3DXChat Community

Connection Lost

Guest Arya

i just to work... sorry.

Only in the evening I can check.

BTW - i test ping to 3dxchat.com from here (my work office) - lag 230-260 mS. Ping from cellular provider (LG Flex phone/Pinger app) - 270..300 mS.

My condolences to the Chinese - to China lag probably 500...700 milliseconds :D

Gizmo

After ~ 30 test ( this VPN service )  > changing servers... blah blah blah... ip of another country (and test to web new ip)... and ping 3dxchat.com (status inCLoak.com VPN utility - led green, connected) - lag increases. From US servers - about 350-700 ms, from Germany - 300...310 ms..., Latvia S2- 428 mS... ect.

From home :) - 226 mS

VPN makes more lag... +30% minimum...

Again test game from my IP (lag 226 ms). Connection lost after ~ 5 minuts...

This has never been for 3 months. Very sad. Impossible to play.

Update:

Game uninstalled/ folder deleted/ game installed again and patched.

Played 2 hours. 6-7 times - "Connection lost". Impossible to play.

Kills the desire to play. Sex? "Connection lost" and you impotent :) Kills desire to promote the game. Just do not know what to do ...

SOS!!!

:))))

mmmm... port 8124...

I use Win8.1 stock firewall... 3dxchat.exe in the status of "anything goes" to Win8.1 firewall ...

ufff... i need test port 8124 status...

tool http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htmis ok for this ?

And another question - game use TCP only or TCP and UDP? (for open port i need know this)

Yes, i tried switch countries and IP switching work... i switch to US for example and test to web Test my IP site  -if my IP from US... and IP really from US...

OK

Tonight I turn off the firewall. And test the game.

regarding to routing, traffic, connection losses, timeouts and high pings.....just thinking and no need to anwser, but once playeramounts exceed more and more also outside of the US, if sexgamedevil would consider it, if it would make sense one day in the future, money- and playerwise, of also hosting a server in central europe like amsterdam, frankfurt or even somewhere else for the rest of the world, besides only in the US!? and of course, only if one still can play together with all countries without seperating continents!! just thinking and my 2 cents, or in this case, 2 dollars^^ anyway, have a nice day and thx for your work and patience with us gizmo....and as i always say, and just like our patience with sexgamedevil^^

Guest Eddster

regarding to routing, traffic, connection losses, timeouts and high pings.....just thinking and no need to anwser, but once playeramounts exceed more and more also outside of the US, if sexgamedevil would consider it, if it would make sense one day in the future, money- and playerwise, of also hosting a server in central europe like amsterdam, frankfurt or even somewhere else for the rest of the world, besides only in the US!? and of course, only if one still can play together with all countries without seperating continents!! just thinking and my 2 cents, or in this case, 2 dollars^^ anyway, have a nice day and thx for your work and patience with us gizmo....and as i always say, and just like our patience with sexgamedevil^^

I'm with you on the server being over populated and kicking or dropping people theory perhaps. But I am in the US and get a constant 80ms to the server and at times, I receive the same treatment. I definitely don't think the connection lost issue is related to ping from my tests.

Then again, during some of the biggest events this game has had over the past year I have had a stable functioning connection that has never dropped me. It's a very unusual bug that arises and when it does I think everyone experiencing it needs to give as much info on it as possible. Trace routes and pathpings may help. I have no idea but I try to give as much info as possible. That's all we can do! :)

PS As of 270 my client has been stable. No drops. 

Guest Eddster

But.. Since mostly French people seem to have connection problems i doubt that would fix it for everyone.. Especially knowing i have those ports closed myself o.o

Yep, I do as well (Though I have tried opening them when I did have issues) This will arise again (fingers always crossed it doesn't) we just need to continue to stamp it out when it does. Rock on for now! :D

nice to read and glad that you can play again vladok ;)

I'm with you on the server being over populated and kicking or dropping people theory perhaps. But I am in the US and get a constant 80ms to the server and at times, I receive the same treatment. I definitely don't think the connection lost issue is related to ping from my tests.

i know and those were only future thoughts for the company in general!

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/924-we-want-do-this-in-th-game/&do=findComment&comment=36414

and yes, ill visit that psychologist too, straight after U and the other 2,880 members/useres that signed in here^^

for example...since that post of mine above on november 19th till now, in only ca. 2,5 months, nearly 1000 people registered here in the forum up to 3803 and yes i know, those numbers dont represent the players ingame, but 3dx is growing fast and not only in US and i just hope, that the devteam will also grow^^ well, i play with a ping of 180ms, atleast i reach the forum with that and have to check ingame again for the gameserver and thats without even streaming music in my home. if i add that on top, one can imagine, once i like using the sex-movement/speed-slider often manually, how asynchron the slideraction due lag is to that, what i actually see on the screen, atleast sometimes! even without my own streaming! and yes i know, on some days the connections of whoever, to or from wherever -> simply suck, thats "the internet" and its not always the 3dxchat gameserver, it sure isnt! well, others like vlad if i remember, start playing already with a ping 220-250ms and higher if they are lucky and i only can imagine, how people from australia or elsewhere play.

anyway, those were only some future thoughts for the company on 5th february and i dont even know cause they know best, if it a )  would be possible to synch mutiple servers (us/eruope/asia) one day, so that we can still play together and b ) thinking of it right now, i dont even know, if that idea even makes sence anymore, cause even if a sync between servers would be possible, and you would connect through europe, you would still have the "longer" journey to the US! but what do i know, silly me just thinking, sry for a little ontopic offtopic, have a nice weekend and so: <- click me

Yesterday I played for 4 hours. 0 "Connection lost"

OK :)

Ladies and gentlemens

You must know that all the ports of the router (usually) are closed. There are a few ports that are open in the router by default (browser, Skype ... a few other programs). That's all.

To open a port, you must create rules to Windows Firewall.

Windows 7/8/8.1

1. Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall
2. Go to "Advanced Setting"
3. Select "Inbound Rules", and Right Click
4. Select "New Rule..." to menu
5. Mark - Port. Next> Mark - TCP. To "Specific local port" enter port number- 8124 . Next> Mark - Allow the connection . Next> Mark -Domain, Private, Public
6. Next>
7. Enter name to rule. Example - port8124
8. Click [Finish]
9. Select "Outbound Rules", and Right Click
10. Select "New Rule..." to menu
11. Mark - Port. Next> Mark - TCP. To "Specific local port" enter port number- 8124 . Next> Mark - Allow the connection . Next> Mark -Domain, Private, Public
12. Next>
13. Enter name to rule. Example - port8124
14. Click [Finish]

15. Close Windows Firewall interface :)

Done

After this, you must open port to you router

Router -
Routers model are very different.
You need read FAQ for the model of the router installed at you home, something "Port Forwarding" or "Open Port" (Check router model, Google it). And create rule for port 8124.
Example: Netgear WGR614 v6
http://www.noip.com/...r614-v6-router/
Cisco Linksys-E1000
http://portforward.c...raft_Server.htm
OR. :)))

Need to call in a you internet provider support. And ask for help to open port 8124. 5 min and port open :)

Thank you very much Vladok and Gizmo. I did all your steps. Let's see what happen  :)

Gizmo: I spend something like 3000 golds to communicate when we had the issue with chat. Could you compensate it please? Thank you

Can't play tonight :(  Moreover VPN are free trial version that don't give you enough power to load the game. Should we pay a second subscription to play to 3dx?

Same problem, of course I know it won't get fix. 

Even with Vladok's help. Sometimes it works, sometimes not (when it's very crowdy)

Can't play tonight :(  Moreover VPN are free trial version that don't give you enough power to load the game. Should we pay a second subscription to play to 3dx?

Same problem, of course I know it won't get fix. 

Even with Vladok's help. Sometimes it works, sometimes not (when it's very crowdy)

The same here. Totally bored, it becomes very difficult to want to continue playing 3DX under these conditions.

It should be understood that these recommendations relate only to one part of the "Connection Lost" problem.

"Connection Lost"  can happen when

1. My situation (closed port to firewall and router)

2. large lag (there is already need a server in Europe)

3. running some sort of program that actively uses the Internet (browser + 24 opened tabs :))), torrent, etc.)

4. bad ISP

5. weak computer. Game freezes and loses connection to the server.

6. Windows bugs

7, Gizmo bugs :)))

8. Star WARS

9. UFO

10. ect...

Savy? :)