3DXChat Community

Development roadmap

_Sophie_

Seeing as a lot of topics recently are regarding updates and their contents (a lot of which are complaints, which I can agree with in some cases), I would like to suggest a development roadmap or similar.

@Gizmo, @Lisa the reason you guys get so much flak on here is because you’re not very communicative with the community. I don’t know if you’re professionals at this, or whether this is a side project that you’re struggling to keep up with, but either way sometimes your lack of comms with us, your customers is concerning.

My idea is fairly simple - to ask the community what they’d like to see most in the next 6-12 months, figure out which are the most wanted and then create a road map/ dev update blog that we can all follow, so that we can know what to look forward to. That way we as players can follow along, and suggest things along the way, and also you a devs will be more open and talkative to us all. 

Obviously there will be a delay on some things here and there, but as long as you’re upfront about it, I can’t see too many people being too upset.

Just a thought.

8 hours ago, _Sophie_ said:

Seeing as a lot of topics recently are regarding updates and their contents (a lot of which are complaints, which I can agree with in some cases), I would like to suggest a development roadmap or similar.

@Gizmo, @Lisa the reason you guys get so much flak on here is because you’re not very communicative with the community. I don’t know if you’re professionals at this, or whether this is a side project that you’re struggling to keep up with, but either way sometimes your lack of comms with us, your customers is concerning.

My idea is fairly simple - to ask the community what they’d like to see most in the next 6-12 months, figure out which are the most wanted and then create a road map/ dev update blog that we can all follow, so that we can know what to look forward to. That way we as players can follow along, and suggest things along the way, and also you a devs will be more open and talkative to us all. 

Obviously there will be a delay on some things here and there, but as long as you’re upfront about it, I can’t see too many people being too upset.

Just a thought.

Well, I can see at least two problems here:

1. Asking community is a good thing but we don't really know how much time this or that thing will take devs to make. We don't know their competition. We don't know hard limitations of 3dxchat's code that may lead to the point when adding some feature can potentially lead to many months of work or more, or even be close to impossible to implement. Most of us probably don't even know much about coding / animation / 3d artist work.So solely basing roadmap on requests of community is not always a good decision. 

2. if they will fail to follow a plan they made and publicly posted – many peeps will go mad. Some will go to the point of insults, like they already doing. So in the end things can become even worse, because such kind of atmosphere may kill the motivation. 

Why is it that people are always defending the devs inactions when posts like this made.

What Sophie has asked for is actually quite reasonable and what would be expected in a professional environment. So what if people don't know how long things will take, a quick answer of something like "I would love to be able to add that to the game but it involves around 12 months work" would be easy enough for the devs to do. 

Yes people will get angry if things aren't completed by the time they had stated, same people that are continually angry now because of the lack of communication and very slow progress in anything the devs do. But something no one seems to consider when posts like this are done is what would happen if the devs actually did say they would add something by a certain time and did do that. How about some of you that like to come in this forum trying to explain the reasons we shouldn't ask for anything or expect anything from the devs consider that and what would happen.

I know as well as anyone to not expect anything from the devs, no communication, no real effort, but I don't think people should just accept that is what they pay for. When you join a game like this there are expectations of what will be supplied that are normal, and the devs here do not even come close to supplying what is normally expected.

Yes the devs don't pay much attention to what is said in these forums, things that people have asked for time and time again, but do you think it could be possible that the devs seeing all these people making excuses for them may make them feel like they really don't need to.

6 hours ago, Twiggy said:

What Sophie has asked for is actually quite reasonable and what would be expected in a professional environment.

It is, indeed. In a professional environment. But do you have a feeling of professional environment here? Or maybe you believe that it wasn't one for years, but if ask another time – things will change? Did not change all that time before, when dozens of people were complaining during dc's/lack of updates, but now will suddenly change? Suuure.

I mean, who knows. Not so long ago they announced a patch/maintenance time. Maybe they really decided to act more professional. Let's see if that is a real change or it just for few weeks/months again and then things will return back to how they were. Though... I believe, if devs really will start taking their project with more professionalism and responsibility – it will happen because of desire to keep/increase their income and understanding that lack of decent competition will not be always a thing. Not because someone asked them. 

Yes people will get angry if things aren't completed by the time they had stated, same people that are continually angry now because of the lack of communication and very slow progress in anything the devs do. But something no one seems to consider when posts like this are done is what would happen if the devs actually did say they would add something by a certain time and did do that. How about some of you that like to come in this forum trying to explain the reasons we shouldn't ask for anything or expect anything from the devs consider that and what would happen.

Lol. What is to "consider" there? Of course it would be great. So what? Just because it would be great does not mean it's going to happen.

I know as well as anyone to not expect anything from the devs, no communication, no real effort, but I don't think people should just accept that is what they pay for. When you join a game like this there are expectations of what will be supplied that are normal, and the devs here do not even come close to supplying what is normally expected.

People free to ask whatever they want. And I am free to express my pessimism realism as well.  

Yes the devs don't pay much attention to what is said in these forums, things that people have asked for time and time again, but do you think it could be possible that the devs seeing all these people making excuses for them may make them feel like they really don't need to.

Yeah sure. It's because of people "protecting" devs (see how full of protection my posts are!) they don't bring more updates/act more professional. 

I really think you overrating the weight of our opinion here. 

19 hours ago, Xizl said:

It is, indeed. In a professional environment. But do you have a feeling of professional environment here? Or maybe you believe that it wasn't one for years, but if ask another time – things will change? Did not change all that time before, when dozens of people were complaining during dc's/lack of updates, but now will suddenly change? Suuure.

Well I don't know about you and others, but if I pay for a service I expect professionalism. Yes after people have been in the game for a while they will realise that 3DXChat is not a professional environment but does that give them the excuse to continue with that practice. Does that mean that people should not complain. Sorry but this sort of quote makes me feel like we are being forced to accept we live in a world where we should not expect professionalism even when we pay for it.

19 hours ago, Xizl said:

I mean, who knows. Not so long ago they announced a patch/maintenance time. Maybe they really decided to act more professional. Let's see if that is a real change or it just for few weeks/months again and then things will return back to how they were. Though... I believe, if devs really will start taking their project with more professionalism and responsibility – it will happen because of desire to keep/increase their income and understanding that lack of decent competition will not be always a thing. Not because someone asked them. 

Well I believe that if there weren't so many people coming in these forums making excuses for the devs, which I would say is not as bad now as it use to be. But if that had not been so prominent in these forums then the devs will have taken a lot more notice of peoples complaints.

20 hours ago, Xizl said:

Lol. What is to "consider" there? Of course it would be great. So what? Just because it would be great does not mean it's going to happen.

People free to ask whatever they want. And I am free to express my pessimism realism as well.  

Yeah sure. It's because of people "protecting" devs (see how full of protection my posts are!) they don't bring more updates/act more professional. 

I really think you overrating the weight of our opinion here. 

Yes of course what I said is obvious, just the same as saying that if the devs were to give a completion time and not make it people would get angry. My point is why keep coming in these forums stating one thing that is so obvious but not the other. One is defending the devs actions the other is not.

Yes you are; like everybody, free to state your opinion. But I do think you need to reconsider what is real and what is not.

21 hours ago, R0bT said:

whats real is you are a utter ******* *****.... whats not real is your ******

Twiggy's comments were quite reasonable and politely stated.  I don't really fall on the same side of the discussion that she does, but her point of view is completely valid, whether you agree or not.

Your comment was pointlessly hostile and insulting. 

Grow up.

-Jelly

Edited by JellyJones

16 hours ago, JellyJones said:

Twiggy's comments were quite reasonable and politely stated.  I don't really fall on the same side of the discussion that she does, but her point of view is completely valid, whether you agree or not.

Your comment was pointlessly hostile and insulting. 

Grow up.

-Jelly

I tried to tell him to grow up recently, but he responded by saying me doing so makes me a serial killer. I thought that was a bit of a gigantic leap in judging someone's background and personality, but then again, look at the source as they say.

41 minutes ago, R0bT said:

you are in a sex game forum, arguing with each other on a daily basis over shit thats not real all the while pretending you are female.   If someone is going to tell anyone to grow up. might want to look to someone else.... just saying.

First of all Jelly is not a brainless twat. She's actually a very fun and nice person. You wouldn't know that hiding in your cave of bitterness in the game. Also if we are so sad and pathetic playing this sex game, any idea what that makes you? LOL

2 minutes ago, Coldheart said:

First of all Jelly is not a brainless twat. She's actually a very fun and nice person. You wouldn't know that hiding in your cave of bitterness in the game. Also if we are so sad and pathetic playing this sex game, any idea what that makes you? LOL

Jelly's pretty awesome indeed~
As for Robbie, he got drunk again and decided to piss all across the forum again.
Nothing new, just a sad little man with nothing else to do.

6 hours ago, Derai said:

Jelly's pretty awesome indeed~
As for Robbie, he got drunk again and decided to piss all across the forum again.
Nothing new, just a sad little man with nothing else to do.

Mixing booze 🥃 and psych meds 💊 is never a good idea. We’ve lost many great musicians and artists that way. Granted, Rob is a talentless ass clown 🤡  but it’s no less dangerous for him to do so.

1 hour ago, Wanderer said:

This community makes me sick lol. small minds discuss people, and that's all you do. not even in the abstract. each and every one of you has deluded yourselves into thinking you're masturbation behind the computer screen is more enlightened than the next

It's totally not about you, right? Everyone here is a small mind! But not you, the great truth bringer! You totally not another "small mind" telling obvious. You totally not judging just like everyone else. And you are totally in this game not to masturbate. A beautiful angel descended in the gutter.

23 hours ago, Xizl said:

It's totally not about you, right? Everyone here is a small mind! But not you, the great truth bringer! You totally not another "small mind" telling obvious. You totally not judging just like everyone else. And you are totally in this game not to masturbate. A beautiful angel descended in the gutter.

He’s trapped in 3dx and can’t get out. Poor guy. Now he must suffer alongside the other elite prisoners of this game, who are better than everyone, that also have no means of escape. Tragic.

Bam. Let this link be somewhere around.

Look at the date btw.

My opinion -- yes, Sophie is right. What I personally see: slow progess, low effort from devs for this much time since game release, questionable updates if you look what they actually do close enough.

But what devs should do to help it -- give more freedom for enthusiast-modders, who are willing to work on this game for food because they see a hidden, but limitless potential for this genre of games.