3DXChat Community

Invisible objects and teleporting Bug

Drewd006x

I am adding to my map.  But now I am trying to spawn in a newly created location and I take a step and am teleported above on some invisible object.  What is going on?  Now there are invisible objects in places that there were not on my older part of the map.  This is a downloaded map as the base so maybe  there is something to do with that...   What is going on?  Why do I keep teleporting above to something invisible??? Thx

2020-09-01 07_50_38-3DXChat.png

2020-09-01 07_50_57-3DXChat.png

Its not really resizing the sphere that is the problem, its if you reshape it, the original dimensions of the widest points are retained. Trees work like this too if you reshape them, they have this invisible barrier.

This is a pic from a sphere I made big enough to walk over, now there are points and areas on this where the character will be in the air a little and the bigger you make the sphere the greater that gap will be, but not the miles-away gap you will see if you reshape it.

The way around this if youre after a half or full sphere look without the barriers is the quarter prim x 4 or 8 works well and allows you to reshape the sphere. Its a lot more work involved, especially if youre doing oblong as you have to round off and size each piece to fit with the others as you cant copy and flip any of the single pieces.

If youre just after an even sloping ground into the water or landscape then the cone works well for that.

sphere.JPG

quart.JPG

cone.JPG

Edited by JenC