3DXChat Community

[Guide] FREE Radio Streaming - Easy - for new DJ's

Kellymare

4 hours ago, MaryanneR said:

Any way to just stream with Amazon Music??  I've built playlists that use for RL parties all the time.

Regardless of whether it is technically feasible, the first thing you should do is check the terms and conditions of use for Amazon Music.

• 2 months later...

Hi. Please help! I have tried to download winamp and shoutcast. Winamp downloaded great but shoutcast, absolutley nothing. Have tried cleaning pc as well as defrag, and still no go. It doesn't even take me to the next page when i click the download button. I'm guessing maybe an issue with the site. So, is there another way for me to stream my playlist in my club???????

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had trouble with just certain songs speeding up and breaking up? All my music plays fine in 3DX but two I recently added to my playlist won't play right. They play fine on Winamp on my computer, but when I use my Shoutcast to send it to 3DX it goes wonky. Too fast and breaking up.I have at least 24 hours of music on 3 ddifferent playlists, every song including these two new ones are MP3 and every song plays right except those two, I have deleted and redownloaded, I have removed from playlist and added back and I have shut off and restarted my shoutcast. Any other suggestions?

On 9/8/2021 at 10:25 AM, gbee said:

Has anyone had trouble with just certain songs speeding up and breaking up? All my music plays fine in 3DX but two I recently added to my playlist won't play right. They play fine on Winamp on my computer, but when I use my Shoutcast to send it to 3DX it goes wonky. Too fast and breaking up.I have at least 24 hours of music on 3 ddifferent playlists, every song including these two new ones are MP3 and every song plays right except those two, I have deleted and redownloaded, I have removed from playlist and added back and I have shut off and restarted my shoutcast. Any other suggestions?

The song you're trying to play might have a different sampling rate, can you tell me ~khz value of the song you are having issues with and also a song that plays normally?

I have it highlighted on this image.

khz.png

16 hours ago, Kellymare said:

The song you're trying to play might have a different sampling rate, can you tell me ~khz value of the song you are having issues with and also a song that plays normally?

I have it highlighted on this image.

khz.png

The songs I have that won't play are at 48Khz and I have songs that play at 44Khz. So how do I fix if that is the problem?

22 hours ago, gbee said:

The songs I have that won't play are at 48Khz and I have songs that play at 44Khz. So how do I fix if that is the problem?

Yeah the 48 khz + shoutcast dont mix, you'll have to bite the bullet and change them to 44. 

Find all your mp3 with 48khz, place them in a new folder and upload them all on http://www.aconvert.com/audio/

Use these settings and press Convert, then download them from conversion tab below it. There are also desktop audio editors you can use such as Audacity as stated above, if you wish to go that route then watch some guides on youtube on sample conversion 

02828ad231a6009e536f9de7dd0a4162.png.646e71281b8f7f84c9e960468e963676.png

On 8/29/2021 at 2:24 PM, maxiu said:

Hi. Please help! I have tried to download winamp and shoutcast. Winamp downloaded great but shoutcast, absolutley nothing. Have tried cleaning pc as well as defrag, and still no go. It doesn't even take me to the next page when i click the download button. I'm guessing maybe an issue with the site. So, is there another way for me to stream my playlist in my club???????

Use ctrl+shift+N after clicking the download button. 

• 1 month later...

When I used the link as shown in the video I received an email from Listen2myradio saying my system was turned off and I was violating the TOS. They added that if I continued to so I would loose my service. The provided other links for me to use but when I put them in the radio to run there is nothing playing. So I am lost on what to do. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/24/2020 at 1:45 PM, Kellymare said:

Tired of getting blue-balled by your grandma's friends when they ask you to host a live DJ stream for their bingo party but you didn't know how to? Well look no further, you've ventured into the proper territory!

Gone are the days of sucking wet farts out of your CD player; Gone are the days of being forced to sniff your old tennis shoes while listening to Taylor Swift, now look like a super-villain with this sweet free streaming method and start spinning those stacks of wax yourself today! 💿

-------------------------------------

LINKS

Radio Host - http://www.listen2myradio.com/

Winamp - https://www.winamp.com/

DSP Plugin - https://directory.shoutcast.com/Winamp

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Hi,

So i'm pretty sure I have everything setup correctly using icecast, butt and spotify. I can hear the music when I enter the room, but everybody else who enters can't hear the music. I tried raising the user limit in the config but that didn't seem to work either. Any insight on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

Edited by kevnish

On 1/13/2022 at 7:59 AM, kevnish said:

Hi,

So i'm pretty sure I have everything setup correctly using icecast, butt and spotify. I can hear the music when I enter the room, but everybody else who enters can't hear the music. I tried raising the user limit in the config but that didn't seem to work either. Any insight on what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.

I'm sorry but I don't use Icecast or know anything about it, are you having the same issue when using shoutcast? 

• 2 months later...

I'm struggling to get anything to broadcast with Traktor (uses Ogg Vorbis) and IceCast

Tried so many different little bits of software I've lost track - if anyone has any foolproof methods of streaming from Traktor to my room then please let me know - it's driving me mad!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I followed the instructions, downloaded Winamp and got my listen2myradio account...but Winamp keeps telling me iit cannot connect to the MP3 encoder? I found the file and put it in the folder it asks but still gives me the same error? I'm very confused, this is what is keeping me from continuing with the tutorial and I have no idea what to do. Anyone have any idea what i need to do?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 11:04 AM, Voing said:

I followed the instructions, downloaded Winamp and got my listen2myradio account...but Winamp keeps telling me iit cannot connect to the MP3 encoder? I found the file and put it in the folder it asks but still gives me the same error? I'm very confused, this is what is keeping me from continuing with the tutorial and I have no idea what to do. Anyone have any idea what i need to do?

are you trying to install the out-lame for winamp? when do you get this error, when playing the song or when opening the winamp itself? 

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2021 at 9:45 AM, Kellymare said:

I'll take a look into foobar but i did mange successfully setup the spotiamp + winamp combo for @Elesha, also had few friends test it.
Just never got around to making the tutorial Lol 

Hello @Kellymarewould you mind please tell me how did you successfully got it to work in few steps cuz i was trying but I couldn't use the shoutcast of spotiamp , if you can pleasure help me i would really appreciate it cuz i am trying to stream my spotify list on the spotiamp

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/10/2022 at 11:43 AM, OmarRaptor said:

Hello @Kellymarewould you mind please tell me how did you successfully got it to work in few steps cuz i was trying but I couldn't use the shoutcast of spotiamp , if you can pleasure help me i would really appreciate it cuz i am trying to stream my spotify list on the spotiamp

Are you using the premium version of spotify? 

You also need a virtual cable to route the output from spotiamp to winamp (search for VB-cable)

• 1 month later...
On 9/8/2022 at 2:04 PM, Voing said:

I ran into a similar problem. The program specifically needs "lame_enc.dll" in the "Shared" folder in Winamp. This file was not included in my Shoutcast 2.3.5 install. Instead, it has "enc_lame.dll", which doesn't work.

You can grab it here. Make sure to extract it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Shared. You can delete the README if you'd like.

https://www.dll-files.com/lame_enc.dll.html

• 1 month later...

Hello...i created account in liste2myradio...stream is ON.  installed winamp...installed shoutcast dsp...setup dsp....but when i check status...it continue reconnecting. I checked all things several times but all re correctly used.

Is there any special settings to go thru prors on my router? do i need to open some ports? Or what can cause this problem.

Thank you.

47 minutes ago, Byrkoff said:

Hello...i created account in liste2myradio...stream is ON.  installed winamp...installed shoutcast dsp...setup dsp....but when i check status...it continue reconnecting. I checked all things several times but all re correctly used.

Is there any special settings to go thru prors on my router? do i need to open some ports? Or what can cause this problem.

Thank you.

What is not connecting?

Is your broadcast encoder not connecting to the streaming server or are you having trouble connecting to the actual music stream?

It is very important the format of the stream address. It has to be in HTTP or HTTPS://xxx.yourdomain.xxx:PORTNUMBER/station - if applicable.

If you are streaming to the streaming server from your PC, and the address is correctly entered then you need to forward whatever port your server uses on your router.

Here is a site that can help you a lot for finding out which ports are open or not on your computer. Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router (yougetsignal.com)

When you load this site, it will add your IP address that the world sees automatically.

I ended up getting my own web server for my music server because my ports are blocked by my ISP even though they claim they are not.

So if you cannot open any of your ports you will need to contact your ISP and have the port you need unblocked, but from my experience, good luck on that!

And if you can't open any ports then it is impossible to stream from your PC in your situation.