3DXChat Community

Connection Lost

Guest Arya

It should be understood that these recommendations relate only to one part of the "Connection Lost" problem.

"Connection Lost"  can happen when

(...)

Savy? :)

11. A specific problem on the path between the data center and some providers.

11. A specific problem on the path between the data center and some providers.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure how it all works xD But i think some providers don't care and use bad routes, which is why rerouting your internet with a VPN can increase the speed of your internet >_<

i think some providers don't care and use bad routes, which is why rerouting your internet with a VPN can increase the speed of your internet >_<

Yes and no. I've this problem with 3dx ONLY. I know that CCP (EvE Online) had exactly the same problem there 5 or 6 years ago with several providers. The problem is not enivatebly with the provider in itself but it's possible that it concerns a subcontractor on the path between the provider and the data center OR the data center itself (orange is NOT the only provider affected here, some US too). The problem with a free VPN is that the speed is limited. To play ONE game using a paid VPN service (without limitation or clamping) seems to me a very bad idea.

Precision: the problem is massive for about 3 weeks (IG AND forum) and I've never seen this before on 3DX. Disconnect sometimes, yes. This? Never.

Guest Eddster

I usually get this issue when everyone else does (Especially after a 3DXChat update). But, thankfully I am not this time. Try running a trace route if you are able.

Windows

1. Click Start and type CMD in the search field.
  2. Right-click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  3. Type tracert 198.105.215.52 > c:\tracert.txt and press Enter.
  4. Allow several minutes for the trace route to complete.
  5. A file will be created inside your C: drive called tracert.txt that contains your trace route information.
  6. Type exit and press Enter to close the command window.

Analyzing a Trace Route

If you notice any of the following problems in your trace route report, it may indicate an issue with your connection:

• Time outs
  • * symbols
  • If the number value before the ms jumps from a low number to high number
  • If the numbers stay at high values.

I usually get this issue when everyone else does (Especially after a 3DXChat update). But, thankfully I am not this time. Try running a trace route if you are able.

Windows

1. Click Start and type CMD in the search field.
  2. Right-click on CMD.exe and select Run as Administrator.
  3. Type tracert 198.105.215.52 > c:\tracert.txt and press Enter.
  4. Allow several minutes for the trace route to complete.
  5. A file will be created inside your C: drive called tracert.txt that contains your trace route information.
  6. Type exit and press Enter to close the command window.

Analyzing a Trace Route

If you notice any of the following problems in your trace route report, it may indicate an issue with your connection:

• Time outs
  • * symbols
  • If the number value before the ms jumps from a low number to high number
  • If the numbers stay at high values.

I allready did this as Skar asked me. When it's completely lagging, it seems that I don't reach the server. Only in that case. But allways pingy. 

I have absolutly no problems and a good ping with other stuff of course.

Guest Eddster

Right, when I have an issue with connection lost here in the states my pings are always low and I always connect with stability on my end. So i'm starting to think these are two totally different issues from France now. Since it's such a long distance to the data center for France, only thing I could think of is like someone already mentioned is having another server somewhere near that region (long term fix). Short term fix is the VPN like others have suggested.

Can I ask if this crops up after a patch, does it go away for a period of time?

pls post your tracert result next time arya, thx! mine looks like this:

Routenverfolgung zu whatihost.com [198.105.215.52] ber maximal 30 Abschnitte:

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  speedport.ip [192.168.55.99]
  2    20 ms    20 ms    20 ms  87.186.224.13
  3    27 ms    23 ms    24 ms  87.186.193.106
  4   185 ms   183 ms   184 ms  lax-sb2-i.LAX.US.NET.DTAG.DE [62.156.131.73]
  5   193 ms   195 ms   197 ms  80.157.129.238
  6   186 ms   185 ms   185 ms  ae10.cr1.lax112.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.26.6]
  7   213 ms   214 ms   211 ms  ae0.mpr1.slc1.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.20.238]
  8   199 ms   196 ms   198 ms  208.184.34.186.IPYX-068416-004-ZYO.above.net [208.184.34.186]
  9   201 ms   198 ms   200 ms  206.130.126.10.west-datacenter.net [206.130.126.10]
 10   196 ms   196 ms   196 ms  whatihost.com [198.105.215.52]

Ablaufverfolgung beendet.

as i already pointed out, i dont have any problems at all like u guyz in france or elsewere! sure, i also may have a DC once in a while, but hey, that is so rarely, that it doesnt bother me! but i would be nice, if we could solve this, so also u guyz in france can play like so many others with no probs! silly me, caring as usual hehee and u know arya, i said this before and i dont know, how long ur contract with orange is running, but make sure u cancel in advance and maybe consider to use or give the provider 'free' a try, that our pierroussss is using, cause he doesnt seem to have any of these problems as i remember him writing!!!

still, i hope this turns out soon for the best of u guyz for my neighbours in france and may all the force with you

force-be-with-you-shirt-l1.gif

pls post your tracert result next time arya, thx! mine looks like this:

as how long ur contract with orange is running, but make sure u cancel in advance and maybe consider to use or give the provider 'free' a try

I give my tracert results to Gizmo.

But this idea to cancel Orange for another provider, seriously.... It's a little more complicated than that. I know your idea is to help us ( and I thank you for supporting us :) ) but there are other arguments that we also have. For a single game must we change provider when it comes NOT from the provider itself but the path between the provider and the data center? Many of us have said that we had this problem with 3DX ONLY so should we change provider while everything else works fine? And then the day it's between Free / sfr / numericable / whatever and the data center occurs a problem changing again? And for those who have the same problems sometimes in other countries? I have been a customer of free and Numericable and can tell you they can experience such problems too with other applications huh. It has happened in the past, as with any provider. Orange has certainly not twice as many subscribers as free in France by chance only... Free is a good provider, but depending on where you live in France you don't necessarily have all good services / speed, samething for Numericable.

only thing I could think of is like someone already mentioned is having another server somewhere near that region (long term fix). Short term fix is the VPN like others have suggested.

I think that Eddster said everything or almost....

Except that a second server is nothing close to simple... It would probably split the community into two disctinct groups depend on which server you are registered. 

The community is not even close to be big enough to even consider the idea...

Having two servers in distinct region and one game world would be a technical hell... We need to consider that they would need to share either a single database or make sure there is perfect replication... not even mentionning the added latency per transaction. 

I think even better then a second server would be to move the server to a more available datacenter.

Guest Eddster

Ya the second region and server would definitely need to wait until the numbers can be beneficial for the user and the company. I didn't know that users from France are only having issues with this game. Now, I was only having issues with this game as-well in all my tests. I think that alone is evidence enough to digging deeper into your own server architecture and service provider on SexGameDevils side of things. In which, i'm sure they already are (constantly). Just keep shooting more information like everyone is. It can only get better with time.

As to moving the server to a different region. Well, that's entirely an opinionated thing to where you are actually in the world. Every user in the Americas would call foul, while all Europeans would be for it. 

Having two servers like I said would be a long term fix (maybe) but even then these French users with issues seem to only have this problem with 3DX. 

If it's possible can a French user try connecting to a different game in the US(Free MMO without region lock)? Maybe try doing it during times you keep getting kicked from 3DX, would be a good test.

I give my tracert results to Gizmo.

But this idea to cancel Orange for another provider, seriously.... It's a little more complicated than that. I know your idea is to help us ( and I thank you for supporting us :) ) but there are other arguments that we also have. For a single game must we change provider when it comes NOT from the provider itself but the path between the provider and the data center? Many of us have said that we had this problem with 3DX ONLY so should we change provider while everything else works fine? And then the day it's between Free / sfr / numericable / whatever and the data center occurs a problem changing again? And for those who have the same problems sometimes in other countries? I have been a customer of free and Numericable and can tell you they can experience such problems too with other applications huh. It has happened in the past, as with any provider. Orange has certainly not twice as many subscribers as free in France by chance only... Free is a good provider, but depending on where you live in France you don't necessarily have all good services / speed, samething for Numericable.

I think that Eddster said everything or almost....

signboard-thank-you-smiley-emoticon.gif

4 ur answer and explaining, much appreciate elric!

Except that a second server is nothing close to simple... It would probably split the community into two disctinct groups depend on which server you are registered. 

The community is not even close to be big enough to even consider the idea...

Having two servers in distinct region and one game world would be a technical hell... We need to consider that they would need to share either a single database or make sure there is perfect replication... not even mentionning the added latency per transaction. 

I think even better then a second server would be to move the server to a more available datacenter.

as i wrote skar, it was only an idea and i dont even know, if it even would be possible to synch more servers to one game! cause the last thing we want, is to spilt the community! i had that already enough with so many other games in the past and i sure can resign it and if its so, its a no thank you to that idea of mine^^

but moving the server to a more available datacenter, sounds really goodn sweet skar!

kiss-icon.png

ps: id vote for eastcost heheee, cause my ping shows me im not there^^

Ya the second region and server would definitely need to wait until the numbers can be beneficial for the user and the company. I didn't know that users from France are only having issues with this game. Now, I was only having issues with this game as-well in all my tests. I think that alone is evidence enough to digging deeper into your own server architecture and service provider on SexGameDevils side of things. In which, i'm sure they already are (constantly). Just keep shooting more information like everyone is. It can only get better with time.

As to moving the server to a different region. Well, that's entirely an opinionated thing to where you are actually in the world. Every user in the Americas would call foul, while all Europeans would be for it. 

Having two servers like I said would be a long term fix (maybe) but even then these French users with issues seem to only have this problem with 3DX. 

If it's possible can a French user try connecting to a different game in the US (Free MMO without region lock)? Maybe try doing it during times you keep getting kicked from 3DX, would be a good test.

qd5u4qq9nd6u.png

thats a very good idea eddster!!

picard_clapping.gif

tumblr_njpuhdBXHl1twvzgwo1_1280.jpg

Guys if you have the "Lost Connection" issues please try to choose the EU Server at the top left corner button at the Login screen.

Update your client to patch 275. EU Server IP - 54.72.64.172 Be sure you have white listed it in your firewall and antivirus software.

Also you need to have 8124 port opened as well.

You will be in the game together with other players but your connection will be with the 3DXChat EU server.

This is a test server though so please let us know about stability of your connection via this server.

Thanks!

UPD: This is just a proxy server: so you are able to see all 3DX people.

I just did a test and for me it's the revolution :D . It's really much faster (the difference is huge) without any connection lost. I will do another test this evening to check it (when there're more people IG), but as it stands it's really great job. Congratulations and a lot of thanks to the team!!! :wub:

tumblr_njpuhdBXHl1twvzgwo1_1280.jpg

Guys if you have the "Lost Connection" issues please try to choose the EU Server at the top left corner button at the Login screen.

Update your client to patch 275. EU Server IP - 54.72.64.172 Be sure you have white listed it in your firewall and antivirus software.

Also you need to have 8124 port opened as well.

You will be in the game together with other players but your connection will be with the 3DXChat EU server.

This is a test server though so please let us know about stability of your connection via this server.

Thanks!

UPD: This is just a proxy server: so you are able to see all 3DX people.

gkuh7agwdh9l.jpg

sexgamedevil | 3dxchat dev-team

pinch me someone!! quick!!! come on, really?!? omfgm, if this is true and working with multiple synched gameservers for all continents with NO seperations and now also with a server in a datacenter europe as "dreamed or purposed" a few days ago!?!? gosh, jeeze, we than sure, or a hell lot of male and female chars in here @ 3dx,. own our gizo/lisa and the whole sexgamedevil team a few mindblasting blow jobs or pussy licking that they will never forget^^...ingame of course^^...all u naughty you's^^

6286lxx6222.gif

oh fuk, that means me too, shit! i had no props at all, but for a europran server, well, hehee:

give me loooooooooots of lady drinks and please, please, please SOL, please

mod me a welding helmet or a really, really dark pair of welding sunglasses contentwise

muahahaaaa and thx in advance!!! heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp

20810_sml1.gif

ps:

i must check this later, but its seems already to be working for our french comm sisters and brothers

and thats atleast a very, very nice and bloody good new 3dx-news to read for this weekend!

thank-you-computer-keys1.jpg

and

cartela2.png

It just a proxy server in Europe :) It redirect the request to the server in the US. 

But that should fix all the routing issue peoples were having. 

There no game server in Europe. :)

• 1 month later...