Jump to content
3DXChat Community
jadekhali

It's been fun Gizmo!

Recommended Posts

....but the clock is ticking and I don't see any hope in sight.

All the membership that signed up for the yearly Christmas deal(and it's massive)  won't be renewing in December unless some miracle happens for you .....and miracles are in short supply these days.....

I enjoyed my stay here '........and was even willing to give you the same 5 months it took RLC to repair itself from this same attack......we've gone far past that point now .....

You had a nice thing here........but I guess nothing is forever........goodbye my friend.......

Screenshot_1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe you should consider some alternative activities to mix in with your 3DX playing time. For example, right now I am volunteering at a storage facility sorting clothes for the less fortunate. After that, I’m going to make some nachos. And then go to work.

 

Something to consider.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, jadekhali said:

All the membership that signed up for the yearly Christmas deal(and it's massive)  won't be renewing in December unless some miracle happens for you

And you know this? How?

Got a magic 8ball that tells you what everyone is thinking hmm?

I for one will renew, I haven’t lost hope yet. 
Good luck in your future endeavors, won’t lie and say I’ll miss ya, because I won’t. 
Reckon the game will be a better place if you and those like you skedaddle on out of here. 
 

Toodles~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeahhh, agree with all above    :     it is not understandable that what has been done in the past 4 months (we don't minimize these efforts) is still useless to keep the game safe from these so called "DDOS" attacks   :   are'nt we paying for a service ?

ChloéLove

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You really need to just look a the log file and see who what where when why is attacking. These are likely amateurs, members or staff from one of the other games. To hide their identity they need anonymous proxy servers. These are often in the form of an unsuspecting mis configured  server. So their little program starts scanning for anonymous proxy servers to use as relay and hide their location. As it locates them it must test their integrity to ensure hey do not leaking any of their information. As it starts to build a list of usable proxy servers then it can begin the attack. Its not all peaches and cream. Finding these usable proxies is harder than the attack itself and they must constantly search and find usable ones. Most likely the attacker has some dependable proxies in his list too. These could be blacklisted manually. These servers usually have their own security and after being used they soon quit working. The proxies will likely come in blocks, most likely coming from China. You could theoretically block all of China and likely end the attacks. I have used these tools not to hack but defensively when paranoia and tin hats were in fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 1:06 PM, jadekhali said:

....but the clock is ticking and I don't see any hope in sight.

All the membership that signed up for the yearly Christmas deal(and it's massive)  won't be renewing in December unless some miracle happens for you .....and miracles are in short supply these days.....

I enjoyed my stay here '........and was even willing to give you the same 5 months it took RLC to repair itself from this same attack......we've gone far past that point now .....

You had a nice thing here........but I guess nothing is forever........goodbye my friend.......

 


My spidey senses tell me that you are not going anywhere. You will complain for a bit and stick around anyhow, like everyone else does. 

You need to understand that you have not said anything that hasn't already been said a million times. You are one of many thousands of people here. You are not special or more important than any one else here, even though you desperately want to be. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, Spotlight said:


My spidey senses tell me that you are not going anywhere. You will complain for a bit and stick around anyhow, like everyone else does. 

You need to understand that you have not said anything that hasn't already been said a million times. You are one of many thousands of people here. You are not special or more important than any one else here, even though you desperately want to be. 
 

As a "newbie" I think you should know that Safe Haven was here before you......and it will be here after you    :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jadekhali said:

As a "newbie" I think you should know that Safe Haven was here before you......and it will be here after you    :)

As a "newbie" you should know that "Safe Haven" was before you too lol But who i am to tell you how to take someones things :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jadekhali said:

As a "newbie" I think you should know that Safe Haven was here before you......and it will be here after you    :)

I'm sorry to shatter your over inflated ego but I have been in 3dx since it's beginning. You have been here not even 2 years? I could be wrong but I think you just recently celebrated your 1 year anniversary. That makes you the newbie my dear. My point still stands. You are not going anywhere. You are trying to use the "act of leaving 3dx" as if it is some kind of horrible scenario that could take place. The fact is that once again, you are one of many thousands of people here. You are not any more important than anyone else. The idea that you are somehow significant to the success of 3dx is mildly amusing. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to state first off that im here more then a year just to get that out of the way incase anyone was to get there panties in a bunch with anything i have too say and tell me "im not here long enough to comment "

people are going to come and go it is what it is ...people get tired of downtime ...DC's .....busted chat and there is little we as members can do but kick back and wait it out but after awhile it does get old ...anyone who leaves and moves on has the right and the right too speak there mind tho it wont change the facts that 3DX needs too find away around all these attacks soon 

10yrs ago we didnt have half the scumbags online that we do now with nothing better too do then screw with sites like this ...why they do it and what they get from it is beyond me ...this isnt a job that someone was fired from that they are giving payback by trashing the servers keeping paying members out and causing 3dx to loose money 

there maybe 1000s of member's but hardly ever more then 500-700 in game at anytime if that so any loss does matter ...there is no investment here but a monthly sub (if you pay that way) people who build who may loose because the server dies and causes issues yes those people suffer as they would in any game as they loose time spent and work done 

i am a 11yr vet of RLC ad when i started there was 2500-3500 memebers online all weekend ..weekdays and week nights 2k easy and then promises of better things were told and as everyone knows that never happened and when it did it didnt work so well now you handly see 1k a day ....Second life as well fell apart but they found a way back too having better numbers again ...bottom line is games like that have investments and returns they fix there shit fast cuz they have no choice and sadly both game engines are much older then 3dx but yet have alot more too offer 

people may leave here or say that and dont as they just make another avi and change there name ...happens everyday and that too is old im here around 5yrs now and i do like it and wont leave tho i dont put the hours here i have and do in RLC due to the fact there isnt much too do ...if this place is going to survive it will need more then poses and hairstyles but before anything else we need a stable server .....untill that happens threads like this are going to be around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 8:43 PM, KeshaBisha said:

The proxies will likely come in blocks, most likely coming from China. You could theoretically block all of China and likely end the attacks

And what about Chinese players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Spotlight said:

I'm sorry to shatter your over inflated ego but I have been in 3dx since it's beginning. You have been here not even 2 years? I could be wrong but I think you just recently celebrated your 1 year anniversary. That makes you the newbie my dear. My point still stands. You are not going anywhere. You are trying to use the "act of leaving 3dx" as if it is some kind of horrible scenario that could take place. The fact is that once again, you are one of many thousands of people here. You are not any more important than anyone else. The idea that you are somehow significant to the success of 3dx is mildly amusing. 🙂

Ur pretty funny for a "newb"......why pretend to be a newb?.....Everyone hates you or you were banned?

Edited by jadekhali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, jadekhali said:

Ur pretty funny for a "newb"......why pretend to be a newb?.....Everyone hates you or you were banned?

Oh, Jade started to judge people by herself lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 7:06 PM, jadekhali said:

....but the clock is ticking and I don't see any hope in sight.

All the membership that signed up for the yearly Christmas deal(and it's massive)  won't be renewing in December unless some miracle happens for you .....and miracles are in short supply these days.....

I will renew. There are only two scenarios why I wouldn’t.
1) I physically can’t 😞
2) We get enough free days that I don’t need to renew this Xmas but next one 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Xizl said:

And what about Chinese players?

They are only allowed to view state approved sites and 3dxchat in not on the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, KeshaBisha said:

They are only allowed to view state approved sites and 3dxchat in not on the list.

It all depends on what part of China they are in. Anyway, it`s their business what to look or play in the web.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jadekali said:

Well.....we've gone an entire week without a DC.......Gizmo may be able to prevent the "Christmas Exodus" after all    :)

How sooo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...