3DXChat Community

VPN fix for 3DX

Gman007

It seems from another thread that Verizon FIOS are blocking traffic to the 3DX servers.  If you use Verzon FIOS:

185.71.64.45 is the IP address for the game server.  

Please call Verizon FIOS and ask them to unblock this address for internet traffic across port 8125. 

Edited by Leopardus

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

@Leopardus Are you sure that Verizon is blocking traffic to the 3DX server?

@Gizmo Hi, I am no expert but the information towards the end of the other thread (link below) suggests that Verizon FIOS is a common factor with those people reporting access problems, which seems to be supported by with the timeouts (example above).

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

@Leopardus Are you sure that Verizon is blocking traffic to the 3DX server?

I don't think is FiOS because ever since update this keeps happened all day can you do a test server  please and see if it'll work if you will solve the problem in the East Coast and day 3 I don't play 3dxchat

I can call Verizon and represent ONE customer.  3DXChat can call and represent ALL users. 

The issue happened with the server upgrade & update, it's not reasonable to send us to a third party to fix it.  It is also unreasonable to assume that Verizon started to block 3DXChat during the exact six hour window when the server upgrade was happening.

Besides, The customer support at Verizon says it is NOT blocked, according to XIONN on another thread.  It seems like 3DX is blocking traffic FROM Verizon, not the reverse.  But that is just an assumption.

I will send what info I can to Gizmo.  <sigh>

4 minutes ago, JellyJones said:

I can call Verizon and represent ONE customer.  3DXChat can call and represent ALL users. 

The issue happened with the server upgrade & update, it's not reasonable to send us to a third party to fix it.  It is also unreasonable to assume that Verizon started to block 3DXChat during the exact six hour window when the server upgrade was happening.

Besides, The customer support at Verizon says it is NOT blocked, according to XIONN on another thread.  It seems like 3DX is blocking traffic FROM Verizon, not the reverse.  But that is just an assumption.

I will send what info I can to Gizmo.  <sigh>

So what try to prove 

@GizmoThe Gaming Company has to contact Verizon to get the Game IP address whitelisted. 

Verizon is not going to tell (Consumer) you that they are blocking an IP address or a string of IP addresses because in the United States that is equal to censorship. 

The IP address for the game is now in MOSCOW.  The most affected players on Verizon FIOS are likely to be on the East Coast of the US for obvious reasons. 

I spent more that 4 hours with Verizon Customer Service yesterday and got absolutely no where. This should have been tested, Its not hard to do, especially when you probably already have logs of IP addresses that connect to the game.  Design and run a rudimentary UDP based tool that takes your known user and IP list and do a tracert back to thier IP addresses and Identify that the change in Game IP address would show that an entire major US ISP would be trashed by the move.  

So the answer is YES, 3dxchat moved thier game server IP address to MOSCOW, didn't test connectivity to thier paying subscriptions and didn't identify that they should be contacting the major ISPs in the parts of the world that they have paying customers to ask to have the Game's new IP Address whitelisted so thier subscriptions can connect.

Also, as I predicted in another thread, fixing broke cosmetic shit (Lipstick, patch 424) was decidedly more important than connectivity issues and figuring out why a significant number of clients were not being able to connect.

@ColinDude  Thanks for the assist and helping figure this out with me. I'm thinking @Gizmo and 3dx owes you a lot.

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

We suspect that the block is on the side of Verizon ISP.

While we are looking for a solution to the problem you can use TunnelBear - FREE VPN, work for 3DX confirmed

@Gizmo tunnel bear And next vpn site used work perfect for 3dxchat and @Gizmo mind ask how do come up this game and do know you you will be lots of money off is 

43 minutes ago, Eiranne said:

more important than connectivity issues and figuring out why a significant number of clients were not being able to connect

Don't mislead people please. Verizon users less than 1% of customers. Also, while we are looking for solutions to the problem, we recommend to use a free VPN (https://www.tunnelbear.com/pricing) that allows to play 3DXChat on Verizon ISP.

2 hours ago, Eiranne said:

@GizmoThe Gaming Company has to contact Verizon to get the Game IP address whitelisted. 

Verizon is not going to tell (Consumer) you that they are blocking an IP address or a string of IP addresses because in the United States that is equal to censorship. 

The IP address for the game is now in MOSCOW.  The most affected players on Verizon FIOS are likely to be on the East Coast of the US for obvious reasons. 

I spent more that 4 hours with Verizon Customer Service yesterday and got absolutely no where. This should have been tested, Its not hard to do, especially when you probably already have logs of IP addresses that connect to the game.  Design and run a rudimentary UDP based tool that takes your known user and IP list and do a tracert back to thier IP addresses and Identify that the change in Game IP address would show that an entire major US ISP would be trashed by the move.  

So the answer is YES, 3dxchat moved thier game server IP address to MOSCOW, didn't test connectivity to thier paying subscriptions and didn't identify that they should be contacting the major ISPs in the parts of the world that they have paying customers to ask to have the Game's new IP Address whitelisted so thier subscriptions can connect.

Also, as I predicted in another thread, fixing broke cosmetic shit (Lipstick, patch 424) was decidedly more important than connectivity issues and figuring out why a significant number of clients were not being able to connect.

@ColinDude  Thanks for the assist and helping figure this out with me. I'm thinking @Gizmo and 3dx owes you a lot.

You are correct this is NOT on the Verizon side of the house and Not everyone on the East Coast is affected, People in FLA are able to access the game and have no problems

6 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Don't mislead people please. Verizon users less than 1% of customers. Also, while we are looking for solutions to the problem, we recommend to use a free VPN (https://www.tunnelbear.com/pricing) that allows to play 3DXChat on Verizon ISP.

Less than 1% of your customers... did you figure this out before or after your patch?  Before would have been the right way to do it.... Its not lost on me that you decided not to quote any of the methods in which you could have figured this out, developed a solution, and then put it in place before you moved your servers. Thanks for pointing out your give a shit threshold.

Thanks, I am fine with finding my own VPN, I don't need you making money on my sub, and on a kick back from tunnelbear.

Just now, ColinDude said:

@Eiranne Gizmo created a workaround with a connection point in Washington. That'll probably solve all the connectivity issues. See: https://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/11723-region-select-patch-verizon-fix/

@ColinDude Yes that's good. I read that from the thread that he posted. Some people seem to be having trouble with it the patch methodology. Probably better to download the complete build with that included. I do appreciate the work around being put into place, but it would have been better to test and identify the issue before the patch. Or coordinate whitelisting.  Better late than never.   From his replies and quotes I don't think he is too happy with me, but its okay, I do have a tendency to piss people off.