3DXChat Community

Get your things done, SexGameDevil!

Feuermond

2 hours ago, AnnLis said:

@Gizmo
What I would like to know ... are we still running on a test server? Because it was said as long as the game is in this condition we will not be charged with any costs. The server may be more stable then before but seriously this is still no acceptable state we are in, thanks to the status page from @ColinDude we can see  how often the game is down. 

I quote the status page here "There has been 12 outages the past 7 days, with a total downtime of 2 hours." Some of those are just seconds but it is enough to get a dc from the game and then facing multiple bugs like the infamous offline bug. 

So what is the cause of the actual downtime right now, technical work on the server or a DDos? Those are different things. You can take a look at the stats yourself the amount of outages is increasing again after the change on the new server this means we are still not in a stable condition. 

What is the biggest problem at the moment? Lack of communication! What are you working on at the moment how is the status of the game, what is the roadmap for the next weeks? There was no update on the progress for weeks now.

The Build 422 was released on July 28 this is over a month with no progress. From the announced things we still are missing the following but so far we don't know anything:
Future releases:
- Bugfixes;

Future plans:
- Moderation of User Worlds.

I know polls for pose editor and we voted yes (over to years ago), remarks of Gizmo that we do not need ghosts if we have a pose editor, we had some shots of customizable clothes and hair and "they" will keep us informed (which they did not since over a year not) and had a poll for XGold transfer in Discord between users but all "they" did was some links and old room order back to provoke XGold buying for real money.

The Bugfix announcement is as old as the 5 years I am in the game and so are big features we shall stay tuned for. SexGameDevil does not even announce anymore which bugs got fixed. Not any bug users complain most of ever got fixed: Dislocated avatars, not proper loaded avatars, invisable avatars (no ignore issue). The "Moderation of User Worlds" is just another announced feature form which I think we will never hear about again. There was not any clear statement why the features are not implemented or on how the status and the concrete time schedule is, never anything except the "stay tuned" slogan just to come with another feature we shall stay tuned for.

5 hours ago, XeniaLynn said:

@Gizmo & @Lisa: Surely you guys are just as tired of this constant ranting. Don't you guys think it's time to do something about it?

Think they will ban people (like me) complaining before changing things with 3DX to the better. - As long as there is no adequate alternative from a concurrent it's easier to ban and delete critic than to solve problems. Maybe I would be the same and as long as money comes in not be interested in any complaints. Not sure if broken communication promises and all the talking about features that neve came to life could be an juridical relevant issue, depends on the country you live in I think.

9 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The server is under DDOS attack, we are working on a solution. Please follow our Discord or this topic

where all the game time and gold i never got any?

September 5, 2020

[9:19 PM] Gizmo: Hey guys! The server is not available. We are aware of the situation and are trying to solve the problem together with the data center engineers.
All active players will receive game time and xgold compensation!

September 10, 2020

[11:32 AM] Gizmo: Dear 3DXChat Community,

The unstable work of the game in recent days was caused by DDoS attacks on our server. Together with the data center engineers, we managed to stabilize the situation.
We monitor suspicious activity and improve our protection methods.

All active players will receive compensation of game time and xgold.

September 17, 2020

3:39 AM] Gizmo: Dear 3DXChat Community,
The game server is undergoing technical work. The connection to the game may be lost for several hours. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding!

5 hours ago, zigzag said:

where all the game time and gold i never got any?

September 5, 2020

[9:19 PM] Gizmo: Hey guys! The server is not available. We are aware of the situation and are trying to solve the problem together with the data center engineers.
All active players will receive game time and xgold compensation!

September 10, 2020

[11:32 AM] Gizmo: Dear 3DXChat Community,

The unstable work of the game in recent days was caused by DDoS attacks on our server. Together with the data center engineers, we managed to stabilize the situation.
We monitor suspicious activity and improve our protection methods.

September 17, 2020

3:39 AM] Gizmo: Dear 3DXChat Community,
The game server is undergoing technical work. The connection to the game may be lost for several hours. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your understanding!

Although I haven't seen an increase in Xgold either. My subscription was supposed to end in November... And I have 150 days remaining. Unless I forgot how to math... that feels like there has been compensation on game time though.

The rate limiting problems that have cropped up  are ample proof that there are indeed DDOS type issues happening.  It will take awhile to properly configure the rate limiting though , I know it was one of the more complex things we had to setup at work because it seemed  some router traffic would report everything that came from certain address blocks as being from the same IP, or all from the router itself as opposed to the initial client.   I don't know if that is at work here with the errors, but it gives me enough background to understand that rate limiting can be complex and the threshholds and whitelists and blacklists need to be tweaked carefully.

Meanwhile , to say that 3dx isnt being attacked because other sites aren't being attacked is pretty ridiculous. 

I'd like to point out the games servers themselves may not be being ddos'd, but the host IP most likely is. This could be verizon, AT&T, etc...all of which get ddos'd all the time, you just never notice it much because they typically have in place anti ddos measures that will prevent all but the most mass brute force attacks and effects only the most small of servers. Even a huge company like Blizzard/Activision, has issues from time to time with ddos attacks, to the point where they have to issue game time and other compensation. I am reminded that during Blizzard's legion expansion, they were having serious issues with ddos from one particular group (they were caught, arrested, and convicted). Rather than go after the giants now, most ddos' go after smaller companies, as they do not typically have the resources available to stop such attacks however your cash flow allows those smaller companies to garner the resources to prevent such attacks in the future. Be realistic. its not as simple of a thing as you think it is.

Edited by Laerael

17 hours ago, Gizmo said:

The server is under DDOS attack, we are working on a solution. Please follow our Discord or this topic

This dude links to a post from JUNE 19TH! lol that's his only response? "Hi here's something that's been happening for THREE MONTHS STRAIGHT, that should answer all your concerns!"

11 hours ago, XeniaLynn said:

Although I haven't seen an increase in Xgold either. My subscription was supposed to end in November... And I have 150 days remaining. Unless I forgot how to math... that feels like there has been compensation on game time though.

that was all the days they gave us a few months ago for the DDOS attack when the game was down for days