3DXChat Community

Water in a Pool

LucyT

If building above ocean level - easy.

Just take any Prim (square, circle, whatever works for you pool shape) and add the water texture in the nature materials section to it and scale to width and depth you need..

For better effect, color it a bit, and take into account the reflection of whatever color the bottom of you poil is. Pale blues tend to work better than dark blues most of the time imo.

Just rember, adding a water texture isn't something you can swim in. If you need swimable, then build down into the ocean that has that scripting.

Edited by THX

9 hours ago, LucyT said:

Hey,

I looked around but could not find an answer. How do i add water to a pool that I made? I cant find an option for that.

Like THX said depends on the purpose you want with it, if it's just going to be a sit pool then you can do it with a water textured box(Texture will also give pass through element of water) But if you like to be able to swim in it, then you will need to have it down at water levels. Keep in mind if you take this approach you will need to keep in mind there some high waves at time, in case you don't want those to go through floor tiles when you build it.

You can say one challenges with pools that use ocean level can be how to add stairs that feel natural, since we have no working pool ladders you use for that purpose.

Edited by KimmyFox