3DXChat Community

World Editor - Poses

LucyT

Hey,

I am trying to add pool poses to the foot of the bed, and add table poses to the bed side.

My problem is with the star. Is there a way to merge three poses in one star? Or how do I fix the problem of having pool star at the bottom of the bed, the table star at the bed side and other side of the bed has bed poses? Gets confusing for new people.

For the table pose, set the pose template at the angle you want it to the bed and set it so the ground tab is flush with the floor, then move the bed up till the table tab is aligned with the bed surface

It is not easy to have both pool and table on the bed as they need different heights to work perfectly, but theres a few ways around that, like using a bed locker and setting the heights on that to match up with the templates.

If youre using the standard beds, you will have to make a base for them as they end up in the air. 

I just done a 5 min scratch to show what I mean.

bed.JPG

I got the bed base stuff and put all the poses in its place. Now the thing is about the pose trigger "star". It is getting hard to find the bed pose star with all other poses around it.

Is lowering the table pose and the pool pose a solution?? I mean the bed will only have bed poses and the bed side with the pool and table foots will have the star for it.

There's 2 things that are causing problems, first is if you use one of the existing bed props, you don't need to use the bed pose template, the bed poses are pre built into them. Using the template on the bed causes conflicts with the inbuilt pose. I have noticed when making these things that the inbuilt bed pose triggers are a little higher than the actual sheets/blankets, so any template you use over them need to be a little higher than you would have them on a custom block.

secondly, that bed prop you are using is no good for this because of the timber sticking out 6+ inches further than the mattress as this will mean your separate poses will be unaligned and not look good. The one with the candles is no good either as the way the sheets land its looks silly if you raise that in the air. If you dont want to make a custom bed, then one of the other 4 are best used.

candlebed.JPG

Edited by JenC

12 hours ago, JenC said:

There's 2 things that are causing problems, first is if you use one of the existing bed props, you don't need to use the bed pose template, the bed poses are pre built into them. Using the template on the bed causes conflicts with the inbuilt pose. I have noticed when making these things that the inbuilt bed pose triggers are a little higher than the actual sheets/blankets, so any template you use over them need to be a little higher than you would have them on a custom block.

secondly, that bed prop you are using is no good for this because of the timber sticking out 6+ inches further than the mattress as this will mean your separate poses will be unaligned and not look good. The one with the candles is no good either as the way the sheets land its looks silly if you raise that in the air. If you dont want to make a custom bed, then one of the other 4 are best used.

candlebed.JPG

I am assuming it is possible to make a custom bed, where do i find the sheets for it?? The mattress and the pillows are available.