3DXChat Community

Region Select (Verizon fix)

Gizmo

On 9/19/2020 at 8:25 PM, Gizmo said:

We've set up a game connect point in Washington US. If you have "Connection Lost" errors and can not play the game, then please try this patch.
Please report your results in this thread.

Follow steps:

1) Disable VPN

2) Download complete build:

https://mega.nz/file/wBJUya7R#C8hSXdVMpVZJXg48wNJ1PxToMQZEFPo7qKE_75Tn9ms

3) Run 3DXChat.exe

4) Find region selector and choose USA

S8SpwRF.png

Professional work as usual. But I may wonder why the selector disappeared and then comes back, right? What technical decisions have been behind it or if it was just weird again and just happened like the still vanished menu for pole dances.

7 minutes ago, Jimmyleonetti said:

OK finally figured it out. The directions are missing a few steps. You have to go to the folder where the zip file is and run the patch .exe. Then run Patcher application.

Can you explain a bit more? Where are the directions you're referring to? I downloaded the file but don't see any region selector. And did you extract the zip file to your main 3dx folder?

3 hours ago, asheevee said:

Still can't stay connected, still can't change region, still can't download patch.  Suggesting that I pay another company for a VPN to play a game I'm already paying for is asinine. 

On 9/22/2020 at 2:32 PM, Jimmyleonetti said:

OK finally figured it out. The directions are missing a few steps. You have to go to the folder where the zip file is and run the patch .exe. Then run Patcher application.

Hey!

All you need to do is download the client from the link (this is described in the first post):

Unpack into a separate folder. This is a complete client, not a patch. I will correct the title of the topic so as not to mislead people.

1 hour ago, Lisa said:

Hey!

All you need to do is download the client from the link (this is described in the first post):

Unpack into a separate folder. This is a complete client, not a patch. I will correct the title of the topic so as not to mislead people.

I'm aware of that, but that link crashes my browser during the download.

On 9/19/2020 at 7:59 PM, Lisa said:

You may want to put it on Discord too and maybe a link on the login page. Not everybody reads the forum...

When will have an official patch?

Thank you

Edited by MeiLing

3 hours ago, Gizmo said:

US entry point has been fixed and launched again. Wish you a pleasant game.

Hi @Gizmo for the benefit of those that were affected by this could you clarify your post above...

- Did it mean that the special proxy server patch (download) for US entry is no longer required and users of Verizon can now access the game without it?

- should Verizon users be able to access the game servers without using a VPN (assuming access is not limited by other internet controls such as country wide bans on accessing adult services)?

- Or did you mean the US proxy server patch itself has had a problem that has now been fixed and Verizon users should now be able to use that patch without problems?

Thanks.  

From my understanding, the US entry point is there to stay. Gizmo just did some maintenance on that point just now.

Verizon users should be able to connect to that US entry point without VPN.

12 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

Or did you mean the US proxy server patch itself has had a problem that has now been fixed and Verizon users should now be able to use that patch without problems?

^^ So basically this. :)

This still doesnt make sense to me. Wouldnt that mean all verizon members on 3dx would now show the same ip addy. Then that means 1 person controlling that router have access. As well as access to our personal info. I know 3dx has outside billing but we all know that some have alot more access than some people know about. 

And if someone does someting illegal with that ip does it potentially fall back on everyone connected to it? Sounds sketchy. If you can do all that why cant you just fix it to work like it has for last 5 yrs. Dont see how a different server is any safer.

Edited by MrStyles
typos

Problem resurfaced After I was connecting with a VPN now cant connect in any way. Log in personal room loads No locations list no chat then in about a minute set disconnected.

I have reloaded the game twice followed all guides for ports and firewalls etc... still nothing