3DXChat Community

Connection Lost

Guest Arya

Hello everyone,

Since few days, I can't load players and when I do, it often disconnect me before loading all players... It is the third time for me this week... It often works again after one hour or more... My connection is not fantastic because I'm living in the country side but never got this problem and it works good...

EDIT: I uninstalled the game and the registry and now I can't even download the game, it's very slow and sometimes stop... My connection is working fine as usual with every other downloads..

EDIT: Thanks to the mirror, it is downloading 800ko/s.. It seems to be something between the server and my connection right? Even the forum is very slow  :unsure:

EDIT: Of course, because updates are not on mirros, it is very very slow to download..  <_<   :unsure:

Forums and Game all are on same server, So if one have problem other do as well. I assume same is with game installers but I can be wrong.

There's a lots of read about DCs, and such around here. just look in technical support.

It seems there's this random issue that occurs to multiple people around the world and it is really random. I used to have it a lot in summer now nothing.

the few fixes that helped was use of VPN, lowering FPS to 30. and that;s pretty much all you can do.

Thanks for the answer Riela  :) I did read some topics but everyone seems to be waiting for it to end

Even if my computer is a beast of war? I will try it.

Yesterday, after I reinstalled the game, I load all night club map and then tried to talk to a friend, she was not able to see my writting and the same for me (except one or two message like "you are here???")

Was really weird because I saw people walking on the dance floor.

EDIT: An other french told me that many people seems to have this problem indeed. I answered him like 3/4 times and I think he didn't get my messages... I can see people writting in local/world but it seems that I can't talk in PM. I'm not even sure that people can see my message in public channels..

EDIT: I spent all my gift to communicate with my friend, it's very annoying. Now we are talking on the forum, trying to fix it.

Yesterday, after I reinstalled the game, I load all night club map and then tried to talk to a friend, she was not able to see my writting and the same for me (except one or two message like "you are here???")

Was really weird because I saw people walking on the dance floor.

EDIT: An other french told me that many people seems to have this problem indeed. I answered him like 3/4 times and I think he didn't get my messages... I can see people writting in local/world but it seems that I can't talk in PM. I'm not even sure that people can see my message in public channels..

This. Same problem here since 3 days. I've an powerfull computer and a good connection.

That's very annoying... Developpers, can you do something about it? It's not a little issue, many people are concerned. It's also very weird for people who are trying to talk to me when they don't see any answer. By the way, I spend something like 2500 golds to talk with a friend so I hope you are going to do something about it too.. I have allways been patient but I need you to answer and to do something. Thank you

Anyone did a tracert command on windows to see if you could reach the server ?

Open command prompt on Windows (black windows that give you a flash back of DOS era)

Type : 

C:\Users\yourusers\ > tracert www.3dxchat.com

The result should look like that : 

post-24-0-77778500-1422569124.png

First, you need to look if you can reach the final destination. The server. The last line of that command should be the 3dxchat server : 192.105.215.52

If you can't reach it, you got a routing problem from where you are and you are screwed. You computer or your internet speed won't save you at all. Only solution is to you a VPN to a location that can reach the server. I know user from part of France got issues for a long time, 

Second, you need to look at the time in "ms", if the number are much much higher then me... it might mean that there a lot of latency between you and the server and again, your computer won't help you much on that issue. If you got a really bad internet connection... it might have a impact but it doesn't mean it the case. 

If you can't reach the server, the issue is probably broken internet and sadly the dev can't do much beside moving the game to a more available Datacenter. 

But if many users from the same region of the world got issue at the same time, I would look at the command I suggest. 

You can also Ping and look at the result in MS or if the server is reachable : 

post-24-0-01046200-1422568814.png

You need to look this time at the latency which is called temps in french. The value shouldn't be in the thousand... 

And also you might want to look if you are losing packet while communicating with the 3dxchat server. 

Hope that post help a little to diagnose the issue that cause that the game is unavailable to some players. 

Take care :)

post-24-0-01046200-1422568814_thumb.png

post-24-0-77778500-1422569124_thumb.png

I can load every area of the games, I can see players, I can see their messages but mine can't be seen by others..

Something stupid but I didn't reset my internet box, maybe it can fix the issue?

I can load every area of the games, I can see players, I can see their messages but mine can't be seen by others..

Something stupid but I didn't reset my internet box, maybe it can fix the issue?

It the first time I hear about that one. 

You can try to reboot your modem and router but I can't garanteed it will solve your issue. 

I wrote in the world channel after rebooting my modem but it seems that the issue is still here.. 

It the first time I hear about that one. 

Yes, it's very weird

EDIT: And when I write something, I can see it in the tchat but it also appaear again in my writting box, like it has been copy paste in it

"Impossible de résoudre le nom du système cible www.3dxchat.com."

About anyone that get a can't resolve the host www.3dxchat.com : 

I can recommand that you change the DNS value on your computer and see if it help. 

I would recommand using Google public DNS server which is 8.8.8.8 (easy to remember)

You need to look at the lower right corner for the network Icon and right click. 

You select the option bellow

post-24-0-18859300-1422572874.png

Than you go and choose modified your network adpater

post-24-0-68149400-1422573097.png

Then you need to pick the right network adpater that should mention connected 

Then you need to pick the right protocole that should be IPv4 and then property. 

Check the box to manually enter the DNS server and filled the space with 8.8.8.8

post-24-0-94355300-1422572883.png

You can then see if it help. In case that you are looking internet, just revert the change and uncheck the box to go back to your router or ISP dns. 

This might help if your issue is a DNS problem. It won't help for latency issue or routing problem. 

Hope it can help a few. 

post-24-0-18859300-1422572874_thumb.png

post-24-0-94355300-1422572883_thumb.png

post-24-0-68149400-1422573097_thumb.png

I wrote in the world channel after rebooting my modem but it seems that the issue is still here.. 

Yes, it's very weird

EDIT: And when I write something, I can see it in the tchat but it also appaear again in my writting box, like it has been copy paste in it

Can you post your latency value if you do a ping ? 

C:\Users\yourusers\ > ping 192.105.215.52 

For me it is between : 

temps=77

temps=80

Yes, you can change it back. 

Can you give me your ping value please ?

It would help to get a idea of the response time between your computer and the server. 

A high response time could explain lag and misbehavior in the game. I would usually think that you would get disconnect with a timeout. 

I never saw the behavior your are describing before. You got a new problem to try to solve -.- lol

"Délai d'attente de la demande dépassé"

Perte 100%

(I'm on ethernet cable, not on wifi)

It's a new puzzle to solve haha....

For some reason, you can't reach the game. If you got Perte at 100%, it impossible for the game to work. You can't reach it. 

If your internet is working properly otherwise, then it might be a routing issue and sadly... the issue is between your IPS, the 3dxchat server and the Internet. 

Can you to that command and give me the result in a private PM please ?

tracert 192.105.215.52

You can tell me also if you get the final line that mean at you reach the server. that line should end with the IP of the server : 192.105.215.52

thank you 

I just check at the data and it seen that you can't reach the server from where you are. 

Sadly, the result of that command exclude pretty much a computer issue or a game issue. 

It the communication between your ISP and the 3dxchat server that seen to be the problem.

You can't really solve that problem by yourself. You can always change provider and even then, it might not help since a lot of user from France and I think from not all the same provider got issues. 

For a solution, kinda : 

You need to use a VPN that would permit you to reach the 3dxchat Server. It basicly tricking the ISP by using another path that is working. 

Or... the Dev need to move the game to a datacenter that is easier to reach from the whole world :(

Using a VPN is really your only option until your ISP or the Internet fix itself... (which I don't know when...)

I might try to write instruction on how to use a VPN service later when I got more time. 

Sorry, I don't think I can help you more. :(

As I told you in private message. 

I never had any problems, my internet connection has no restrictions so why suddently?

I can see people, area, messages I just can't be read by others. I can also send gift to communicate with people. If my connection was unable to connect to the server, It would not allow me to do all that stuff.. I can also interact with people..

:unsure:

EDIT: This issue clearly need devs intervention... Don't they read the technical support thread? One, two, three, four days without being able to play properly? How long? Don't we pay?

EDIT: This happened after all those interface updates.. I'm sure it's linked. Can't we have a repairing patch to solve it? Can't we get some attention? 

As I told you in private message. 

I never had any problems, my internet connection has no restrictions so why suddently?

I can see people, area, messages I just can't be read by others. I can also send gift to communicate with people. If my connection was unable to connect to the server, It would not allow me to do all that stuff.. I can also interact with people..

:unsure:

I can't explained it myself really.

I would try to write to support again if it not already done. 

*keep wondering*

This is a most unusual problem. You can speak and connect, perfectly fine but it won't let you do it the other way... Hmm... Most odd indeed, it doesn't seem to be a connection issue as all your ping values seem to be alright and it should all work fine as you said it worked before so why now. Hmm... I am wondering if you are maybe getting packet loss, as that can be a hindrance with these sorts of problems. It should work for you, very weird that it isn't and the Data Centre for the game is based in the U.S.A. Which is accessible to all the world mainly. Hmm... It is best to contact the devs about this in a support ticket.