3DXChat Community

Connection Lost

Guest Arya

Yes of course, lot more than lags... And even when you load it, you are not sure to see ONE player. And when you see one player, you might lost connection again... ETC ETC

Same problem here. Connected one hour this morning, got two "connection lost"...

It was very difficult to be connected in the evening (10 pm to 1 am) during a few days this week. Yesterday afternoon was horrible, impossible to play, was unable to load any map. And now, seems to be the same...  The problem disappears around 1 am (in France).

I'm a night bird but sometimes i'd like to play earlier xD, especially week-ends.

My FAI is Orange too.

Sorry for my poor english.

Edit: managed to stay in the game without doing anything special. So random...

We all love orange  :o  :unsure: ...

EDIT: Can't even download the update right now.

EDIT: For those like me who have this lag, you can play with a VPN during the times it's impossible to connect (afternoon, evening in France). it's not fantastic but it actually work. 

There was the same problem last september and the only and unique solution is to connect behind a VPN.

The problem disapeared for few months but it seems come back (maybe it will disapear soon, hope for that).

The issue is with the ISP Orange (like Skar explained), so unless someone call them to explain the problem, it will be continue and come back surely... :(

So to help people who don't know how to connect behind a VPN, this below what software i used...

mysterico, on 19 Sept 2014 - 12:53 AM, said:snapback.png

I use Cyberghost to connect to a VPN.

You can download the setup here --> http://www.cyberghos...rgement/windows

Then you choose a country (or not), personally i always choose the nearest country (UK or Germany).

You connect and normally you can connect here without any problems.

I hope this will help all people with a connection problem (cross fingers for you...  wink.png).

http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/721-france-connection-issues/?p=27367

Thank you Myster, I followed your explaination allready and took CyberGhost. It work with it, even if it is not fabulous.

Thank you so much  :wub:

miss you

Guest Eddster

Constant connection lost once again and i'm not using "Orange" isp. It's SexGameDevils servers and networking. Honestly to blame our isp's when it's so blatantly them is kinda silly. After a near year connecting to their servers. It's definitely them. It tends to be jacked up for a week then they fix it till it's messed up again. Like now.

Thanks Mysterico for the tip :)

Finally yesterday, I didn't have too much loading issues (just in the beginning of the afternoon and then it was ok without using a VPN). But i've got some connections lost, not a big deal cause the game loaded quickly but still.

I now use a VPN when it's the messed up.

Cyber Ghost and choose an automatic location. (It often choose Paris for me so lt's not laggy at all)

It's quite annoying to have to do that but

It's the only solution for now...

Yesterday I found an interesting effect (after new patch).
IMHO.
The game has a time-out protection (?). About 20-25 minutes. If you stay on same pose (dance, sit, ect.) that this time, you risk losing the connection (Connection Lost).

sorry for english people but i'm french.. i'll try a goggle translate after typing in french langage ...

J'ai le meme probleme de chargement et de deconnexions sur plusieurs jeux du meme style (Achat, Second Life, Red Light Center...) et je pense savoir d'ou ca vient..

Lorsque votre isp est en surcharge (trop de connectés!) il bloque en partie les protocoles autres que TCP/IP (celui la permet de surfer sur le net alors pas touche !) de facon a preserver de la bande passante

Helas le jeu fait appel a d'autres protocoles (genre UPN ou autres...) qui sont justement bloques par le FAI.. d'ou pertes de connexion, lag en pagaille et autres joyeusetes...

La seule solution a ma connaissance est de passer par un Proxy ou un VPN (Virtual Private Network) qui fait croire a votre FAI que la connexion vient d'aileurs et qu'il ne doit pas vous bloquer... sauf que le VPN utilise aussi ces autres protocoles ! on tourne un peu en rond non ?

Bref: sans VPN c'est entree impossible, avec VPN c'est du lag en masse mais on arrive a jouer ! (enfin... la plupart du temps ! parce que j'ai encore des moments ou ca merdoie pas mal !)

Derniere precision, je ne suis pas en france metropolitaine mais sur une ile lointaine ou c orange qui a les meilleures connexions ! comme quoi tout peut arriver !

Bon courage quand meme

and now a goggle translate...

I have the same problem of loading and disconnections on multiple sets of the same style (Purchase, Second Life, Red Light Center ...) and I think I know of or just ca ..

When your isp is overloaded (too many connected!) It blocks some of the protocols other than TCP / IP (the one used to surf the net while not touch!), So you preserve bandwidth

Alas the game appeals to other protocols (such UPN or others ...) who are just blocked by the ISP .. so loss of connection, lag in shambles and whatnot ...

The only solution I know is to go through a proxy or VPN (Virtual Private Network) that your ISP has to believe that the connection has aileurs and that it should not block you ... except that the VPN uses also these other protocols! turning around in circles right?

In short: it's free VPN entry impossible with VPN is the lag in bulk but we manage to play! (Well ... most of the time! Because I still times or ac merdoie not bad!)

Last precision, I'm not in metropolitan France but on a remote island where c orange that has the best connections! as if everything can happen!

Good luck anyway

Guest Eddster

@Vlad These connection drops are all well inside of the 5 minute mark at times after logging in.

@Pirate Are you talking about how 3DX is handling this stuff? Why don't they just look to other MMO's for networking help. This is such a long on going issue at this point.

It's not loading it's, 3DX game servers, I have been subbed to this game for a year like I said. I have a connection that totally over exceeds anything this game uses. I download a solid 8.0MB's per second with no data caps or any of that. I have a I7 4970k processor, an AMD r9 280x, 16 GB's of RAM.

Other than all of that I test the game pretty easily by bringing up other MMO's when this issue is going on as a fail safe (Outside of port forwarding, anti virus exceptions, firewall tinkering). If I can launch 3 MMO's and stay connected to all of them but 3DX, yes you got it. It's 3DX. I'm 99% sure it's them. They push out a patch that breaks their networking. A week later they seem to fix it. It's happened a solid 5 or 6 times in this same exact process over the year I have been a member. 

It happens to multiple people all over the world on different ISP's. I'm in the US, some people in this thread are in France. It goes on and on.

The only thing here to do is wait for 3DX to fix their shit. I have troubleshooted this to death whenever it starts going on all you can do is wait for them to fix it.

Loss of connection to the server (Connection lost) after last 269 patch happens every 3-5 minutes.

Play to game IMPOSSIBLE!

Two hours of the 269 patch game - two hours of hell :)

This had never happened before :))). Old patch -I played a few hours and everything was fine.

Excluding the 25-minute "no activity" timeout

Help :)))

lag to 3dxchat.com - 200-250 mSec. 100mBit IDSL connection.  No disconnects from internet to game session. Firewall - 3dxchat open to all connection. Old patch - all ok.

Desktop game computer -GeForce ... 16gB RAM.

To old patch- all ok.

Fantastic, baby © :)))

Ok. Need test.

However, we must check the server /client settings. Big lag is not a reason to kick the user :)