3DXChat Community

Game and the Official site getting blocked by Kaspersky

Manilka

Has anyone else got the same issue? From today onwards my Kaspersky Internet Security is blocking the 3dxChat game and the Website both.

It says 

PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic

Im pretty sure I got the application from the official site

For the website it says Dangerous url blocked

This is what https://opentip.kaspersky.com/ says for 3dxchat.com

image.thumb.png.7e9a2a2319e24506662ff0f520bbf675.png

Edited by Manilka
attached the kaspersky site resultsfor 3dxchat site

Could you upload the 3dxchat.exe to here and make a screenshot of the results?

https://virusscan.jotti.org/

That site scans using 15 different virusscanners. Using my 3dxchat.exe, none of them found any threat. So this is most likely a false-positive from the virus scanner. But please upload your 3dxchat.exe here to make sure!

@ColinDude, I scanned the 3DXChat.exe using Kaspersky locally as well. Then Kaspersky do not complain about any threat.

Its only when I tr y to start the application it complains about the malicious behavior. I m guessing maybe when it tries to connect to the server Kaspersky detects it as a threat

image.png.f44a75793beb2a914bcfe7bc15a290c2.png

Also, since you requested, here's the results of the scan you requested

image.thumb.png.b087abb37f1b467d20e89bb09fdc275f.png

Edited by Manilka
added requested details

3 hours ago, Burgundy said:

I had to disable my Web Anti Virus to solve this problem. Once I'm done using 3dx I'll turn it back on

I don't think I'm going to disable the Web Anti Virus without knowing a proper reason for this. 

1 hour ago, ffan said:

Same issue here, it's not the exe itself file but the link to https://3dxchat.com site that triggers a "suspicious behavior" of the application.

Yes, this seems to be the case. Somehow 3dxchat.com is flagged at the side of Kaspersky.

I just asked Kaspersky to re-evaluate the block.

Also, all the Kaspersky users could try to add 3dxchat.com to the whitelist. Instructions here: https://itstillworks.com/unblock-sites-kaspersky-28194.html

16 minutes ago, ColinDude said:

Yes, this seems to be the case. Somehow 3dxchat.com is flagged at the side of Kaspersky.

I just asked Kaspersky to re-evaluate the block.

Also, all the Kaspersky users could try to add 3dxchat.com to the whitelist. Instructions here: https://itstillworks.com/unblock-sites-kaspersky-28194.html

Good, but quoting above and due to the recent DDOS attacks I don't really know if the main site has some trouble and the situation is safe to add the link to the threats exclusion or if it's just a false positive from the antivirus.

32 minutes ago, UgoBonarroti said:

is not only karspesky but also Windows defender clocking it 

Karspersky removed it and I cant find a new down load on line. this is getting stranger 

What do you mean that you cant find a new down load on line? Kaspersky usually moves the exe into the quarantine section.

Edited by ffan

Perhaps the website has got an expired security certificate that the virus software scanners are identifying - that could explain why more than one software platform is suddenly reacting at the same time.

Edited by Leopardus

Uninstall Kaspersky and switch to user friendly Anti Virus software like ESET in example or just use Windows Defender, it's good, surely better than most of popular AV softwares on the market like Avast, AVG and it's lightweight.

Kaspersky was made for paranoics, sagnificantly slows down devices (mainly noticable in games) and tends to throw random false positives. It also gathers user data and sends it to Russia, another reason to avoid using it.

22 minutes ago, StellaXOXO said:

Uninstall Kaspersky and switch to user friendly Anti Virus software like ESET in example or just use Windows Defender, it's good, surely better than most of popular AV softwares on the market like Avast, AVG and it's lightweight.

Kaspersky was made for paranoics, sagnificantly slows down devices (mainly noticable in games) and tends to throw random false positives. It also gathers user data and sends it to Russia, another reason to avoid using it.

I have not this problem with Kaspersky, he make nothing when i was on game because I set it up so that I'm the one who does it manually.

and i'm not sure windows defender was good, the day when you going to have big problem with virus, i don't think he go solve that correctly :P

After for some people, for sure it can be difficult to configure :)

Edited by Alexir

12 hours ago, Manilka said:

Has anyone else got the same issue? From today onwards my Kaspersky Internet Security is blocking the 3dxChat game and the Website both.

It says 

PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic

Im pretty sure I got the application from the official site

For the website it says Dangerous url blocked

This is what https://opentip.kaspersky.com/ says for 3dxchat.com

image.thumb.png.7e9a2a2319e24506662ff0f520bbf675.png

100 % same here , did add the official version of 3DXCHAT to kasperky but when I log in , I dont see my house on the "land"  and get a small green window  .......something like encryption length ........... so if I like to play in 3DX I have to shut off my firewall/ant-virus  Kaspersky, till yesterday 08/30/2020 I had not any problems at all, someone able to help or give advice ? bought 1 week ago a subscription for Kaspersky , so feel sad to throw it away. 

Just now, Jenny Lakeland said:

100 % same here , did add the official version of 3DXCHAT to kasperky but when I log in , I dont see my house on the "land"  and get a small green window  .......something like encryption length ........... so if I like to play in 3DX I have to shut off my firewall/ant-virus  Kaspersky, till yesterday 08/30/2020 I had not any problems at all, someone able to help or give advice ? bought 1 week ago a subscription for Kaspersky , so feel sad to throw it away. 

I'm not really sure it's about Kaspersky, i think it's a more a problem about the security of 3dxchat games and site, but i make that too for the moment, and i go retry with ON antivirus in some day, for see if something change.