3DXChat Community

rape room...again

Lunarelf

Of course they can remove stuff that the community finds offensive, but the written rule about it was removed, so what does that say about what the devs think about it?

3.09 which contain content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.

Edited by Niblette

1 minute ago, Niblette said:

Of course they can remove stuff that the community finds offensive, but the written rule about it was removed, so what does that say about what the devs think about it?

3.09 which contain content that is otherwise deemed inappropriate.

I can't remember that this rule ever looked different, sry... and the TOS I mean are here in the forum beyond the point "read first"

That used to be listed on the website as well next to the Game Rules and EULA. But they removed the link to it. I suppose its still on the forum though. I kind of have to think that the game rules are the rules that apply to the game.

https://3dxchat.com/game-rules.html

http://3dxchat.com/terms-and-conditions.html

Edited by Niblette

16 hours ago, JessicaX said:

I sill think these claims are baseless. But let's say you are correct, and talking about this subject does cause more people to partake in this. Those people will also be banned, so quite the opposite is true, in the sense that, it removes more of these people from the community. That is a positive in my book and even more of a reason to bring this to attention. 

Can't ban them from the game here on forums. You said it yourself, the action needs to take place in-game. I guess with that, if this topic's OP was a plea to have people in the game  report rape rooms and have the hosts banned and just leave it at that minus all the dribble afterward and all the pointless back and forth, this would have been a worthwhile topic. But it's not.

And you're off about my claims being baseless, they are quite spot on, because that is what repeatedly happens in the game. I just have to assume you didn't think that claim through, or in such cases never bother to.

Edited by Coldheart

8 hours ago, Coldheart said:

Can't ban them from the game here on forums. You said it yourself, the action needs to take place in-game. I guess with that, if this topic's OP was a plea to have people in the game  report rape rooms and have the hosts banned and just leave it at that minus all the dribble afterward and all the pointless back and forth, this would have been a worthwhile topic. But it's not.

And you're off about my claims being baseless, they are quite spot on, because that is what repeatedly happens in the game. I just have to assume you didn't think that claim through, or in such cases never bother to.

It's actually untrue because those types of rooms open much less frequently than they used to. I am going to assume that you have not been here as long as I have, or else you would know this. 

hmm for those that are sensitive to the word i apologize.  Still hold in the end if your careful in you selection as to who you approach and dont bring violence into the rp i still dont get offended at the word in the end its just a word with the rules and safeguards on 3dx but again i apologize for the description

19 hours ago, JessicaX said:

It's actually untrue because those types of rooms open much less frequently than they used to. I am going to assume that you have not been here as long as I have, or else you would know this. 

You are somewhat correct on this last point, there’s a lot more rooms open in general, which yes would indeed make it appear there are lesser rooms with this theme. There’s still close to the same number, just many more rooms that are open now that are not related to the R word. 

Edited by Coldheart

In conclusion (I hope) I will “put my money where my mouth is” so to speak and use some of my spare time from today through the weekend and casually stroll around reporting anyone who opens these rooms.

And for the record Lux, putting your money where your mouth is totally different from putting your mouth where other men’s cocks are, so don’t get all excited.

Edited by Coldheart

It's such a difficult topic depending on your view. In more ways than one 3DXChat is filled with taboos and scenarios with risky topics.
A lot of people have weird kinks, some of those are rather extreme. Personally, I'm against rape... and I understand how the word can be a bad trigger for a lot of people.
However, in the 3DXChat setting, there's no way to actually perform this action. Two parties always need to consent before anything can happen... so in any situation, it would be roleplay.
If some people have this desire, I much rather have them perform it in a means of roleplay with someone who's fantasizing about being a victim, rather than having them out on the streets making matters much more real.

However, I do feel the game needs a means to filter the list... words you don't want to see or vice versa. Something that allows people with past experiences to prevent triggers that would ruin their game.

Ok, so what I get from comments like the 2 above is that some people don't give a rats ass about rape and others seem to think that with taboos on risky topics that rape should be included as not bad enough to be not allowed.

Yes there are lots of subjects in 3DXChat that people will either agree with or not and people choose their own lines to be drawn. It seems the only one that everyone can agree to is when it comes to child sex. I am just surprised that there is so many who want to draw that line above rape. 

I don't accept that it is just roleplay as an excuse for people who will accept rape but not child sex as you can roleplay both, why is one roleplay acceptable and not the other, that to me is saying you do not think rape to be such a bad thing.

In those rooms you will find very few actual females, if any, mostly the female avis in those rooms will be males wanting to play a female victim. What concerns me most is that in those rooms you will find people with actual fantasies of rape. Get it through your heads, fantasies of rape is not healthy and for some is what leads to actual rape. Thinking that giving them a place where they can act out their fantasies can somehow prevent them from doing it for real is wrong, it will more likely just increase the amount they fantasise about rape. It also gives these people an environment where they can swap ideas and excuses. Most people who do commit rape had found themselves an excuse to allow them to do so.

Please stop belittling rape, it makes me feel like you do not include adult women who have been raped as being innocent and defenceless like you are when it comes to child sex. Plus with the largest percentage of rapes, in this country anyway, are girls under the age of 18.

@KeshaBisha @kesha1982 why you need two accounts actually? 

to answer your question two posts ago: yes you risk a ban and yes there are confirmed bans. Just read this thread from the begin to the end to find somebody who complains about a friend who got banned because of a rape room.

Can we now please stop trivializing an illegal and criminal offence which is firstly not far from child abuse and secondly is not much less serious than murder? Rape destroys the psyche and whole lives and should not be given a breeding ground. 

I can get the argument: there are enough of rape victims among the 3dxchat's players and it hurt them to see such rooms. If it's really so, it seems like a good enough reason to avoid from publicly opening rape rooms.

But I don't get these arguments and I hear them not the first time:

1. Rape is illegal.

2. First they rape here, then they rape irl.

There are tons of games that are centered about illegal activities and there is nothing wrong with this. If I "kill" someone or they are "killing" me in online shooter – we don't really kill each other, we just playing a game. There is nothing illegal about it. Why it works differently with rape-themed RP?

Almost every male teen have played some FPS, some even played a lot of them. But I don't see some insane grow of violence. Violent crimes mostly going down over the years.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

I can get the argument: there are enough of rape victims among the 3dxchat's players and it hurt them to see such rooms. If it's really so, it seems like a good enough reason to avoid from publicly opening rape rooms.

But I don't get these arguments and I hear them not the first time:

1. Rape is illegal.

2. First they rape here, then they rape irl.

There are tons of games that are centered about illegal activities and there is nothing wrong with this. If I "kill" someone or they are "killing" me in online shooter – we don't really kill each other, we just playing a game. There is nothing illegal about it. Why it works differently with rape-themed RP?

Almost every male teen have played some FPS, some even played a lot of them. But I don't see some insane grow of violence. Violent crimes mostly going down over the years.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/191219/reported-violent-crime-rate-in-the-usa-since-1990/

I think a factor to consider is the ‘branding’

Yes there are violent games, but on the whole those tend to use the violence as part of a narrative. 
I think there would be outrage if someone basically made a ‘School Shooter Simulator’ and named it that. 

As for games like Grand Theft Auto, I think these games make the violence deliberately a bit over the top so it isn’t in fact very realistic. 
Which blurs the lines towards Reality. 

I do agree though that there’s little to no evidence that actions or acts online, directly lead to trying those acts in real life. 
Still doesn’t mean I’d want the term Rape flashed in my face in 3DX though. 
I would complain the same if someone opened a room that said ‘Nazi Orgy Heil Clitler’ or something like that. 
Some things are just to far. 
And should be banned. 

5 minutes ago, Derai said:

I would complain the same if someone opened a room that said ‘Nazi Orgy Heil Clitler’ or something like that. 

Call me a bad person but I probably would laugh seeing such a room x) 

Because it goes to the point of absurd. Tbh I am chuckled when read it :P

Just now, Xizl said:

Call me a bad person but I probably would laugh seeing such a room x) 

Because it goes to the point of absurd. Tbh I am chuckled when read it :P

As intended lol. 
Figured we could use a chuckle. 

Although it’s also a good example though. 
We laugh, some are offended by it. 

1 minute ago, KeshaBisha said:

This is not a safe house for rape victims. I'm not insensitive I am just done bending to political correctness. One you allow the R word to be controlled you open the door for every other bleeding heart cause you can think of. The fact is you are the ones marginalizing such a serious tragedy as Real rape with a cartoon game. You are the ones doing the dis service to actual Rape victims by thinking nagging on a club name and you've done your part. Give money or  volunteer your time but dont cheapen them to the point of comparing what they went through with a cartoon club name.

And how would you know any of us haven’t done all those things and more?

Get of your high horse would ya?

Thankfully 3dx is a 'nice' environment and the developers have taken the stance that they don't want such names used. Honestly who cares if some semi-literate drongo from Kazakhstan is banned.

I laughed when I read people comparing BDSM slaves with actual slavery to make their point. Yeah we get what you say, but it's a stupid argument. Simple fact is developers said they don't want one word used, whereas to date no 'slave' rooms have been closed!

I believe 3dx specifically bans Nazi stuff as failure to do so would mean the game is not available to Germans. I believe Germany is quite proactive in enforcing a law banning nazi imagery.

5 minutes ago, AHT said:

I laughed when I read people comparing BDSM slaves with actual slavery to make their point. Yeah we get what you say, but it's a stupid argument. Simple fact is developers said they don't want one word used, whereas to date no 'slave' rooms have been closed!

There was one that made the argument that because Epstein was into BDSM and turned out to be a pedophile. Logically that meant that every practitioner of BDSM must have Pedophile leanings. 

Which is basically the so called ‘Hitler ate sugar’ strawman argument. 
Someone Evil loved something unrelated, so ergo everyone who loves the same thing must be just as Evil. 
Total Bullshit. 

Edited by Derai

20 minutes ago, Derai said:

As intended lol. 
Figured we could use a chuckle. 

Although it’s also a good example though. 
We laugh, some are offended by it. 

Well. There are a lot of things that offends someone. I mean, some overly religious or conservative man can be offended by two people of same sex kissing each other. So when we making a borderlines about what is allowed and what is not we should not only be careful about how far in the depravity/extreme we can let people go publicly in their RP, but also be careful about not creating a boring sterile space where everything aside of most vanilla activities are forbidden. I mean, if we will forbid anything that offends someone, 3dxchat going to be a very boring place. Not talking exactly about rape rooms though. I am fine with closing those.

43 minutes ago, KeshaBisha said:

This is not a safe house for rape victims. I'm not insensitive I am just done bending to political correctness. One you allow the R word to be controlled you open the door for every other bleeding heart cause you can think of. The fact is you are the ones marginalizing such a serious tragedy as Real rape with a cartoon game. You are the ones doing the dis service to actual Rape victims by thinking nagging on a club name and you've done your part. Give money or  volunteer your time but dont cheapen them to the point of comparing what they went through with a cartoon club name.

Now this post just is so far over the top, you likely don't know it but others in here do, I am a victim and I have also been involved in helping other rape victims. So before you go sprouting your BS in here know what you are talking about.

As for the things you keep saying, the word rape being used in the room names is not what bothers me and others, it is the intention of the rooms. It is the amount of people that go in those rooms when they are opened. It is what influence those rooms can have over people, and it is that there are so many that seem to think they should be allowed.

Do not compare shoot m up kill em dead games to this, in those games how many people do you think actually have fantasies of killing people. How many of those people do you think could find excuses for actually committing murder in those games. People have found excuses for committing rape just from reading bullshit stats on the Internet, like 60% of women have fantasies of being raped. There are loads of rumours and mis information that circulates in 3DXChat about rape, as there is in real life. But allowing rooms to open like that is like saying, hey we will give you all a place where you can hear them all, we will give you a place where you can increase the acceptance of your fantasy. Reading the things that are put in these threads where people keep defending rape fantasies as being something like normal makes me feel sick.

To all you who are saying what are we going to not allow next, that if rape rooms are stopped then what else will follow. Well the same can be said the other way, if rape rooms are allowed then how long before child sex abuse rooms will be asked to be allowed. 

Now here is the real killer, people in this thread have mentioned things like black slavery rooms or nazi rooms. I never saw any of those rooms and likely there never was any. But if there ever was a room opened like that there would be a huge backlash. Or lets say a room called bash a transgender or something like that. Knowing how it is in 3DXChat there would be a massive uproar. But when it comes to rape, well we only have to look through this thread to see it doesn't come close to comparing, how do you think that makes me feel.

GTA is a game there you can play a criminal so you can for sure murder, thief, sell drugs and so on.... I would not like to play such a game but since I don't have to, I am fine. All players of this game agree on the fact that they can die the virtual death or see it a lot. It is part of this game.

3dxChat is a game about sex and chatting. But how is rape sex? by definition sex always happens by mutual agreement between two or more full age adults. Rape not - same of cause for underage sex. THIS is the line. 

If you tolerate rape as a fantasy you would have to tolerate other awful fantasies (e.g. underage) as well since the fantasy itself happens between two adult persons behind their PC monitors. 
Both are despicable deeds and all those who are somehow into it should get into therapy and not expect their fantasy to be tolerated by others in a sex game.

So what is wrong to draw a line where SEX ends and ABUSE starts? Makes for me totally sense. 

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

I mean, some overly religious or conservative man can be offended by two people of same sex kissing each other. 

It is generally accepted in open-minded countries that homosexual is not a crime. The comparison is therefore enormously misleading. BDSM is not a crime as well. Period. These are all common sex practices. If you feel offended by them than a sex game isn't the right place for you to hang out.