3DXChat Community

Interface Click-Though Issues

DireTeddyBear

What did you do to the interface? There has always been a problem with click through, where you click on something and it clicks on everything behind it as well. It makes closing PM windows a REAL PAIN IN THE ASS.

Now it makes Save Selected to File almost useless. Every time I get something selected and try to click that menu choice, it also clicks on whatever is behind the menu selection, removing the focus from whatever I selected to save. It's getting really bad.

I'm in Window mode

And Hi Diana!

It's not that the coordinates are off, it's that it clicks on the menu choice *and* whatever is behind it. Like when you close a PM and your avi starts moving towards that spot. It allows you to click on multiple things with a single click. 

FYI - I'm a programmer for over 30 years. I've done interface work, although I've not seen a problem like this before. I'm fairly certain I can see what's happening, it's just never been this bad before. It's always affected the PM closing, everyone has experienced this. However now it's interfering with the Save Selected to File where it's never been a problem in the past. To me this seems to indicate they have made further changes to the interface that have somehow affected this aspect. I'm hoping they read this and take a look at their mouse interface layer. It's always had a problem that is now getting worse.

I have never experienced this, so whilst it might be rooted in a code issue or similar, it also suggests you are experiencing it because of something local at your end - for example the specific combination of settings you are using or your mouse software conflicts.

Have you tried in the opposite of Windows mode (I forget what it is called)?

Edited by Leopardus

7 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

I have never experienced this, so whilst it might be rooted in a code issue or similar, it also suggests you are experiencing it because of something local at your end - for example the specific combination of settings you are using or your mouse software conflicts.

Have you tried in the opposite of Windows mode (I forget what it is called)?

Fullscreen?

Typically myself I use borderless window mode. It's the best of both worlds, but does require a bit of properties changing on the 3DXChat shortcut.

1 minute ago, Ashbash said:

Fullscreen?

Typically myself I use borderless window mode. It's the best of both worlds, but does require a bit of properties changing on the 3DXChat shortcut.

Out of interest, how how you set your shortcut to achieve that (although I guess anyone else would have to adjust the values specically for their own set up).  It would be interesting though to see the parameters etc.

40 minutes ago, Leopardus said:

Out of interest, how how you set your shortcut to achieve that (although I guess anyone else would have to adjust the values specically for their own set up).  It would be interesting though to see the parameters etc.

Make sure your game is set into Windowed mode in game. Then you need to set in the properties of the shortcut "Target" field -popupwindow as shown: "#:\Program Files\3DXChat\3DXChat.exe" -popupwindow

Like that and it will start the game up in borderless, if it doesn't and you click off the game to another screen or tab out it still minimizes, focus the game window again and press ALT + Enter and it should sort it for you.