate SSD for gaming, so not sure what the default location is) and run Patcher.exe in administrative mode(right click it and you'll see the option to do so).

5. The patcher will download the V429 update, unzip, and install it successfully.

Hope that helps anyone that was having problems with this.  Have fun!  =)

Right click on 3DXChat.exe - Preferences - Advanced - Set "Always Run as administrator".

Right click on Patcher.exe - Preferences - Advanced - Set "Always Run as administrator".

End of all issues. 3DXChat has permissions problem, especially when installed on OS drive.

Uncertified software is blocked by OS, especially when it's suspected as threat. Give especially Patcher admin rights and it should run without any issues.

Additionally that issue shouldn't appear at all when game is installed on different partition than OS one.

PS: That above done "after" wrong patching may not work as intended.

4 hours ago, StellaXOXO said:

Right click on 3DXChat.exe - Preferences - Advanced - Set "Always Run as administrator".

Right click on Patcher.exe - Preferences - Advanced - Set "Always Run as administrator".

End of all issues. 3DXChat has permissions problem, especially when installed on OS drive.

Uncertified software is blocked by OS, especially when it's suspected as threat. Give especially Patcher admin rights and it should run without any issues.

Additionally that issue shouldn't appear at all when game is installed on different partition than OS one.

PS: That above done "after" wrong patching may not work as intended.

Is not working for you

13 hours ago, Pandorra said:

Go to http://3dxchat.com/support/

Follow the advice at "I have a problem with the Patcher. I can't update my game."

I hope this helps. Good luck.

17 hours ago, xDAVEx said:

Wrong. :P

Here is the SOLUTION everyone.  After updating Windows 10 to the new 20H2 version that was released last month my patcher ran fine and unzipped successfully.  So that is the problem, it's a windows version issue, not a 3dx issue.  The patch must've been written and released after the pc Gizmo used to do so on was updated.  So if you're having the unzipping issue, updating your Windows 10 to the new 20H2 version will solve your problem!

For the un-tech savvy out there, do the following:

1. In windows, go to Settings-------Update & Security

2. Click the "Check for Updates" button

3. If Update to Windows 10 20H2 blah blah shows up, choose to download and install it and let Windows do it's thing.(your pc will need to be rebooted after it finishes).

4. After the update completes successfully and you reboot your pc, go to wherever it is you have the game files for 3dx installed(mine is installed in a custom location on a separate SSD for gaming, so not sure what the default location is) and run Patcher.exe in administrative mode(right click it and you'll see the option to do so).

5. The patcher will download the V429 update, unzip, and install it successfully.

Hope that helps anyone that was having problems with this.  Have fun!  😃

nothing helps. this fiasco