3DXChat Community

Import of our own textures and gifs

TatyTh

Good morning all,

It's not been long since I've been with you, but I've also been on another site for over a year and that's what allows me to compare the pros and cons.

There is not to say but 3DX is graphically, constructively and bearable (power of the servers) 1000X superior to the other site.

On the other hand, I am busy building my chalet here just like I did on the other site, unfortunately I find myself blocked because I don't know how to use my own textures, images and gifs !!
On the other site I have a folder just for my chalet of 210 images and gifs which are all used for the different constructions in my chalet.
Example: for my kitchen I need light oak wood, pink marble, tiles, kitchen facades, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, built-in oven, extractor hood, microwave oven and fridge ... images of real objects.
Because of the impossibility of importing my images and gifs I do not know how to finish my chalet as I originally saw it.

This is of course only an example but I need to be able to choose my own tiling for the floors, to be able to place feminine and masculine beauty products in the bedrooms, to be able to build the wardrobes with the texture of wood that I personally choose on the net and not imposed textures that do not suit me.

3DX is in my opinion great, the construction interface is very easy and quick to learn but there are still some impressive shortcomings for a site of this quality.

Small construction comparison:
I started the construction of my chalet this Friday 25/09/2020, the structure and part of the furnishings are finished.
There is still the kitchen and various things that I do not know how to do for lack of my own textures.
On the other site I took more than a month to build my chalet and I have not yet finished, there are only a few details left to be able to open it to the public. 01/10/2020

My request is: would it be possible for you to work on the possibility of importing our own images and gifs so that we can customize our constructions optimally?

Thank you, TatyTh.

P.S:

4c8a96d75f17425469ab68d22ccd4e96.jpg

0362ab35a53d9c833d4cd36d1517368e.jpg

Hi TatyTh and welcome to the game and the forum.  Glad to hear you are enjoying 3dxchat.

IMHO I would be concerned that the gifs are just two dimensional, and might distract from the quality of 3dxchat if used in place of objects that ought to be 3 dimensional.  Even in the 2D images you posted, the applied gifs look like "stickers".

Having built a kitchen previously myself in 3dxchat (in my case it included a gas cooker with live gas burners), whilst it takes more time to build your own 3D appliances based on the gifs, I am sure the result will be worth it.  Alternatively, if others have already created 3D appliances and shared their files (e.g. in the World Editor section of the Forum), it is possible to integrate files into your room build through the File menu.

Having said all that though, I do agree that being able to use your own textures and gifs (for certain limited uses such as pictures on the wall) would be very useful.

Would love the ability too, but doubt it's gonna happen. Think on part they wanna avoid potential problems with copyright claims if anyone uploaded anything copyrighted for textures, but also seems editor as whole use some sort of automated texture alignment or something. Since textures will always point to one certain direction and have a fix scale size.

But yah if we were able to have it would definitely open for many more options to do things with.

6 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

Hi TatyTh and welcome to the game and the forum.  Glad to hear you are enjoying 3dxchat.

IMHO I would be concerned that the gifs are just two dimensional, and might distract from the quality of 3dxchat if used in place of objects that ought to be 3 dimensional.  Even in the 2D images you posted, the applied gifs look like "stickers".

Having built a kitchen previously myself in 3dxchat (in my case it included a gas cooker with live gas burners), whilst it takes more time to build your own 3D appliances based on the gifs, I am sure the result will be worth it.  Alternatively, if others have already created 3D appliances and shared their files (e.g. in the World Editor section of the Forum), it is possible to integrate files into your room build through the File menu.

Having said all that though, I do agree that being able to use your own textures and gifs (for certain limited uses such as pictures on the wall) would be very useful.

While I partially agree many user 3d created objects kinda present same problems less you put in fake shadings or use ambient occlusion to give them shadows, because of how the lights in general work. It's essentially hard to create a visual depth with current mechanic unless you have direct sunlight hitting surfaces and settings to match with it.

Edited by KimmyFox

14 minutes ago, KimmyFox said:

While I partially agree many user 3d created objects kinda present same problems less you put in fake shadings or use ambient occlusion to give them shadows, because of how the lights in general work. It's essentially hard to create a visual depth with current mechanic unless you have direct sunlight hitting surfaces and settings to match with it.

Good point.  I guess progressing to a greater and greater sense of reality is achieved by degrees.

Hello and Thank you for your answers, Thank you KimmyFox but in my kitchen there are no images Gifs they are still images of appliances and kitchen fronts on the other hand yes indeed the gifs that I use for example horses, the birds, the hens and the flowers are indeed in 2D and look like self-sticks.
Now if someone is able to make me horses that look like horses like the carriages here for example and with no characters around I am a taker.
I will need straws for the chavaux boxes and here there are none I want to show you all the textures I use for my constructions but I would overload the forum and it is not my intention .. .I just wish I could use my images here in my designs ...
For example, the building blocks are editable, there is a URL space to include the images you want and here it is not the case so anyway it is impossible to realize my kitchen or other space what I need (like the bathroom, my fireplace or even the floors where there is not enough choice in the tiling, the woodwork which is not sufficiently extensive, the windows that I do not does not get tinted in a real way because the color palette does not allow it etc etc)
3DX is formidable in the graphics and the power of the servers, here on a single space I should be able to build all the constructions that I made on the other site or I am obliged to take several spaces, but unfortunately if I do not have no access to my images and editable blocks I could not do.

I would like to build here: The Taty's bar, the Monastery (night club) complete my chalet with the stables including the straw reserve ...
But I'm afraid I can't do it :(

When the objects to share here, I tried to click on the links but nothing happened !! I do not understand why ?

I also have another problem that I cannot solve, here I place the television, I resize it to the size I want, I save my modification and when I return to my chalet the television has returned to this size original !! I don't understand why I can't save it as I want it?

excuse me for the translation :)

Thank you and my apologies for my long messages ... Taty

my fireplace

90a12f3fe9e2bcbf0fe308eaec3752a2.gif 

Still image included in the building block included in the building block (Editable blocks by placing the image through a URL)

1de798fcea8eb3fb6ca898eed97dd67e.gif