3DXChat Community

Playing Alts At The Same Time

Xaufin

You need a way to run two instances of the game client. Either by running each on a different machine (like Desktop and Laptop)

Or find a way to run two or more copies of the game from one machine. (It’s possible but I don’t specifically know How)

There is nothing illegal about this because you pay for both (or more) accounts.

So yeah. It is possible with a bit of work. 
You might find info by googling ‘how to multi-box a game’

I believe that’s the term for this. 

Edited by Derai

I would hope I don't need separate accounts, since I'm also paying to create a secondary character on the main account. Although I guess it's not paying for the extra server space to connect at the same time.

Would be nice to have an option on the character menu for each character to "stay logged in when switching characters". Then it just leaves the non-active avatars wherever they were. Then a dropdown near the top to switch to another currently logged in character.

If possible @Gizmo, maybe create a higher subscription level that allows for more characters to be logged in at the same time? Mainly because I don't want to bother with new emails, passwords, or even game clients to play multiple characters.

Non-sale 6 month rates
$10/m for 1 character at once
$15/m for 3 characters at once
$30/m for 8 characters at once

18 minutes ago, Xaufin said:

If possible @Gizmo, maybe create a higher subscription level that allows for more characters to be logged in at the same time? Mainly because I don't want to bother with new emails, passwords, or even game clients to play multiple characters.

Non-sale 6 month rates
$10/m for 1 character at once
$15/m for 3 characters at once
$30/m for 8 characters at once

Sounds like a heaven for trolls, stalkers and cheaters. 

2 hours ago, Xizl said:

Sounds like a heaven for trolls, stalkers and cheaters. 

They can already just get a second account, which is allowed. So, while technically nobody likes the people you mentioned, they're still allowed to pay and play. If this system also benefits them, that can't really be helped. But not having the integrated multiplaying system doesn't stop them from doing it and the extra expense is nothing relative to their motivation to be shitty.

1 hour ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Sounds like a higher subscription level. I am against it.

But you would still have the default option. How are you actually affected by higher levels?

2 minutes ago, Xaufin said:

They can already just get a second account, which is allowed. So, while technically nobody likes the people you mentioned, they're still allowed to pay and play. If this system also benefits them, that can't really be helped. But not having the integrated multiplaying system doesn't stop them from doing it and the extra expense is nothing relative to their motivation to be shitty.

But you would still have the default option. How are you actually affected by higher levels?

Long time ago, devs said that 3dxchat will not get into such things and everyone will be equal in the game functional. Such things can broke things and their idea. But you have your idea and you have all rights to describe this. I am afraid a little of what this can lead to.

On 8/20/2020 at 9:22 AM, Xaufin said:

From what I've read this used to be possible. And nothing in the site's rules suggests it's not allowed.

Is there a way to log in with 2+ characters?

yes the only way is to have 2 accounts :)  double the money :)