3DXChat Community

Water level in a cave...

Hello, just a short question to all you pro builders:

I created a cave inside an island in my private room. The tunnel goes down far below sea-level so right now anyone who enters it must have big lungs to reach the floor:)

How is it possible to get it dry or to create room that are located below the general level of water in the rest of the room? I bet there's a simple setting or function for that?

Thanks in advance for your tips!

xTomx.

1 hour ago, AvatarDor / XTomX said:

Hello, just a short question to all you pro builders:

I created a cave inside an island in my private room. The tunnel goes down far below sea-level so right now anyone who enters it must have big lungs to reach the floor:)

How is it possible to get it dry or to create room that are located below the general level of water in the rest of the room? I bet there's a simple setting or function for that?

Thanks in advance for your tips!

xTomx.

Not sure you can if you use the water levels, I would probably consider just doing water textured object instead. Since if you plan on having water go up onto the ceiling then swimming is going to be hard anyways and you likely gonna have camera humping the ceiling, then just have however is gonna use it walk through the water. Since there is no drowning the water levels are not gonna do much for you besides allowing swimming.

Alternatively you could probably build house much higher up and have a fake illusion of below water level basement with fake water, but you would need a bit high up for that to work I guess.

Edited by KimmyFox

Thanks for your fast replies Diana and Kimmy!

I think, I understood now which effect changing the general sea-level has on the different locations in my room, so you really helped me a lot!

It feels like I should simply test different hight adjustments of the whole cave in relation to that level first before taking the next step of designing the interiour of it....

We'll see where it leads me:)

Cheers to you!

xTomx.