3DXChat Community

Radio Connect Is Very Unreliable

Xaufin

I'm running Mixxx through Shoutcast to my room. I think the number of times it's connected immediately in the past two months was maybe once.

Sometimes I have to keep clicking 'Play' or clicking Turn Off and Play again to eventually get audio.
Sometimes I don't get audio until I rejoin my room.

At the moment, nothing is working. No solution has ever reliably worked, so I'm wondering where the issue is. Is it 3DX, Shoutcast, or Mixxx?

1. Does anyone know of a way to test my shoutcast stream link other than entering it in 3DX?
  2. Any recommendation for a better or more reliable combination of tools to use for DJ?

29 minutes ago, Xaufin said:

I'm running Mixxx through Shoutcast to my room. I think the number of times it's connected immediately in the past two months was maybe once.

Sometimes I have to keep clicking 'Play' or clicking Turn Off and Play again to eventually get audio.
Sometimes I don't get audio until I rejoin my room.

At the moment, nothing is working. No solution has ever reliably worked, so I'm wondering where the issue is. Is it 3DX, Shoutcast, or Mixxx?

1. Does anyone know of a way to test my shoutcast stream link other than entering it in 3DX?
  2. Any recommendation for a better or more reliable combination of tools to use for DJ?

You should be able to put the link directly into a browser and it will play.

Also, in your Centova-Cast there should be options and links to use. Often code for a player is there (At least all mine so far have had this from different companies.)

1. Are you using a reputable service?
  2. Have you shut the server down and restarted it?
  3. Has the main host made any software upgrades to it or changed settings?
  4. Have you checked yuor Centova Cast for "quick llinks" (usually under the general tab) or widgets to use to play in different ways (like winamp, etc)
  5. Are you sure there isn't a port issue?

(I haven't had any issues lately.)

Edited by THX

18 minutes ago, Xaufin said:

Pasting the link in a browser just has a page with 'The file you requested could not be found

And the embedded radionomy player preview had no sound while playing. I'm thinking Mixxx is the problem then.

That sux. Sounds like it isn't the right thing to paste into the browser. Should be a web address.

2 hours ago, Xaufin said:

Pasting the link in a browser just has a page with 'The file you requested could not be found

And the embedded radionomy player preview had no sound while playing. I'm thinking Mixxx is the problem then.

Try using another streaming service than radionomy, I've had issues with that service in the past 😊

Personally, the only thing i can hear in the radio of our private homes is private streams. If i enter a room playing one of the game radios, i can't hear it

Before i was using My radio stream to play my music, but i've found another site which offer the same service than them (and even more as i can set it as "auto DJ", not available in my radio stream) and plus, for myradiostream i had to pay 6€20 per month and with this other site it's for free.

Ps: this site is called Zeno Media, and it work with winamp, mixxx and some others music programs