3DXChat Community

Here we go again

Kristine

1 hour ago, ⚜ɛҳƈɛƖƖɛŋƈɛ⚜ said:

Yes, sure and the same thing happens with most of games in the web. Just an excuse. All developers just fool us in the world. Such a normal conspiracy. Nothing new there.

Why didn't they do it earlier, so massively? ^_^

Apologist detected :D

You don't even have an active subscription, do you, Ex? :)

2 minutes ago, Nikki said:

She has. I annoy her whenever I find her. :D

oh I see :D I remember for a while she didn't have any active sub not long ago, didn't even play the game anymore, still was hugging the forums and trying to speak for the devs :P

Edited by Tsela

Never underestimate the amount & dedication of people, that get off on ruining others online-experience. There's always a chance, that while we're all pissed, there's a basement somewhere, where the scene pictured below, is taking place as we speak.

(You're right though. Unless the person behind "Gizmo" is a certain guy from North Korea, the one with the world's most daring and thrill-seeking personal hairdresser, the amount of suspected DDOS attacks is ridiculous)

Well, guess the forum is suffering from glitches & bugs as well. My post was, of course, intended as a reply to Nikki's...

Nerds.jpg

Edited by lePatrick

24 minutes ago, Tsela said:

Apologist detected :D

Wrong.

24 minutes ago, Tsela said:

You don't even have an active subscription, do you, Ex? :)

And wrong again ^^

I have 6 months lol Where do you take such conclusions? Its strange.

Edited by ⚜ɛҳƈɛƖƖɛŋƈɛ⚜

23 minutes ago, Tsela said:

oh I see :D I remember for a while she didn't have any active sub not long ago, didn't even play the game anymore, still was hugging the forums and trying to speak for the devs :P

That`s how someone`s logic works....without facts, but based on rumors. :lol: I have active subscription for long time already.

2 hours ago, Tsela said:

3dxchat is nowhere near the size of any big organisation to be worth the investment to keep up a serious DDOS attack. The thing is that the security measures are simply trash level here. And some silly kid can pull this without any problem. It's a small server with a couple of hundreds of daily players, dropping every day, and some trash security. What did you expect...

Of course, that wasn't my point.  My point was that the cost and effort to stop DDOS attacks never ends if someone is determined and skilled enough to launch an attack and for smaller organisations with relatively limited resources it can be especially difficult.

Edited by Leopardus

43 minutes ago, Nikki said:

DDOS is just like Covid now. Someone dies, its that....

Just bad servers is all... who would maintain a DDoS attack against such a small game company for this amount of time. Doesent make sense.

It makes sense if you are a religious zealot or if you have some other cause you believe in strongly enough to want to disrupt the game.  It might not seem reasonable to you or I...but to them it can be the be all and end all of their raison d'etre.

On 9/10/2020 at 5:20 PM, Gizmo said:

Please see my post here 

grafik.png.3448abc82be5f35a24335622decabfbd.png

grafik.png.7a8df22bc81e26196aa34b2a07fc4322.png

grafik.png.726679ba7a338735e6d0ae7dd9edf743.png

grafik.png.cdf13da5947e45ef7defc013ee1021a9.png

It's really so stable now..

Interesting are the reports of people who will not renew because 3DX is the only game facing this issue again and again since month. I think 3DX is still going straight to its end.

We gotta see things in perspective here.

Yes, I get it, getting disconnected while in the middle of an amazing session, if it's being with friends at a party or enjoying each other privately, it sucks. It sucks BIG time. Experienced that myself quite a few times.

However, looking at the past week, there is an uptime of 99,6 % achieved. That's 40 minutes downtime in the period of 7 days. So you can definitely say that things are improving. We didn't forget the "old server", with his daily downtimes around EU prime-time?

We all know 100 % uptime cannot be guaranteed, however, the question could be, how much downtime is acceptable?

48 minutes ago, ColinDude said:

We gotta see things in perspective here.

Yes, I get it, getting disconnected while in the middle of an amazing session, if it's being with friends at a party or enjoying each other privately, it sucks. It sucks BIG time. Experienced that myself quite a few times.

However, looking at the past week, there is an uptime of 99,6 % achieved. That's 40 minutes downtime in the period of 7 days. So you can definitely say that things are improving. We didn't forget the "old server", with his daily downtimes around EU prime-time?

We all know 100 % uptime cannot be guaranteed, however, the question could be, how much downtime is acceptable?

That's true - it is much more stable again but still there is some room for improvement.

We should also not forget that we now see every downtime even than we are not online. Before we had this handy tool from Colin most DC situations were not even noticed by the majority.

Edited by chloe

On 9/13/2020 at 1:35 PM, jadekhali said:

Of course Ex no longer has an active account......even Ex is not THAT stupid    🤣

She didn't have for a good while, she even admitted it, but she was still trying to speak for the devs on the forums back then. Apparently she resumed her sub eventually. 

Well anyway. :)

Edited by Tsela

On 9/13/2020 at 5:44 AM, Feuermond said:

grafik.png.3448abc82be5f35a24335622decabfbd.png

grafik.png.7a8df22bc81e26196aa34b2a07fc4322.png

grafik.png.726679ba7a338735e6d0ae7dd9edf743.png

grafik.png.cdf13da5947e45ef7defc013ee1021a9.png

It's really so stable now..

Interesting are the reports of people who will not renew because 3DX is the only game facing this issue again and again since month. I think 3DX is still going straight to its end.

grafik.png.004dbc6eba66a53e06c04b44215f17eb.png

grafik.png.e450038c4abc7c580fc5e356a08c20d4.png

Onging DC crap, seems not possible for SexGameDevil to fight a problem since month. I wonder why other games are successful in that.

grafik.png.27c42abf89bebd1645ce34bb30abdb4c.png

And again... That has to be a really big compensation or finally to admit you have no idea how to stop the attacks and that it can easily be the end of 3DX. It is time to get things done, bugs fixed, getting really professional help to fix bugs, fight the attacks and to release all promised updates and give regular status reports on everything as promissed. @Gizmo

Edited by Feuermond