3DXChat Community

Planned nipple size slider and piercings

Anaganda

YndjGkXDWP.gif

unknown.png

From discord...
and please this is not about the fact that they should be posting updates here and not on discord... so let's spare this argument...

For me it's just about saying my opinion about this planned update, since we can't type any thing on the discord channel.

1- nipple slider... the slider should be for the areola (circular colored patch of skin) only, actual nipple (pointy bits) should remain the same.
2- as for the piercing... should be an actual 3d model not a texture that looks like it's tattoo'd on the boob.

over all if this is how the final product is gonna look like, then better not do it cause at least for me this will look like a down grade in the game's visual quality.

1 minute ago, W4RN1NG said:

Oh I hadn't seen this topic, but yeah I really find the piercing horrible and I don't understand why not add real piercings 👁️‍🗨️

Because seems like they are too lazy to do an actual 3d model. Nipple piercings as a texture... It's a fucking new level of not giving a fuck about quality of their game. 

ok here 2 example i just did in 10 mins for both plus render times ^^ plus to set up the avatar So u understand ^^

1st is the piercing with not being animated or being contstrained  etc 

2nd example is making the piercing constrain to the boobies so it doesnt clip 

So as you see its a matter of few tiny minitues for some quality and not lazyness ^^ 

What you've showed supposedly "piercing" is a pathetic attempt to bring something to the community that has been asked for ages! This is nothing more than 2 minutes of photoshop. Almost seems like you're trying to mock your community with this crap! We want actual piercings (you know a separate 3D model, an actual accessory that you can toggle on and off!) not this crap a nipple texture... seriously is that the best you could come up with?

mIETSVlJXlkAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

If you wander why like/dislike ratio is so good I will tell you why:

It's not because 3dxchat's community aside of forum is so distasteful and this lack of any effort is alright for most people.

It's because on this little preview it does not look like a texture if you don't expand the picture or don't look super attentive to details on the little pic.

I myself pressed a thumbs up button at first, because I could not even think that devs made it as a texture. My thought was "YAY! Nipple piercings finally! So cool!!". I could not even imagine that they did it as a texture lol. My opinion about the devs was higher than this lol. 

And then I saw this thread. Imagine my disappointment. 

@Lisa It`s great that you work for the new updates and that careful about optimization. But these little things (piercings) should be a good-quality 3d objects. It doesn`t mean 1000 polygons/faces per model, but something more than than just a drawing/texture. Thank you.

First, the areola should definitely slide separately from the nipple, yes.

Second, the players complaining about rings not being modeled should consider some things.
The below image is a torus (ring). It's extremely easy to model. You're right about that. But to achieve geometry that actually looks round, each ring could easily be 150-300 polygons, while the "painted" version is between 0-2.

Abstract Geometry: Low Poly White Torus. 3D Polygonal Object,.. Royalty  Free Cliparts, Vectors, And Stock ...

Many small details on models are done with normal mapping, which creates the illusion of depth and shadow without actually adding any additional geometry. This is good because additional polygons can add rendering time, and from most angles you can't tell the difference.

This is a square (2triangles/polygons). The holes aren't modeled.

Understanding Normal Maps | Treehouse Blog

Will a pair of 300-poly nipple rings on 30 people in the same shot add 18,000 polys to the scene? Not necessarily. It's common to swap out models based on the camera's distance (known as LOD, level of detail), so from a long distance, the nipple rings might just be reduced to textures/squares or removed altogether. Player avatars are probably close to 100k up close, s

LOD Document | S.Thomas Creations

Last thing, you're getting a new feature, which requires some amount of coding and art time, including different ring options, nipple textures, etc, in addition to the code necessary to make them work. Maybe they can afford to do more right now, and maybe they can't. But you're complaining over one static preview image that, for all we know, might already be of a 3D ring.

image.png.63dcc037db5b3f66f8999805d1397754.png

For comparison, the jewelry in-game captures light correctly while in motion and it's not modeled, it's just a normal map on a couple of quads. To model this would be an enormous number of polygons. So while a simple ring might be 300, if they released bars with spiders on the ends or a dragon head, you could end up with a 2,000 polygon piece on each nipple. If that is their goal, then for consistency it might make more sense to bake them all into textures with normal maps.

It's fine to complain but don't attack the devs or suggest they don't care or aren't delivering enough.

2 hours ago, Xaufin said:

It's fine to complain but don't attack the devs or suggest they don't care or aren't delivering enough.

I do suggest they don't care and don't delivering enough. 

Alivia just made a nipple ring in 10 mins. 

People hosting the server about which better not to talk here made nipple rings and added it in game.

But Gizmo and Lisa can't make nipple rings because it's too much of a work?

Or because two piercings in some peoples' nipples are too much of load on PC? Well if a damn piercing is too much of a load for some peeps laptops/PCs they better really consider buying a new one, we are not talking about AAA-game level graphics here, we talking about very basic stuff. We are talking about stuff that is normal for games for last like 10-15 years. 

What the fuck is this texture of a nipples? Did I return in my early childhood time and play in some early 200s game or it's a fucking 2020? Again. We are not taking about photo-realistic graphics here. Not about rays or DLSS or some other super new shit. We are talking about having a damn ring as a 3d object. Is this so difficult? 

Edited by Xizl
spelling mistakes

50 minutes ago, Xaufin said:

Second, the players complaining about rings not being modeled should consider some things.
The below image is a torus (ring). It's extremely easy to model. You're right about that. But to achieve geometry that actually looks round, each ring could easily be 150-300 polygons, while the "painted" version is between 0-2.

yeeeeah... doesn't need to be a 300 poly torus ring can be a very low poly one since it small no need for it to be detailed... heck even a low poly cylinder which can amount to 20-30 polygons, and people will be happy...
the female avatar poly count is 14174 polys, that's not counting the face or any clothes... so really an extra 300 or even 2000 polygons in the era of 64-bit shouldn't amount to much problems, if we are gonna argue for the sake of people running 10 years old machines then they have the option to lower the graphics.

all that being said... still my main argument holds, if they can't do it properly then they shouldn't do it at all, baking it into a texture will surely look like a downgrade.

Edited by Anaganda

7 hours ago, Aliviax said:

Make a half dozen different ones  Alivia and send them to Lisa and see what happens.. I'm sure you could in under 2 hours. The most popular styles are relatively simple and plain.

I am very curious what the reaction might be.

pair-of-basic-horseshoe-horseshoe-spike-

Edited by THX

37 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

im sory but i realy dont wanna bother i  have lost all faith and the more i watch that lazyness the more im not in mood ..if they Dont work on their game ..why should we work ?

hahah i mean Did we reach the era that the customer has to pay for the product that wants to buy and same time produce it ? its like i order from Amazon a Tv i pay them and then they tell me if u want ur Tv come and create it hahaah ...i stop talk now cause someone will appear and tell us if you dont like Stop playing hahah The new meta answer for everything ^^^

Oh, I understand.

If you ever change your mind, think of how eye opening it can be. Either, you get no response, which tells us one thing, or you get a reponse and we learn something else.

It's one thing for us all to bitch but solve nothing. It's another when you can prove a point in an unquestionable way.

It would be great to see the reaction

Edited by THX

1 hour ago, Anaganda said:

yeeeeah... doesn't need to be a 300 poly torus ring can be a very low poly one since it small no need for it to be detailed... heck even a low poly cylinder which can amount to 20-30 polygons, and people will be happy...
the female avatar poly count is 14174 polys, that's not counting the face or any clothes... so really an extra 300 or even 2000 polygons in the era of 64-bit shouldn't amount to much problems, if we are gonna argue for the sake of people running 10 years old machines then they have the option to lower the graphics.

all that being said... still my main argument holds, if they can't do it properly then they shouldn't do it at all, baking it into a texture will surely look like a downgrade.

You think "lower graphics" is something the player does which takes no extra work on the developer's side? The game engine still has to swap to another model of lower detail which does have to be made. The "option" to lower graphics does not save work. And Alivia made a literal ring, not an actual piercing like what THX posted.

And no, a 30-polygon ring or torus (which is not a cylinder in any way) would definitely look shittier than a texture. But the math really isn't important. This is a preview of a work in progress. How many piercing presets and options will there be? We don't know, yet we're complaining.

Sure, the devs could definitely release things faster than they are, but for whatever reason, they aren't. You're paying to use existing features. If you get something new, be grateful, cause you're entitled to nothing more than what already exists. If the textured rings are such low quality that your experience is ruined by them, there are a couple of elegant solutions for you, the player: a) don't use them, b) don't zoom in that close. Ta da.

If you're familiar with Skyrim mods, or even Fallout mods, then you'll also know that yes, 3d modeling should be the way to go. However, the way that meshes are handled in most games, especially with layered 3d models, is that you get clipping. That is, unless the original plan was to account for 3d meshing to be layered under another 3d mesh. This can be done in various ways such as making the mesh transparent when clothing is applied. A lot of clipping is fixed this way, as it essentially removes any mesh that is being covered by the layer of mesh on top of it.

Now take that frame of mind and think about all the separate creators that have made clothing for 3dx. Those clothing models do not account for physical nipple piercings, let alone any variants that might also be available.

Now you have put on your favorite nipple piercing and put on your favorite shirt or dress. Now you notice that your piercings are now clipping through the outfit. The issue is something that can be fixed but the creators will have to go and make updates to the outfits they've made and re submit them to the devs.