3DXChat Community

A message to a pair of incompetent developers

JustJessie

On 9/7/2020 at 12:44 PM, chloe said:

First, the memory leak effected all - in this time we had only a 32bit version of the game and 32bit limits the memory consumption of a single application to 4gb. If you had less crashes be happy. I and others where heavily affected and the work around to rejoin every x minutes a crowded room was very annoying.

Memory leak in 32bit client affected people very differently. I am not sure how exactly it worked,  if it was about the better CPU or faster memory or dual/single channel or anything, but people with weak PCs were getting crashes much more often than people with good PCs. I can say it for sure. It also seems to had dependency on location and time spent in the same location. For example, crashes were a pretty often thing in Sin club. Especially if you sat there for long and your PC is far from good. 

23 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Memory leak in 32bit client affected people very differently. I am not sure how exactly it worked,  if it was about the better CPU or faster memory or dual/single channel or anything, but people with weak PCs were getting crashes much more often than people with good PCs. I can say it for sure. It also seems to had dependency on location and time spent in the same location. For example, crashes were a pretty often thing in Sin club. Especially if you sat there for long and your PC is far from good. 

For me while hosting, i was following the memory consumption, and when the game was reaching 3Mb, you crashed, rejoining the room was making this consumption drop and then it was slowly going up again, even if noone new was coming in the room.

54 minutes ago, Xizl said:

For Pcs with 4GB of Ram only or shared memory - true but beside this  I was unable to see a pattern. Just as Torax said as longer as you staid in a location the memory consumption increased more and more until you switched the room or crashed. Anyway - we dont have this bug anymore but plenty of others.