3DXChat Community

Here we go again

Kristine

On 9/7/2020 at 7:09 PM, YenneferVengerberg said:

the settings are the same as always, only these days he did so then he settles at the end of the weekend :)
remains the bitter for the total lack of information, and a real disgust

Hi, the 3dxchat server status tool has a new facility that allows testing of the pathways and response times to the game servers etc from your own location.  I would suggest you run this test a number of times over a period and record your results.  If you post the results here then possibly someone with the right knowledge ( e.g. @ColinDude) might be able to see where the issue is occurring, even if they won't necessarily be able to fix it.  The point is that it might not be 3dxchat that is the problem but something else in between.

You can access the server status tool with the local ping test either here:

https://3dxchat-status.com/selftest

or following the link on the Server Status page here:

https://3dxchat-status.com

or via the link in the thread below (there is also some other advice on the server status website about some things to check to help get a better connection).  Good luck...

Edited by Leopardus

Sorry kids...no joy yet. Connection lasts for a moment only then drops again. I would go ahead and bypass all of the "The Devs suck/No they don't" drama here and just go take a break for awhile.

I'mma go watch the trailer for Denis Villaneuve's DUNE again...god DAMN it looks good!

Cheers, 

Laz

Edited by Fyrefly
Added link

1 hour ago, Feuermond said:

My wallet will be under DDoS attacks soon too. I will compensate with offering game time and XGold subtraction.

Banks can be under ddos attacks as well.

https://www.bankinfosecurity.com/2020-cyber-threats-trends-attacks-a-14229

1 hour ago, zigzag said:

DDOS is a excuse the server unstable and continues to go down

Yes, sure and the same thing happens with most of games in the web. Just an excuse. All developers just fool us in the world. Such a normal conspiracy. Nothing new there.

Why didn't they do it earlier, so massively? ^_^

Edited by ⚜ɛҳƈɛƖƖɛŋƈɛ⚜

My organisation plans to spend an additional £20m (approx $25m) over the next 3 years, on top of the many millions they already spend on security measures to defend against ddos attacks and similar.  If your organisation is a target for attacks for any reason (industrial espionage, national security, spying, political stance, moral stance, religious zeal, etc) then there is no end to how much it can cost to put in effective defence measures.  And cyber threats are always trying to be one step ahead of the defence mechanisms.

Let's hope that those attacking 3dx (probably on a dubious moral or religious ticket, but possibly a rival game or disenfranchised user) are not too sophisticated or determined to keep upping their game.

Edited by Leopardus

58 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

My organisation plans to spend an additional £20m (approx $25m) over the next 3 years, on top of the many millions they already spend on security measures to defend against ddos attacks and similar.  If your organisation is a target for attacks for any reason (industrial espionage, national security, spying, political stance, moral stance, religious zeal, etc) then there is no end to how much it can cost to put in effective defence measures.  And cyber threats are always trying to be one step ahead of the defence mechanisms.

Let's hope that those attacking 3dx (probably on a dubious moral or religious ticket, but possibly a rival game or disenfranchised user) are not too sophisticated or determined to keep upping their game.

3dxchat is nowhere near the size of any big organisation to be worth the investment to keep up a serious DDOS attack. The thing is that the security measures are simply trash level here. And some silly kid can pull this without any problem. It's a small server with a couple of hundreds of daily players, dropping every day, and some trash security. What did you expect...

Edited by Tsela